Speculation: What happens with Tarasenko now?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Which exactly is the point. He is playing top notch to be moved, if you then don't move him.. you think it will continue?
You can't simply say he's playing top notch to be moved, you don't know that. This is also the first time in awhile that he's fully healthy and had a full off-season to train. He's also not the type of player to quit on his teammates. I'm sure Armstrong and him have talked and possibly discussed waiting until next summer for a move. Again, if Tarasenko ends up just quitting on his team, that's going to tank his trade value. It's not like he's going to play hard and if he's not traded by December, he's just going to say **** it and stop trying.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
You can't simply say he's playing top notch to be moved, you don't know that. This is also the first time in awhile that he's fully healthy and had a full off-season to train. He's also not the type of player to quit on his teammates. I'm sure Armstrong and him have talked and possibly discussed waiting until next summer for a move. Again, if Tarasenko ends up just quitting on his team, that's going to tank his trade value. It's not like he's going to play hard and if he's not traded by December, he's just going to say **** it and stop trying.
And you don't know it is the inverse. I'm just pointing out that it is possible that a player could not play as hard if the trade they requested is not fulfilled. Something that perplexed the guy I was responding to.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
And you don't know it is the inverse. I'm just pointing out that it is possible that a player could not play as hard if the trade they requested is not fulfilled. Something that perplexed the guy I was responding to.
No, you said he would. Not that it's possible.

I said what's he going to do, quit on his teammates? and you said yes.

Goalpost moving doesn't perplex me though

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
No, you said he would. Not that it's possible.

I said what's he going to do, quit on his teammates? and you said yes.

Goalpost moving doesn't perplex me though
I don't know how anyone would read that as affirming that he would absolutely quit on his teammates in a playoff run, especially considering we don't know if he will or not. But you brushing it off and insinuating that it would crazy to think he would do it..chefs kiss.

Goal posts ..sure :biglaugh:

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't know how anyone would read that as affirming that he would absolutely quit on his teammates in a playoff run, especially considering we don't know if he will or not. But you brushing it off and insinuating that it would crazy to think he would do it..chefs kiss.

Goal posts ..sure :biglaugh:
So you didn't bold my question, what's he going to do, quit on his teammates? with a one word answer:

"Yeah"

?

Reactions: BlueSeal and LGB51

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
So you didn't bold my question, what's he going to do, quit on his teammates? with a one word answer:

"Yeah"

?
I did. I noted the opposite of what you insinuated because it is feasible that it happens. I have spent way too much time trying to explain this. Best of luck, hopefully he wins a Vezina and Calder!

Stupendous Yappi

Idiot Control Now!
Sponsor
Aug 23, 2018
Erwin, TN
I haven't seen any realistic trade scenario mid-season here. Because of the salary cap, it would pretty much have to be a 'hockey trade' of worthwhile player for player (plus balancers). I don't really see anything terribly realistic.

This off-season is a lot more realistic. 5.5M owed for 7.5M cap hit for one year of Tarasenko and a great chance to acquire and re-sign him. In the off-season teams can structure their Cap to accommodate a trade that isn't balanced for salary.

If JR keeps fanning the coals of this trade request every time Tarasenko has a good game, its going to be ever more apparent that he's unwittingly become a shill for Tarasenko's agent. Reading his last piece on this, I was trying to imagine how it would read differently if he had been directly commissioned by Vlad's agent. I couldn't come up with any changes he'd need to make.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
You believe that will continue after not finishing top-10 in scoring for last 5 years? Based on a 5 game sample with 3 games against Arizona and LA lol?
Will be fun to revisit this in a few months

I think they can. Kyrou is on the verge of stardom. Thomas looks awesome. The acquired Buchnevich and Saad. Tarasenko looks like a 40g scorer. The offense looks like it can score 5G per night

RasmusAndersson

Oct 19, 2013
I think they can. Kyrou is on the verge of stardom. Thomas looks awesome. The acquired Buchnevich and Saad. Tarasenko looks like a 40g scorer. The offense looks like it can score 5G per night

Haha I appreciate the confidence and I do think Buchnevich was an incredible addition but with teams like Edmonton Tampa and Colorado out there it’ll be tough. I see St Louis as more in the 8-12 range offensively, and losing Tarasenko would maybe drop you down to 12-15 range. But fair to be high on Kyrou and the young core

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
After the disrespect St Louis showed him I'm honestly surprised he's playing this well.. is he going to demand a trade or just accept an apology given the circumstances he put the team in with his injury history?

He looks like the old Tarasenko while playing less minutes and with lesser teammates.

Mike Liut

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 12, 2008
After the disrespect St Louis showed him I'm honestly surprised he's playing this well.. is he going to demand a trade or just accept an apology given the circumstances he put the team in with his injury history?

He looks like the old Tarasenko while playing less minutes and with lesser teammates.

He’s playing with Thomas and Barbashev. Thomas is a stud. Best passer on the team

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
You believe that will continue after not finishing top-10 in scoring for last 5 years? Based on a 5 game sample with 3 games against Arizona and LA lol?
Will be fun to revisit this in a few months
to say at this time they're "slightly above average" is not correct, and to say they'll only be average is not correct either. at this time, they're very good. I expect them to be "above average" going forward. this is what happens when youngsters like Thomas and Kyrou progress and you add a 30+ goal scorer to your lineup, and swap a schwartz (who has been struggling to score in the reg season) with a Saad and Buchnevich

it's almost like rosters change from year to year

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
He’s playing with Thomas and Barbashev. Thomas is a stud. Best passer on the team
honestly, the team is DEEP upfront. with Vladi being on the "third" line, ya gotta wonder if he's getting better matchups against other teams. that'll definitely help
and like ya said, Thomas being a stud, and Vladi seems to like playing with Barby.. good stuff

can the relationship be repaired? seems like his agent has no interest in that (Vladi, to his credit, has kept his mouth shut so no telling what he really thinks).
so by the all-star break I would imagine that IF he's traded, it'd happen by then. if not, offseason. wouldn't be very smart to trade him late in the season and go into the playoffs that way

well, "I" wouldn't do that anyways lol

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
15 min a night on the 3rd line. Enough said

Looking at their ice time, both the "second" and "third" lines average pretty much the same minutes 5-on-5 so I think it's more fair to call them lines 2a and 2b. The opponents can decide which of those two lines get the tougher D matchup, but either line is capable of being our best scoring line on any given night.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Haha I appreciate the confidence and I do think Buchnevich was an incredible addition but with teams like Edmonton Tampa and Colorado out there it’ll be tough. I see St Louis as more in the 8-12 range offensively, and losing Tarasenko would maybe drop you down to 12-15 range. But fair to be high on Kyrou and the young core

I understand that perception started from a lower spot so will take more evidence to change thinking, but right now to give you an idea, there is an internal discussion by informed Blues observers about whether this will turn out to be the best offense the Blues have ever had in 54 seasons.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Looking at their ice time, both the "second" and "third" lines average pretty much the same minutes 5-on-5 so I think it's more fair to call them lines 2a and 2b. The opponents can decide which of those two lines get the tougher D matchup, but either line is capable of being our best scoring line on any given night.

He’s legitimately on the 3rd line but his ice time gets bumped up some because he’s also on the top PP unit

both fair points I just wonder what he's thinking in his head after what transpired this offseason

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad