We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
If this is the Vash we see for the rest of his career then they just made a colossal error with that contract.

In saying that, no team should want to draw them in the playoffs.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
People are making way too much of a fuss about this. Boston, Toronto and Tampa are still easily the best 3 teams in that division, and the points percentage bears that out right now despite Tampa and Toronto's early season struggles.

Reactions: Sila v Kucherove

razor8

Nov 28, 2017
We have one of if not the largest D corps in the league

Large doesn't necessarily mean tough. Big players can be soft. Just pointing that out. Don't know enough about Tampas players to say for sure.

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Large doesn't necessarily mean tough. Big players can be soft. Just pointing that out. Don't know enough about Tampas players to say for sure.
6th in hits last year
NHL.com Stats

also the poster I replied to specified size, saying we are one of the smallest teams which is categorically false.
Sizing up the NHL: 2019-20 NHL teams by age, height, weight...

it’s just there’s so many ignorant HF posters trying to find a narrative to fit their biases on why Tampa actually sucks and their team is way better even though most posters here would kill to have Tampa’s success over the last ~5 years since only 4 teams can say they have clearly been better by winning a cup

Last edited:

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Good thing Toronto is safe in that second spot amirite?!?

Well it's not on the line tonight but 3rd could be.
I wouuldn't call them safe but they do have at least a minimum of a 4 point spread on all of Tampa, Florida, Buffalo, and Montreal so I would call them comfortable in terms of 2nd right now, they aren't safe but they do have a coushion.

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
Last edited by a moderator:

North Country

Oct 24, 2012
6th in hits last year
NHL.com Stats

also the poster I replied to specified size, saying we are one of the smallest teams which is categorically false.
Sizing up the NHL: 2019-20 NHL teams by age, height, weight...

it’s just there’s so many ignorant HF posters trying to find a narrative to fit their biases on why Tampa actually sucks and their team is way better even though most posters here would kill to have Tampa’s success over the last ~5 years since only 4 teams can say they have clearly been better by winning a cup
I guess a person is “ignorant” if they notice Tampa has a few too many undersized forwards and teams prevail when they get after them physically.
Word is out

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
Not gonna lie, I think I lost some braincells reading through all this.

Once Vas pulls his head out of his ass (and all we need is average goaltending), Tampa will be back at being one of the top teams in the league.
And it looks like the thread starter has gone quiet after losing 1 point to the Rangers.
Leafs have 5 points more than Tampa, with 4 more games played though. We are coming, bitch!

Nick Hansen

Sep 28, 2017
I wonder how these things work like. We saw the Capitals do a bit of the same thing, going from winning the league in an impressive manner to kind of just making sure they are making the PO's. Do they sit down and take a collective decision before the season to make this move or what is it? Does the coach change his strategy? Is it an unspoken thing that the leading players just 'feel'? Or is it just a coincedence?

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
They're going to win the division imo
It's the last thing bolts need this season. It's just a distraction from the main event. Toronto is the team who would really benefit from winning the division. Would be a huge moral bust for your team in playoff.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
It's the last thing bolts need this season. It's just a distraction from the main event. Toronto is the team who would really benefit from winning the division. Would be a huge moral bust for your team in playoff.

I'd love to see a Toronto Tampa first round series. Or a Boston Tampa first round series.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
It's the last thing bolts need this season. It's just a distraction from the main event. Toronto is the team who would really benefit from winning the division. Would be a huge moral bust for you before playoff.
I agree Toronto would benefit more (and hopefully we do it, we definitely have the ability to), but I don't think it'd be a huge distraction for the Bolts. No one cares about what they do in the regular season anymore, kind of like the Caps before they won the cup. Them getting first would just be them playing to their potential after a slow start

If they win both games in hand they're only 3 points behind the B's. It's definitely a possibility they get it done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad