We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I had them winning the Cup this season.

I still think they will make a run and clinch a playoff berth, but I'm not sure they will even win a round if they even make it.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Can someone explain this graph? Having trouble understanding how to read it. Im a habs fan and i dont know if that means Price is the best, the worst, or right smack in the middle.

Ps - it is getting worrisome for Tampa. They should still make playoffs fine but at some point you expext them to distance themselves a bit from the pack and it doesnt seem to be happening yet.
That’s just team shot rates over the last 25 games. Tampa has been drastically improving, but they’re still losing games. Vasilevskiy has poor numbers.

GMs need some sort of D.A.R.E. program about not paying goalies. The list of goalies who post good numbers consistently is short.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
They began a slump when they got swept by the CBJ in the playoffs. They're still in it.

Stamkos is the anti "gamer", they're a soft group coached by a soft man and their window is now closed. They had their run and they weren't good enough to get to the top of the mountain.

And Vasilevskiy is way overrated.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Just make it in? I assume you mean just make it in not as a wild card team

Oh yeah, I meant if things hold the #2-3 spots in the Atlantic will have an easier (going by points) matchup against each other than the top spot (Boston) against a Metro wildcard.

Boston also realizes this and is currently trying to slump their way out of this predicament.

Last edited:

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
I have to think Tampa will turn it on at some point and make it in, fat chance they don't. They could miss, sure, but of all the teams around them I think they are the least worried about that. If they missed that would be one of the biggest surprises of the last couple years.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I think too many people think this is a great team that is coasting when its more likely this is a team with serious psychologically damage done to it. As a Caps fan I know what that looks like.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
If the standings were based on point %, the “what’s wrong with Tampa narrative would be a lot quieter”

Not really, this thread isn't just to compare them to other teams in the playoff hunt but to themselves this time last season with mostly the same star players and coach.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Yes, Boston is currently ****ting the bed,I' expect them to eventully stop ****ting the bed.

I don't want them to stop sucking but I think they will

Who knows, maybe they will not be so strong again, maybe other teams have figured them out, they are a one-line team, just like the Habs, that's not going to cut it forever.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
I have to think Tampa will turn it on at some point and make it in, fat chance they don't. They could miss, sure, but of all the teams around them I think they are the least worried about that. If they missed that would be one of the biggest surprises of the last couple years.

Well I think the biggest surprise regarding the Bolts was what happened to them in the playoffs just 8 months ago. Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad if the Jackets actually did something with that series victory and push to the finals but they lost in 6 next round.

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
We just played them 3 times in about two weeks and it looks like they are barely trying. I think they iced the puck 20 times in the first period last night. Lucky for them the Atlantic is a trash fire and winning their games in hand will put them top 3 in the Atlantic and maybe even 2nd. I doubt they are worried.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
:laugh: Oh they are, are they? The Leafs are a hair away from being on the outside looking in after a 4 game win streak but OP couldn't resist taking a shot at the Lightning. What about the Panthers, Buffalo and Montreal all breathing down their necks?

Unfortunately the Leafs can't play Detroit every night.

The Leafs have won 6 out of their last 7 including a win against the Blues outscoring their opponents 28-11 in those 6 wins with 4 of those wins on the road. All of their lines and now both goalies are clicking. The Wings were only one of those wins, smart@$$.

Last edited:

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Tampa just needs to make it in and they will play one of Toronto / Buffalo / Florida / Montreal in the first round while Boston will get one of Pittsburgh / Carolina / Philadelphia / Islanders.

Everything is going according to plan.

Oh really, last playoffs they played a team that ended the season with 30 points less than them and had never won a playoff game, that plan didn't go as expected, did it? If the Bolts are intentionally playing stinker games, then that's is so wrong and unfair to the fans who pay their hard-earned money and time to go to their games.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
Oh really last playoffs, they played a team that ended the season with 30 points less than them and had never won a playoff game, that plan didn't go as expected. If the Bolts are intentionally playing stinker games, then that's is so wrong and unfair to the fans who pay their hard-earned money and time to go to their games.

Dont take everything so literally. No one is intentionally throwing games.

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Dont take everything so literally. No one is intentionally throwing games.

When you say "everything is going to plan" and earlier you stated that they will play one of those bubble teams, I and I'm sure everybody else gets the hint of what that plan is. It will backfire on them, cause what happened to the Blues last season only happened because it wasn't planned.

tenken00

Jan 29, 2010
When you say "everything is going to plan" and earlier you stated that they will play one of those bubble teams, I and I'm sure everybody else gets the hint of what that plan is.

Is joke. No one seriously thinks that teams are doing this.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Good team and good coach but coach has likely hit the end of the road, time to get a new voice.

Reactions: Chips

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They’ve got the goaltending quality that a newborn toddler could offer, so once that gets fixed they’ll be a cup contender again

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Ive defended Cooper saying any coach loses the room eventually... but pulling your goalie with almost three minutes left *on a power play, only down 2-1* seemed incredibly stupid. Huge brain fart, or is he feeling the pressure?

*with a top Powerplay, and against a top pk who can ice the puck at your net, or control skate out.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
:laugh: Oh they are, are they? The Leafs are a hair away from being on the outside looking in after a 4 game win streak but OP couldn't resist taking a shot at the Lightning. What about the Panthers, Buffalo and Montreal all breathing down their necks?

Unfortunately the Leafs can't play Detroit every night.

First off I think I have mentioned the Leafs twice this thread this post being the 2nd time, this thread isn't about them or anybody else it's about Tampa.

Second what shots? all I have done is present the facts, that's not taking shots that's not how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad