Confirmed with Link: Wes Clark leaves the Leafs for promotion with the Penguins

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I really hope Pelley and Shanahan holds a meeting with Pridham to question his loyalty to our Leafs and MLSE. If he's wanting out, then start looking for his replacement.

Clark is certainly replaceable, however Pridham might be a more difficult person to replace.

Reactions: CabanaBoy5

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Someone still had to put eyes on him and trade for him.
The trade was offered by FLA to Dubas, while he was Interim GM. It fell in his lap. Hyman was not going to sign with FLA, and likely indicated he was going to TOR.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Don't be surprised if Pridham is the next to leave. Dubas gave himself the GM title after searching candidates but I think the plan is still him remaining as President with someone else taking over the GM duties... and Pridham might just be that guy. He loves his guys and Pridham was very close to him.

If these guys think they are better served professionally as Dubas guys and not Leafs guys, they can leave. It’s not like we are walking away from a group that brought us overwhelming success.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Don't be surprised if Pridham is the next to leave. Dubas gave himself the GM title after searching candidates but I think the plan is still him remaining as President with someone else taking over the GM duties... and Pridham might just be that guy. He loves his guys and Pridham was very close to him.

He hired an eco system that he can manage his little schemes from. They just overpay each other and talk like politicians. Trust the plan. You need to trust the process. Not very long ago people would have said you cant snow the snowman and fired these cons.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
The trade was offered by FLA to Dubas, while he was Interim GM. It fell in his lap. Hyman was not going to sign with FLA, and likely indicated he was going to TOR.

To be fair to Dubas,he had a long history with Hyman including being his 'advisor' when in college (NCAA players can't have agents).

Imo it's probably only a matter of time until he wants to be a GM somewhere

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
AI come on down.
I tried having ChatGPT redraft our picks but it either kept taking players that weren't available anymore, or players that were already drafted last year. I guess the available technology is not quite there yet.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I really hope Pelley and Shanahan holds a meeting with Pridham to question his loyalty to our Leafs and MLSE. If he's wanting out, then starting looking for his replacement.

Clark is certainly replaceable, however Pridham might be a more difficult person to replace.

Pridham’s expertise is probably baked into a very elaborate spreadsheet or database with some kind of interface someone else could take over if he decides to move on. I doubt he’s taking out the abacus and crunching the numbers on scrap paper every time they talk contracts.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dont think its a surprise that him and Dubas get along.

Also what grown man in a professional setting tweets "Dawg". Not once, but multiple times :laugh:

They’re young guys building tomorrow’s old boys network… cliquey, inside groups, keep each other employed, give each other huge corporate promotions, us against the world. A true corporate bromance.

Lex Fridman is also so weird.

Last edited:

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
If these guys think they are better served professionally as Dubas guys and not Leafs guys, they can leave. It’s not like we are walking away from a group that brought us overwhelming success.

It looks like there is a high likelihood that Wes Clark will be successful with his drafts, and obviously, Pridham has been successful with what he was brought in to do.

Not sure I understand the logic around the thinking that losing guys who are good at what they do is good because the players/coaches/GM/development staff/etc are not succeeding.

You don't get rid of all employees when a company has a few bad years, there are still good employees within the company most likely.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It looks like there is a high likelihood that Wes Clark will be successful with his drafts, and obviously, Pridham has been successful with what he was brought in to do.

Not sure I understand the logic around the thinking that losing guys who are good at what they do is good because the players/coaches/GM/development staff/etc are not succeeding.

You don't get rid of all employees when a company has a few bad years, there are still good employees within the company most likely.

You can’t keep people that don’t want to be around. So best we can do is find other good people in management and scouting roles and soldier on. Always remembering that Kyle and his buddies from the Soo didn’t invent hockey, as incredible as that seems. Dubas fans can go to Pittsburgh too. That’s always an option.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
You can’t keep people that don’t want to be around. So best we can do is find other good people in management and scouting roles and soldier on. Always remembering that Kyle and his buddies from the Soo didn’t invent hockey, as incredible as that seems. Dubas fans can go to Pittsburgh too. That’s always an option.

Ya, I don't care if Wes stays, I'd rather keep someone who seems to be good at their job, but there are more people who are capable out there.

It just seems weird to reference metrics that have nothing to do with the people moving on as a reason it is good that they are moving on.

Weird last couple of sentences... was just posting out how meaningless your post was and then you ramble on with more meaningless garbage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad