Welcome to (failed) TED Talk - TED is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Humblebrag;)

Actually, I walked by there (fiesta) yesterday too. Took some pretty funny pics that I'll post here.

Our parking section has already been designated

View attachment 711144

View attachment 711145

Ha, thx for giving me shit about that (100% appropriate). Went back and forth on how to describe location but after a few mins just decided to own it.

And to both of our points... I didn't get out of my car

Reactions: Dirty Old Man

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
I'm cool with Mesa. Fiesta Mall leaves some to be desired immediately. Not much in the way of pre & post game options but that will change quickly if an arena deal is made. Get moving on a local arena deal. Make '23-'24 relevant for fans and unleash the hate and salt on the other boards.
:popcorn:

Reactions: MayDayMayDay

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Ha, thx for giving me shit about that (100% appropriate). Went back and forth on how to describe location but after a few mins just decided to own it.

And to both of our points... I didn't get out of my car
That was you in the Mercedes? Lol.

That's the beautiful thing about picking up this 10k steps a day hobby. I can walk around places like Arcadia and Paradise Valley and fit in. And I can also walk around run down shopping malls and fit in. A man of the people.

Having said that, not a lot of people around on Saturday late mornings. I probably wouldn't do that there at 2am.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Humblebrag;)

Actually, I walked by there (fiesta) yesterday too. Took some pretty funny pics that I'll post here.

Our parking section has already been designated

View attachment 711144

View attachment 711145
I drove through there yesterday early morning as well. F40 is nothing if not obsessed. It may not have the TED sizzle but it doesn’t have a landfill to fill, traffic be less of an issue and maybe no vote? Add that together and it’s a great location.

Dirty Old Man

Still processing...
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
“People won’t drive to that location” - everyone here just did for no reason. Haha.
Well, that and nostalgia. I did used to work across the street. And my first 'home' in AZ was only a mile away - I lived in the Holiday Inn at Country Club/60 for 3 weeks while I was waiting for my apartment to come available. Back when the Eyeglass World was a Black Eyed Pea restaurant (I think), and the Home Depot next to that HI was still but a field.

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019
Must say, that shit is good
@rt @LuckyNumber11

You know what else is good? Ike's. Had a Matt Cain's for lunch the other day based on the recommendations in this board, next level sandwich. I *think* I prefer Sandwich Spot because it feels less factory / more mom and pop, but like... considering the Dutch Crunch bread (identical) and the sauces used (close enough I couldn't tell a difference), the two places are clearly competitors and both are excellent. And that Matt Cain sandwich was very tasty.

Thx for the recommendation Vinny and Sinurgy, will try Cheba Hut at some point -- didn't realize it started locally (much like Salad and Go and also Angie's Lobster which is 100x better than it has any right to be given its price point).

LET'S GOOOO Fiesta Mall (or wherever they say they'd like to build). Maybe after all this is finished we'll still have a team to cheer for

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
There's not. Same old bias and regurgitating "studies" and "statistics" presented by the Coyotes to fit their narrative. Meruelo and crew are just another group of rich people trying to widen their wealth gap with zero concern for any of us. The thing that I hate most about this ongoing almost 2 decade drama is it's killed my love for the team. Was starting to get a little excited for the draft. Now I'll just check the internet to see who they picked after it's over. Every time I think there's hope to start being a diehard again, they remind me we were never going to get an owner that loved the team and state. We have to be satisfied with a businessman that suffers the team as a means to his end. Of course that's better than no team at all I guess.
It’s a bitch being a Yote fan for sure. Hard to seperate the off ice drama from the dun on the ice sometimes. At least these guys are attempting to build a solid team. Have to wonder if that continues if they don’t get the deal they want (if they ever get one) though.

Been there, done that when using the phone at work. At least I have the iPad now. Only drawback to it is my with the magic folio keyboard…. my right pinky finger keeps missing the shift key for the backslash.
I pretty much use the phone exclusively and it always acts wonky, but it’s magnified, when 20 pages behind. :laugh:

Reactions: TheLegend

TheLegend

They call me “Buzz”.
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
8 months ago I saw Weird Al Jankovic, who had a CD called 'Straight Outta Lynwood'...which is truly his hometown, and right next to Compton.

One of the clubs at my daughter‘s high school sold t-shirts with that graphic A few years ago. Would have bought one if they had my size.

There’s a website you can order them from,

GhostofTommyBolin

Aug 18, 2016
Chandler, AZ
I guess the Fiesta location is better than no NHL at all. If I go Dobson-Elliot-Alma School, I can avoid freeways and it's about 15 minutes for me.

Do I believe it'll happen? Nope. From Bettman to Meruelo on down, they're all full of shit. I don't trust any of them.

Kudos to those of you who pivoted so quickly from "TED has to pass, it's our only hope" to "Fiesta is a great location! Probably easier and better for a bunch of reasons!" Bless your hearts.

Driving near Fiesta feels like driving into a time warp back to 1985. Would the arena improve that? Nah. You can put whipped cream on a turd, but that don't make it a sundae.

You can put it smack dab in the middle of the fanbase and reap the rewards of the first season when people go just to see the new barn. After that, it's middling attendance at best unless the team is contending. Even then, it's not likely.

Baseball is wildly more popular and the D-backs spent a good portion of the season in 1st place, yet they're still averaging under 20k/game in a location that's in the supposedly ideal spot downtown, where you can get tickets for $20. In fact, you can get the summer deal they're offering for $99 total and you get something like 36 games.

Municipalities aren't lining up to say "We want the Coyotes." There's no fight over them. It's more of a "I guess we'll take them if they want to build here."

Hope they stay, but like I've said numerous times before, I'll believe it when I'm in my seat and the puck drops opening night and the game clock ticks to 19:59.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad