Salary Cap: We are looking for nuclear Kessels. And whales. Beam me up, Scotty Bowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014

Ek mentioned it on his show. TOR going out of their way to use the media to float their agenda.

LOL.

Last edited:

MrWilson*

IDK, not seeing much out there really. Ward is actually too old. Plays younger than he is.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
So Kessel is traded, then returns to Toronto in July to work with former Penguin Gary Roberts.

That's how I am reading that.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Mike Augello: "Fans in TOR ready to jump off the CN tower right now. TOR keeps promising a rebuild, and then start backtracking? This is spin for sure."

Talking about Kessel on Ek's daily show. Fun stuff.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
So Kessel is traded, then returns to Toronto in July to work with former Penguin Gary Roberts.

That's how I am reading that.

The same Roberts that's the head of the Penguins new facility in Cranberry and frequently watches games with Lemieux in his box.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013

MrWilson*

geez, my bad, thought the guy had a great playoffs. Didn't realize he was ancient. Amazing what effort can do. I guess I'm hoping for that from this Penguins team. Now THAT's a stretch.

penguins2946*

I'm really having trouble drawing any conclusions from that tweet. All that shows is that instead of relaxing in Florida, he's going to be working out more this summer. Being in Toronto is a meaningless addition, he lives there as of right now.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Kessel should force the trade and only waive for Pittsburgh :lol: Iginla style. Here Shanny, let me introduce Kunitz, Scuderi, and Ben Lovejoy.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
I'm really having trouble drawing any conclusions from that tweet. All that shows is that instead of relaxing in Florida, he's going to be working out more this summer. Being in Toronto is a meaningless addition, he lives there as of right now.

I think people are inferring more than they should .. but its the inclusion of Gary Roberts that is setting it on fire, not that he is returning to Toronto.

If he was returning to Toronto to work out with some random trainer, no one here would be making a huge deal about it .. me thinks.

MrWilson*

I haven't looked but who is available next year around the league as an FA?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
And even though Roberts runs our new place, he still runs that one too.

It's a weird tweet. Maybe just to say he's gonna try to be less chubby?

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Just to clarify... no MSL or Kessel... but you're happy to sign a 34 yr old Ward ?!!?

Well, in his defense, he pulled back on that statement a few posts ago.

So really, the clarification is: NO TO EVERYONE BUT OFFER NOTHING ELSE OF SUBSTANCE.

Just helping you out man!! ;)

CrosbytoKessel

Jan 8, 2015
i'm a leaf fan and i'm rooting that the pens get Kessel. I'm a big Kessel fan and i think he deserves better than the crap he's had to deal with in Toronto. Everything from Rotten Ron wilson to the media. Guy can carry a team and score at a PPG pace with 3rd liners and AHL players (bozak and Crabb). He deserves to play on a team built on offense. Crosby - Kessel and (whomever LW they tossed on their line) would be the most dynamic and entertaining line in the NHL.

I think the offer of Pouliot + 1st + 2 dumps was a fair offer, one i would have taken if i was the leafs brass.

Good luck guys - i hope you get him.

ps - i ran into Crosby last year in Halifax (well his home town Cole Harbour at Subway - the sub shop) and i asked him why he looked familiar. I apologized for forgetting his name because i thought we had grown up together or gone to University together. He gave me an awkward look - like i was crazy - told me who he was and left with his $20 sub.

He eats at Subway? That makes me feel better about myself:nod::sarcasm: I love me some Subway

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
I love how the guys who will be leading the charge are the reason the return will probably be lackluster.

Although, I half expect your Simmons/Coxes/Kypreoses/Feschuks to be alright with any return, no matter how meager. They may just use it to say "see, we told you Kessel sucks."

I assume they'll blame Kessel's greed at the big contract and inability to fulfill it as the reason for the poor return. But this is purely semantics, at this point :)

Kessel is, and will continue to be, the man that destroyed hockey in Toronto.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
chances that Kessel, or anyone associated with Kessel, leaked anything to Dreger is approximately 0.

I'm not sure what the Dreger thing is getting at, but I'm thinking it's coming from the Leafs.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I think people are inferring more than they should .. but its the inclusion of Gary Roberts that is setting it on fire, not that he is returning to Toronto.

If he was returning to Toronto to work out with some random trainer, no one here would be making a huge deal about it .. me thinks.

Exactly. He might be training with someone that essentially works for the Penguins. It's just funny given the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $5,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium