What’s your unpopular hockey opinion?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
More than any other major sport, winning a championship is a decidedly team accomplishment that individual players should not be praised/criticized for.

On top of that, more than any other major sport, there is a massive element of chance and winning a championship is much more good fortune than it is pure skill.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
The NHL needs to go back to wooden sticks and smaller goalie equipment. Technology is ruining hockey just like golf.

What the HECK are you talking about???? :laugh:
tech.jpg

Reactions: SupremeNachos

Trocity

Nov 24, 2016

Only in box lacrosse though, field lacrosse is completely different.

It's weird that we are stereotyped as being so polite, yet our national sport and the sport we claim is ours are the only sports that let people beat the absolute shit out of each other bare knuckle. :laugh:

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
During the game, the two home club skaters scratched from the lineup game have to sell peanuts - in their uniforms.
(The two work-a-day Joes who don't get to vend the nuts get paid of course.)

Reactions: NOLAPensFan

KWP

Aug 18, 2018
The Nearest Gin Joint
Agree

Agree

Agree and disagree. Datsyuk is not long removed from the NHL and most of his damage was down after the lockout, but the point still stands.

Agree

Agree however I don't think I've ever seen someone on HF try to assess a player's worth with their body language. It's mainly for talking heads like Skip Bayless.

- No opinion.
- Not sure - but leaning that way.
- No F-ing way!
- W/o a doubt - and thank you for saying so.
- AYFKM
- Possibly.

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
The Fast and Furious movies are bad. I know, not hockey related, but I downloaded #6 and just had to say it.

Reactions: TJL48

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
If any team in this league managed to hire a good GM and keep him for 10 years, they'd win 5 Cups. The bar is that low.

Khomutov

Sep 22, 2015
Right now, Nikita Kucherov is a better hockey player than Connor McDavid.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Put goalie equipment on a morbidly obese man and tie him to the goal posts. He'll probably have a league average SV%. No need to dish out hefty goalie contracts. Pay more money to the players who actually skate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad