Pre-Game Talk: Week of being back at the infirmary (Buf, @Car, @Nsh)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Yeah I do... people freak out over little things. The overall death rate is around 2% right now in a less developed health care system. It is going to go down simply because it will reach better health care systems. Then doctors are learning how to treat it. On top of that, most of the symptoms are very mild and similar to a cold... most people don’t go get tested for this when they just have a cold. The overall death rate is projecting below 1% once the data all comes in, but even sticking with the over 2%... SARS was 11 and MERS was 35. I’m not saying don’t take precautions, but the risk is smaller than the flu.

I’m concerned because I’ve done a bit of research, and it’s not as simple as you make it seem.

Health officials expect coronavirus to spread worldwide

Epidemiologist at Harvard expects the worst

Harvard scientist predicts coronavirus will infect up to 70 percent of humanity

1-2% mortality is huge if tens of millions end up infected. The epidemiologist from Harvard is expecting billions. Scary to think about.

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I’m concerned because I’ve done a bit of research, and it’s not as simple as you make it seem.

Health officials expect coronavirus to spread worldwide

Epidemiologist at Harvard expects the worst

Harvard scientist predicts coronavirus will infect up to 70 percent of humanity

1-2% mortality is huge if tens of millions end up infected. The epidemiologist from Harvard is expecting billions. Scary to think about.
Did you read the Harvard article? Basically saying symptoms are so mild that people will just give up caring about it and that it will just be a cold (also a metric ton of coronaviruses... you’ve had versions of them before). Let’s revisit in six months, I think you’ll see this was way overhyped.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Did you read the Harvard article? Basically saying symptoms are so mild that people will just give up caring about it and that it will just be a cold (also a metric ton of coronaviruses... you’ve had versions of them before). Let’s revisit in six months, I think you’ll see this was way overhyped.
It says symptoms are mild for some people, and that’s exactly why it’s so dangerous lol

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan

I hope you are right, but I worry more about the healthcare system. We get our vaccinations. When something can hit every demographic at once other issues will come into play to put it simply.

The ERs are already overwhelmed.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Looking at the schedule, this was probably the best time to be hit so hard by injuries.

The schedule is not very difficult over the next 14/15 games.

If we get Naz/Mikko back for the final 5/6 games of the season that would be ideal. That’s when we face tougher opponents.

Reactions: ETTHAKING67

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
I hope you are right, but I worry more about the healthcare system. We get our vaccinations. When something can hit every demographic at once other issues will come into play to put it simply.

The ERs are already overwhelmed.

There are ~80,000 cases worldwide right now... say that number jumps to 800,000 by April (likely the peak). We are talking about a very, very small impact. ~35m people get the flu every year in the US alone (some years we escape in the 20). Even if the US gets 1m cases of covid 19 this year, it is less than 3% of the impact of flu. In the 17-18 flu season we had 45m cases of flu. Even if the US number jumps to 5m, we are still talking about a small percentage compared to flu. This is something to watch and to figure out how to treat, but the deadliness of it is really overstated. If people were dying at a rate of 5+% it would be a significant worry, but it is 2% and that number is very likely to be a lot lower. It is going to be like a flu that impacts far less people. You watch it, be careful, but go on about your life.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I didn’t mind moving Soda. The return could have been better. But yeah, the Avs would probably be slightly better if they still had him in the fold.

Sakic made a concerted effort to move out players who let the team down in the postseason and Kerfoot and Soda were at the top of the list.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I didn’t mind moving Soda. The return could have been better. But yeah, the Avs would probably be slightly better if they still had him in the fold.

Sakic made a concerted effort to move out players who let the team down in the postseason and Kerfoot and Soda were at the top of the list.

True. He got rid of players who didn't show up for the playoffs. Probably good long-term plan.

ETTHAKING67

Feb 12, 2019
Can't be the much worse than Dries playing 5 minutes of icetime against buffalo. I bet the majority of the 4th line shifts Mack double shifts anyways.

Yep, if our 12th F is playing 5 minutes a night might as well play Barbs and give him ice time so we will be fine if we need him by the end of the year.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Military Appreciation Night... not my cup of tea having this stuff shoved down my throat for 2.5 hours while watching hockey, but I get it and just accept it.

Hopefully I don’t get the Altitude feed tonight.

Didn’t we just appreciate the Air Force or something

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Military Appreciation Night... not my cup of tea having this stuff shoved down my throat for 2.5 hours while watching hockey, but I get it and just accept it.

Hopefully I don’t get the Altitude feed tonight.

My favorite part is when they give a house to a supply clerk that got injured in an accident in the states.

Here is some inside info. Most of the soldiers that have to go and get the camera put on them are voluntold. No one wears their uniform outside of work unless they are forced.

One you don't want the attention, and two you most likely already spent 12 hours in the thing.

The family reuniting thing is amusing.

The Jerseys are hideous, and look like cheap knock offs too.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
You don’t know that. You just made that up

Made what up?

80,000 is the number of confirmed cases and it's pretty easy to project the expected number of confirmed cases by April.

None of that us made up. Just like how it's a fact that 14% of people infected by the virus dont even show any symptoms of the virus, they're asymptomatic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad