We need to talk about Tampa

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
Man People never learn. This is exactly what they need, face some adversity now and peak once the playoffs begin. They’re still a top contender this year.

Reactions: Tofveve

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
That spirit-crushing comeback and then stomping by Columbus in the first round was one of the most profoundly deep-cutting defeats I've ever seen.

That said, as others have written, I'd be surprised if they miss the playoffs and wouldn't be surprised if they returned to a stronger form than last regular season when they do work out their ongoing malady.

Dread Clawz

LAWSonic Boom
Nov 25, 2006
Pennsylvania
Well I think the biggest surprise regarding the Bolts was what happened to them in the playoffs just 8 months ago. Maybe it wouldn't have been as bad if the Jackets actually did something with that series victory and push to the finals but they lost in 6 next round.

If they miss the playoffs the next year it would be a bigger surprise

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
Calgary has suffered a similar flip-flop from placing second in the league last regular season to getting crushed by Colorado, to where they sit now barely in a 2nd wildcard spot.

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
As a TB fan I have given up caring about the regular season. The season is not halfway over and the team is only slightly out of a playoff spot with some games still in hand. Still lots of time to get it together and make the playoffs, then the real season starts.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Lol. There are no must win games in December. The hyperbole is absolutely ridiculous.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well Tampa has a good opportunity to make a statement in their division.
These are their next 6 games

I know some people really want it to be a mental thing but its not, the issue with this season has been goaltending and coaching.
This is Coopers 7th full season as head coach. Time for a new voice.
There have been games where they turn it on and just dominate like they did against Dallas, but this year the goal tending has been sub par which is costing them games.
62ktRKO.png

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Haven't caught many Lightning games this season. Do they look like a team that's tuned Cooper out?
Yes and no. Some games they give a great effort then follow it up with a stinker. I also think Cooper might be over coaching them instead of letting the teams talent shine.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Well Tampa has a good opportunity to make a statement in their division.
These are their next 6 games

I know some people really want it to be a mental thing but its not, the issue with this season has been goaltending and coaching.
This is Coopers 7th full season as head coach. Time for a new voice.
There have been games where they turn it on and just dominate like they did against Dallas, but this year the goal tending has been sub par which is costing them games.
62ktRKO.png

That Florida game tomorrow is HUGE if they lose that and fall 5 back of Florida it's going to be a long hard climb out of that hole.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
They began a slump when they got swept by the CBJ in the playoffs. They're still in it.

Stamkos is the anti "gamer", they're a soft group coached by a soft man and their window is now closed. They had their run and they weren't good enough to get to the top of the mountain.

And Vasilevskiy is way overrated.
Lol

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
That Florida game tomorrow is HUGE if they lose that and fall 5 back of Florida it's going to be a long hard climb out of that hole.
The one thing about Tampa so far this year is that they seem to be showing up for divisional games. They are something like 10-2 against divisional opponents this year.

Reactions: Hint1k

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Because this is wild to me, this team went from winning 62 games to being 3 points out of 3rd in the Atlantic 7 back of the wildcard and now face what is basically a MUST win on Monday against Florida.

What's wrong with Tampa?
They will sweep the Leafs in 4 and you'll blame backup goaltending.

Benjo

Mar 25, 2009
I'm a Canucks fan and I can't help but wonder if they're missing JT Miller? Terrific two way player that wins a lot of board battles and causes turnovers and disrupts breakouts.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I know you must be upset that your best players jumped ship after the greatest moment in jackets history but thats no reason to talk nonsense
What was that greatest moment? Can't seem to recall it. Fill me in if you will.

Thank you in advance.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
It's a beautiful town, lots to do, but traffic is a problem like most major or larger metropolitan cities.

Some good, some bad. But I agree with the OP. I've been wanting to talk about Tampa for a while. City doesn't get enough credit.
And you’ve got St Petes nearby which is beautiful but Ft Lauderdale had the waterways and spring break...

RMimagery

Jul 22, 2006
They will finish 2nd in the division.

Florida, Buffalo, Toronto and Montreal will fight for 3rd and one playoff spot between them as the two wild cards will likely come from the strong Metro.

Whodoyouthinkyousee

Dec 27, 2015
Yeah, I can't just see Tampa missing playoffs. They are struggling now, but the season is so long and it's not even half way yet. Of course anything is possible in nhl, but man you just know that they have enough talent and gas in the tank to do whats necessary. Playoffs are a different animal but in the long trip of 82 games, they are just too good to miss.

Vasilevskiy is not gonna be that bad too long. And while he is not the lord and saviour everyone made him out to be last few years, he is still very good. And like Bobrovskiy, he too will pick his game up and be good enough. It would be foolish to think otherwise.

Althought it's really fun to see time and time again that nothing is granted in this league. Toronto and Tampa are both seeing it right now, even though they both have tremendous top end talent and are propably in eventually when it matters. Even though I think Boston is too much for both in the playoffs, if they were to ever face each other. Yeah now i'm wandering. Time to stop.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
TB is 16th overall and 9th in the East in Points% aka win%.

They are right behind FLA and TOR and right ahead of MTL and BUF.

While they've had a poor start they by any means in trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad