Salary Cap: We are looking for nuclear Kessels. And whales. Beam me up, Scotty Bowman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

penguins2946*

I think people are inferring more than they should .. but its the inclusion of Gary Roberts that is setting it on fire, not that he is returning to Toronto.

If he was returning to Toronto to work out with some random trainer, no one here would be making a huge deal about it .. me thinks.

Idk, I think people are just reading into it more than they should. He's working out with Roberts because Roberts is the best in the business. He's working out in Toronto because he lives in Toronto. That's it, there's probably nothing more than that.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Idk, I think people are just reading into it more than they should. He's working out with Roberts because Roberts is the best in the business. He's working out in Toronto because he lives in Toronto. That's it, there's probably nothing more than that.

I agree entirely. Like Waffle just said .. its just funny given the circumstances regarding the rumours of Kessel and the Pens.

Sideline

May 23, 2004
chances that Kessel, or anyone associated with Kessel, leaked anything to Dreger is approximately 0.

I'm not sure what the Dreger thing is getting at, but I'm thinking it's coming from the Leafs.

Maybe pre-spinning Kessel as a new man if they can't move him this summer?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Haven't seen this mentioned yet, but some pending UFA news:

Not such a loss on Downie, imo. He was more trouble than his worth, with respect to his penalties.

Sad to see Lapierre go. He was awesome in the playoffs .. one of the few guys who seemed to show some heart. But, his skillset is hardly irreplaceable.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

also, http://player.toronto.tsn.ca/ lotsa kessel talk on TSN

"Game of chicken will end. Either TOR or the "teams" looking for Kessel will come crashing down eventually." "Taking advantage of the young new GMs, Dubas,"

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

"Game of chicken will end. Either TOR or the "teams" looking for Kessel will come crashing down eventually." "Taking advantage of the young new GMs, Dubas,"

Simmons is such a jerk. Compares Kessel to some piece of junk at a garage sale.

It's your fault he's seen that way, smartass.

Edit: acknowledges that Maatta was always a pipedream

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
And even though Roberts runs our new place, he still runs that one too.

It's a weird tweet. Maybe just to say he's gonna try to be less chubby?

5a.jpg

Who you callin' chubby?! :laugh:

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I can't wait to hear the Toronto media's spin when Kessel is in Pgh (or wherever he lands) and puts up 85/90/100 point seasons and challenges for the Rocket for the next 7 years.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Simmons is such a jerk. Compares Kessel to some piece of junk at a garage sale.

It's your fault he's seen that way, smartass.

I dont mean for this to be confrontational at all but why is it his fault? If people are going to be stupid enough to just lap up what Simmons says at face value, thats their problem no?

I think he is a crappy writer and anything he says is taken with a huge grain of salt. I have a very different view of Kessel than he does. Why? Cause I can see him play. I have watched him.

I couldnt care less if Simmonds says he sucks. I choose to not believe it and instead, have made my own decision about him. If people choose to just blindly take his columns as gospel, is that really his fault?

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Do people that survive testicular cancer have hormonal issues? Could that be part of the cause of his chubbiness? Also, if someone has a testicle removed would they be required to inject testosterone? And would a professional athlete be allowed to do so based on a doctor's prescription?

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

Lapierre was great in the playoffs...but I would just flat out rather have Sundqvist and see how he does. I don't think the "dip" in production would hurt :laugh:

Downie...love what he brought...hated the labeling and the baggage. Sorry dude...we need to move on. Can't have that kind of a target on the team. Which to be honest speaks more about the f-ing referees than Downie. Shameful that teams won't sign him because of that fear.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I dont mean for this to be confrontational at all but why is it his fault? If people are going to be stupid enough to just lap up what Simmons says at face value, thats their problem no?

I think he is a crappy writer and anything he says is taken with a huge grain of salt. I have a very different view of Kessel than he does. Why? Cause I can see him play. I have watched him.

I couldnt care less if Simmonds says he sucks. I choose to not believe it and instead, have made my own decision about him. If people choose to just blindly take his columns as gospel, is that really his fault?

That's like giving Bernie Madoff as pass for duping all those people out of their money. It's not his fault they all didn't recognize a pyramid scheme.

It can be both parties fault, like in this case. It's the person's fault for not doing their own research to form their own opinion, but it's also Simmons' fault for being a ****ty media personality.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Not such a loss on Downie, imo. He was more trouble than his worth, with respect to his penalties.

Sad to see Lapierre go. He was awesome in the playoffs .. one of the few guys who seemed to show some heart
. But, his skillset is hardly irreplaceable.

This.

Wouldn't mind him... but with Spaling and Sutter here it doesn't make a lot of sense.

All things considered, I was hoping when the Pens start trolling Lapierre is the guy I want to see trolling.

Makes sense with who and what they have. He'd still be worth having as that 3rd guy on the 4th.

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC

This is a bizarre argument. Essentially you're saying, "If a paid member of the media decides to spew libel about a certain player, in full contrast with said player's actual performance, isn't it the public's fault for believing him?"

I know any intelligent person shouldn't believe 100% of what they hear/read in the media, but isn't the heart of the problem really the idiots that call themselves "journalists?'

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I don't care how chubby Kessel is. Better to have a little extra weight for the opposition to bounce off of than to be scrawny in my opinion :laugh:

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012

Public opinion matters. Media persons like Simmons have a lot of control over public opinion.

If Simmons and five others like him spend six years painting an athlete as a terrible human being, that reputation will stick, true or not.

djt153

Dec 26, 2003
Lapierre was great in the playoffs...but I would just flat out rather have Sundqvist and see how he does. I don't think the "dip" in production would hurt :laugh:

Downie...love what he brought...hated the labeling and the baggage. Sorry dude...we need to move on. Can't have that kind of a target on the team. Which to be honest speaks more about the f-ing referees than Downie. Shameful that teams won't sign him because of that fear.

just dont see a path forward for this organization if it continually relies on guys like lapierre instead of having better, faster, cheaper, younger internal options. he did step up his game nicely in the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad