Pre-Game Talk: Week of being back at the infirmary (Buf, @Car, @Nsh)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Made what up?

80,000 is the number of confirmed cases and it's pretty easy to project the expected number of confirmed cases by April.

None of that us made up. Just like how it's a fact that 14% of people infected by the virus dont even show any symptoms of the virus, they're asymptomatic.
He said the likely peak is 800k cases. No idea where he got that from or how he arrived at that number

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You don’t know that. You just made that up

It can and has been modeled. Early models were predicting a peak in early May, those have been moving towards April.

‘Draconian measures’ urged as research estimates 44,000 virus cases in Wuhan

Coronavirus outbreak may be over in China by April: expert

This is what epis do, and what the numbers are saying. It doesn't fit the sensationalism that is out there, but that is the most likely outcome at this point.

The 800,000 was purely made up... saying a 10x growth from now which is in the range. Make it 100x and it is 8m... which is still a very tiny amount when you are talking globally and would still be a small portion of what the US along has for flu cases. Take a step back from the sensationalism.

Reactions: Stapler

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Military Appreciation Night... not my cup of tea having this stuff shoved down my throat for 2.5 hours while watching hockey, but I get it and just accept it.

Hopefully I don’t get the Altitude feed tonight.

That's alright, Pride Night is coming up on March 4. I'm sure you'll feel more comfortable then.

cut.jpg

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Why does it seem like every night its so easy for Drai, McDavid, and so on to put up 2 and 3 point nights but when watching the Avs it seems like Nate has the hardest time getting 1.

To clarify i dont watch the oilers much

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Why does it seem like every night its so easy for Drai, McDavid, and so on to put up 2 and 3 point nights but when watching the Avs it seems like Nate has the hardest time getting 1.

Our scoring hasn’t been great since Christmas. A rookie defenceman is our second best player

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
Our scoring hasn’t been great since Christmas. A rookie defenceman is our second best player
I agree with this. With the top line not clicking for pretty much the entire year, teams are really only keying on Nate because others aren't the biggest threat. Bura has been good lately but it's really when Nate and Mikko are firing on all cylinders together that it looks like the points come in bunches.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

Avs are starting to play much more responsible, safe, shutdown the oppositions type of games the last little while rather than the high flying offensive style the Oilers player.

Partly due to injuries, partly just preparation for playoff hockey where all that time and space in the regular season goes away completely. Funny enough I was doing exactly this a couple hours ago when picking a proline to bet on for tonights game... But if you look at the Avs last 10 games, they haven't went over the projected goals in a single one of those games.

2-1 Shootout win against LA. 1-0 win against the Ducks. 3-1 win against the Islanders. 4-3 OT loss against the Bolts. 3-1 loss against the Kings. 3-2 Loss against the Caps. 3-0 Win against the Sens. 3-2 Win against the Wild. 2-1 Win against the Jackets. 4-1 win against the Sens.

And then finally the last time an Avs game went over it's total goals in a game threshold actually came against the Sabres all the way back on February 4th when we put up 6 on them.

They're prepping for that playoff hockey grind now. Starting to really work on and fine tune the details of the defensive side of the game so that we're comfortable and know what we need to be doing come round 1 likely against Dallas when every game is going to be a 2-1 or 3-2 type of contest.

This is the time of the year when real hockey starts to get played.

*For the record for anyone who wants my bets on tonights game. I took the game going under 6.0 goals total, an Avs win by 2. I'm projecting a 3-0 or 3-1 type of score tonight for the good guys :laugh:

Reactions: Flow

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Avs are starting to play much more responsible, safe, shutdown the oppositions type of games the last little while rather than the high flying offensive style the Oilers player.

Partly due to injuries, partly just preparation for playoff hockey where all that time and space in the regular season goes away completely. Funny enough I was doing exactly this a couple hours ago when picking a proline to bet on for tonights game... But if you look at the Avs last 10 games, they haven't went over the projected goals in a single one of those games.

2-1 Shootout win against LA. 1-0 win against the Ducks. 3-1 win against the Islanders. 4-3 OT loss against the Bolts. 3-1 loss against the Kings. 3-2 Loss against the Caps. 3-0 Win against the Sens. 3-2 Win against the Wild. 2-1 Win against the Jackets. 4-1 win against the Sens.

And then finally the last time an Avs game went over it's total goals in a game threshold actually came against the Sabres all the way back on February 4th when we put up 6 on them.

They're prepping for that playoff hockey grind now. Starting to really work on and fine tune the details of the defensive side of the game so that we're comfortable and know what we need to be doing come round 1 likely against Dallas when every game is going to be a 2-1 or 3-2 type of contest.

*For the record for anyone who wants my bets on tonights game. I took the game going under 6.0 goals total, an Avs win by 2. I'm projecting a 3-0 or 3-1 type of score tonight for the good guys :laugh:

And he’s missing this guy.

upload_2020-2-26_9-42-26.gif

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

5 on 5 without looking im willing to bet Macks numbers are similar to both those guys. The separation happens with the PP. If the Avs had a mediocre PP at this point Mackinnon would be flirting with 100 points right now and Makar would be running away with the ROY. The Avs broken PP is the reason why Mackinnon isn't getting multi point games on a regular. Yes, Mackinnon is apart of that problem but the more you watch the more you begin to realize this problem is systemic. I almost wish Mackinnon and co. just go with their instinct on the PP. Throw away the trash set ups.

Reactions: mapletreemarty

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Fortunately Avs nation cares not about race, or sexuality, only devotion to the holy puck.

That’s awesome, so why can’t we just play hockey instead of needing to gimmick the game?

I’m not here clamouring for heterosexual night or anything. Just play the damn game.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Casual fans love theme nights and it is fairly well documented that they improve attendance. There is a point where they get so watered down that people tire of them, and we might be approaching that... but teams will go far past that point before they figure it out.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
That’s awesome, so why can’t we just play hockey instead of needing to gimmick the game?

I’m not here clamouring for heterosexual night or anything. Just play the damn game.

I didn’t think I’d have to say this, but heterosexual people aren’t marginalized.

I’m sure the LGBTQ+ community appreciates a professional sports organization supporting them in the community.

Props to the Avalanche, in my opinion.

RockyMtnRedhawk

Feb 25, 2014
Denver
Casual fans love theme nights and it is fairly well documented that they improve attendance. There is a point where they get so watered down that people tire of them, and we might be approaching that... but teams will go far past that point before they figure it out.

Casual fans annoy me. They also like doing the wave.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
I didn’t think I’d have to say this, but heterosexual people aren’t marginalized.

I’m sure the LGBTQ+ community appreciates a professional sports organization supporting them in the community.

Props to the Avalanche, in my opinion.

People who use the "I'm not asking for a Heterosexual Parade" kind of line usually are closet homophobes and insecure in their own skin. Kind of sad people are this closeminded in 2020.

Mad props, in my opinion, to the team as well. We need more of this kind of thing. Too long gay people have had to hide away who they are in locker rooms for fear of being ostracized and bullied. Showing that should not be the case and people actually care about other people is important.

Drop the bobblehead nights. Talk shit about Star Wars night. Get upset about any other theme night. Ones addressing real issues and helping bring diversity to the game are important.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
People who use the "I'm not asking for a Heterosexual Parade" kind of line usually are closet homophobes and insecure in their own skin. Kind of sad people are this closeminded in 2020.

Mad props, in my opinion, to the team as well. We need more of this kind of thing. Too long gay people have had to hide away who they are in locker rooms for fear of being ostracized and bullied. Showing that should not be the case and people actually care about other people is important.

Drop the bobblehead nights. Talk shit about Star Wars night. Get upset about any other theme night. Ones addressing real issues and helping bring diversity to the game are important.

I don’t want to denigrate anybody, or make any assumptions.

I’ve really enjoyed talking Avs with everyone on this board since I joined and I just think it’s important all posters know that they’re welcome here. Social issues are important and if a post is made about them that might be seen as inappropriate, it deserves a response.

For the most part from what I see, aside from the rage we all unleash in GDT’s, this board is very respectful of one another. It’s pretty much always hockey talk and a lot of fun.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
Just get rid of Grateful Dead Night. During the Summers when I worked at CU and they had Dead and Friends concerts there was an influx of hippies and they trashed the entire campus. I now hate hippies, but I especially hate Grateful Dead fans.

Reactions: McMetal

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

Our scoring dried up the nano second Kadri went down, and every center on the team besides Mack had to step out of their league.

There is no getting MacK free anymore. Everyone else is barely hanging on.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I don’t want to denigrate anybody, or make any assumptions.

I’ve really enjoyed talking Avs with everyone on this board since I joined and I just think it’s important all posters know that they’re welcome here. Social issues are important and if a post is made about them that might be seen as inappropriate, it deserves a response.

For the most part from what I see, aside from the rage we all unleash in GDT’s, this board is very respectful of one another. It’s pretty much always hockey talk and a lot of fun.
Shut up

Reactions: Bill Peckerskull

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad