Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
If he is kept on the payroll,does this keep St Louis from making a big ufa offer to Landy?

Most likely due to the trade for Buch. Depending on how much Buch gets offering $8MM+ to landy leaves little left to fill out the roster. The Blues have had no problem spending to the cap but there might not be enough room left for Landy.

Of course it is also possible if the Blues really think they are getting landy they would probably dump Tarasenko for whatever is available. Essentially trading Tank for Landy

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
I don’t know why people don’t want Voracek but I like him. He’s only 31 and he’ll fulfill the rest of his contract IMO. Good player.

i like Jake. He can still produce but the Flyers have plenty of play makers. They could really use a pure goal scorer in their lineup.

Reactions: Bluesguru

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Why is it hard to accept Dunn had more value than Tarasenko to an expansion team? 24yo D who already has a cup ring, put up just below .5ppg last year, and has 3 more controllable years and a QO less than 2mil.

I’m sure GMRF saw a building block in Dunn.

Good point. Value is relative to the team interested in acquiring him, so it just means that there wasn't a good fit right now. I'm sure the flat cap had a lot to do with it. Many teams could find room for a 24 year old defenseman at $3-4 million compared to a $7.5 million forward with questionable health. If teams are going to spend that much they likely want a sure thing whereas it's a lot easier to take a chance on a guy like Dunn.

It sounds like Armstrong left Tarasenko exposed partly as a favor to him, knowing he wants a change of scenery. It's not like he's eager to get rid of him.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
I must be alone in wanting him on my team. I still think he can be a great scorer. Bruins could really use him on their second line with Hall and Krejci. He won’t be a first line guy anymore but people are really undervaluing him now.

They should have listened to you. Reports of Tarasenko's demise have been greatly exaggerated!

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Through 5 games, Tarasenko leads the NHL in shots. He looks like he's in great, proud shape and he seems to have an opinion on the commentary he heard on whether he was washed up.

He's likely available to an Eastern contender. The summer price, sorry that is no more. It starts with 2022 1st + a top prospect. If that doesn't get offered, Blues keep him the entire season and playoffs it shouldn't surprise anyone.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I don't get you guys.

Tarasenko looks great, just keep him playing.
He will reach 30 goals easily
The relationship is still beyond repair, Tarasenko still wants a trade. The only question is do we wait till next summer or would Army pull the trigger if he gets an offer he likes during the season.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I don't get you guys.

Tarasenko looks great, just keep him playing.
He will reach 30 goals easily
Having Tarasenko on the current roster is a luxury, not a necessity.

His relationship with Armstrong is pretty much ruined.

Freeing up Tarasenko’s cap hit to acquire a top 4 defenseman in-season or off-season does a lot more for the Blues than just holding onto Tarasenko.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I’m pissed that the Devils didn’t make a deal in the off-season, the price would rightfully be sky high now. I get that there was risk involved and hindsight is 20/20 but damn is he in fire right now. Good for him

jjniner

Feb 28, 2016
Agreed he is on fire. Skating with a lot of confidence. If he still wants out, you sure cannot tell by his smile on his face. I know if he still wants out, that could well be why he is playing with the passion he did in his early days. Luxury, not a necessity.. you hit that on the head. While he is playing great, I do believe if the Blues get the right offer, they will pull the trigger. He has 1.9 good years left and if indeed healthy, could return a lot. Sooner than later before he injures himself again.

Needs:

very good and strong left handed d man
Draft picks to help with the rebuild of the farm system. Strong draft next year. I think a first and high prospect or two seconds and a high prospect.

just hoping and praying there are teams that need offense!

will accept any proposals

SwivelSchwartz

May 14, 2019
Any trade now should be a three way with Anaheim or Seattle. Otherwise there’s no point in hurting the roster this year. Defensive top end lhd is the only glaring weakness. See how scandella and co look and reassess around the deadline, and see if any injuries have occurred that freed up space

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Tarasenko doing what he's doing right now for the Blues, but for a team in the arms race Metro.

Who is the best defensive prospect/young vet you can add to your 2022 1st?

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
Ottawa?
Jake Sanderson and a couple of your 2nds?
I don't think this happens for a coupla reasons.
1) OTT is still in build mode
2) Vladi doesn't fit said build mode
3) Vladi doesn't waive for OTT
4) OTT needs to keep their picks for said build mode, or trade them for up and coming young players

think STL would do it tho, but....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad