We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
At minimum assume 1 point per game, that would be an 82 point year.
Probably Boston, Tampa and Florida the 5 Metro teams make it.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
But by going as the standings are you’re assuming they lose all the games in hand?

No but I am not going to grant them wins like a genie just because they have played a couple less games.

Especially since they have shown ZERO consistentcy this year

They have A LOT to prove

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Comfortably in the playoffs within 2 points of falling out

Actually they are 3 points ahead of 4th in their division and with neither Tampa,Florida or Montreal playing Ftoday they have a chance to put some real distance between themselves and the pack.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
No but I am not going to grant them wins like a genie just because they have played a couple less games.

Especially since they have shown ZERO consistentcy this year

They have A LOT to prove
I get not granting them wins, but you know they won’t end the season playing less games, so your way is granting them losses like a jerk genie. The most realistic way would be to use points percentage. But for some reason you refuse to acknowledge this because it would put the lightning higher than you’d like to admit.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I get not granting them wins, but you know they won’t end the season playing less games, so your way is granting them losses like a jerk genie. The most realistic way would be to use points percentage. But for some reason you refuse to acknowledge this because it would put the lightning higher than you’d like to admit.

If the NHL used point% I would but that's not how it t works

HF007

Sep 9, 2008
Wouldn’t be surprised to see them turn on the jets going forward

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I mean this is more or less the same roster that tied the NHL record for most wins in a regular season, so I'd say they have shown the ability to do so.
yup it would not be suprising at all if they started winning like crazy they didnt lose anyone important. (miller but he was moved all over that limeup because they didnt know what to do with him )

maybe fire the coach or something but its a team that can dominate the regular season if its interested.

jibbz

Mar 9, 2019
They have shown no ability to do that so far

Not to you maybe because you're just result watching. I on the other hand have watched 20 games this season so far and they have been the better team in every single one of those, including games against BOS, WAS, NYI. They lost 8 of those though because Vasi/McElhinney played like shit and conceded loads of weak goals.

The fact they're still on pace to make the playoffs despite their goalkeepers playing as badly as they possibly could should tell you enough about this team's quality.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
Post 2019 playoff failure hangover

They are stacked so not sure how they're this mediocre

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
They have shown no ability to do that so far

Except win a shit ton of regular season games the last few years with basically the same roster and is the same core group of players. I mean have you just not paid attention to the story of the Tampa bay lightning the last few years? I thought you were an avid user on here. I feel like people who are on here a lot and frequent main boards could probably sum up at least a little bit about each team. Most likely would be able to with the best teams in the league. Either you just dont pay attention or this is a hopeful post coming from a Leafs fan with a touch of insecurity.

Reactions: chuckfinks

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
They forgot they have to work hard.

Who knows, maybe they’re trying to get Coop fired.

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Playoffstatus.com says they've played the hardest schedule to date and have the easiest remaining schedule left, based on the winning percentages of those played versus those remaining. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Maybe they've learned that winning the President's Trophy is pointless and aren't giving 100% knowing all they need to do is qualify. I don't watch them often so I don't know why they are "underperforming". But with that lineup, and only 1 win away from 3rd place in their conference, I feel pretty certain they'll be there come playoff time.

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
They're not too far behind, their schedule gets "easier" from here on. Tampa Bay still has the talent to make any team feel like Reggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad