We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
They will finish 2nd in the division.

Florida, Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal will fight for 3rd and one playoff spot between them as the two wild cards will likely come from the strong Metro.

I don't know, the way Toronto has played since Keefe was hired they could catch a wildcard spot.

But I think they finish top 3 in the Atlantic

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
The clock is ticking on them. I keep saying "They'll eventually pick it up", but the season's almost halfway over and I still find myself saying it. They need to do something ASAP (I'd fire Cooper).

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Thank you haha, was too lazy to do all that quoting.

But yes, they need to win the next two games in order to be 2nd.

But Tampa winning their next 2 games isn't enough Toronto has to lose their next 2 in regulation as well.

While Carolina does make me nervous, NJ does not especially now that Hall is gone.

The Rangers don't make me all that nervous either.

The only thing that makes me slightly nervous about the NJ game is it's likely a Hutchinson game and last night aside he's been garbage.

But again no Taylor Hall.

I am nervous about tomorrow though.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
But Tampa winning their next 2 games isn't enough Toronto has to lose their next 2 in regulation as well.

While Carolina does make me nervous, NJ does not especially now that Hall is gone.

The Rangers don't make me all that nervous either.

The only thing that makes me slightly nervous about the NJ game is it's likely a Hutchinson game and last night aside he's been garbage.

But again no Taylor Hall.

I am nervous about tomorrow though.

Tampa Bay has three games at hand though, so that's not necessarily true. They still haven't played Detroit either.

Big stretch of games against divisional opponents coming up, that will be telling. I think the team has actually been playing well lately, but have been let down by poor goaltending and then ran into a tough opponent in Washington.

Reactions: Hint1k and Dache

PhysicalGraffiti

Bolts STM
Jul 26, 2007
NY to TB
And you’ve got St Petes nearby which is beautiful but Ft Lauderdale had the waterways and spring break...

Absolutely. The state has a lot to offer. I left New York many years ago and feel it's very important to discuss the various cities in my new home state. OP is doing good work here. Hoping next week maybe he'll talk Jacksonville or even Pensacola.

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
Reminds me of the 97 wings

Tear up the league in 96 but get swept in the finals. Yeah obviously Tampa got swept in the first round so it's not the same, but I think there are parallels

Tampa is currently sleepwalking thru this season. They just want another shot at the playoffs. Nobody expects them to do shit anymore, so of course this will be the year they go to the finals and win the cup

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
TB is 16th overall and 9th in the East in Points% aka win%.

They are right behind FLA and TOR and right ahead of MTL and BUF.

While they've had a poor start they by any means in trouble.
Disagree but only slightly.

I would say they’re in trouble, based on expectations and whatnot.

I would also say that, based on expectations and whatnot, they’re more likely to bail out of trouble than most teams. I felt it about my team. It’s no reason to worry, but, like, they’re not safe yet. Anything could happen.

Reactions: Flukeshot
Oct 18, 2011
Because this is wild to me, this team went from winning 62 games to being 3 points out of 3rd in the Atlantic 7 back of the wildcard and now face what is basically a MUST win on Monday against Florida.

What's wrong with Tampa?
Let me ask you something

If you had the record they did last year, and then lost in the first round, how much would you care about the regular season? They will do enough to make the playoffs, OR they were broken by it, Both are possible.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Let me ask you something

If you had the record they did last year, and then lost in the first round, how much would you care about the regular season? They will do enough to make the playoffs, OR they were broken by it, Both are possible.

Well I'd want a shot to make it right.

You don't get to make it right if you don't make the playoffs.

They need to pick it up.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Now that Toronto has won that game against Florida is HUGE

They lose that they are 5 back of Florida, 6 back of Toronto.

That would be a hard climb out of that hole

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
:laugh: Oh they are, are they? The Leafs are a hair away from being on the outside looking in after a 4 game win streak but OP couldn't resist taking a shot at the Lightning. What about the Panthers, Buffalo and Montreal all breathing down their necks?

Unfortunately the Leafs can't play Detroit every night.

Yes they are actually, today's win as ugly as it was ensures that.

Ajaton Azer

A small hamster
Dec 5, 2005
Spandex
I think that my Tampa Bay Lightning "Bolts" have no reason to be afraid as of yet. There is certainly enough skill and determination to push through to playing offs even though there's been some bad outings lately, and when you reach the playing offs, only the sky is limit with roster thusly talented!

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Leafs sure got lucky stamoks staying in Tampa . He's an awful captain it's showing now.
Tavares:

2zo1ki.jpg

Reactions: Chompchompr

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Yeah I think tonight shows Tampa will be fine. When they want to, they can crank it up another notch or two. Of course, it also helps that the Panthers didn't show up for the first period.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Yeah I think tonight shows Tampa will be fine. When they want to, they can crank it up another notch or two. Of course, it also helps that the Panthers didn't show up for the first period.

Does it? It's a big win but they need a run and they have yet to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad