Salary Cap: We are looking for nuclear Kessels. And whales. Beam me up, Scotty Bowman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Fitting him in isn't the problem.

Fitting him in and plugging up other holes is.

But it's really not. If they indeed ship out Kuntiz and Scuderi in the deal (or others as has been suggested/rumored) they have just about the same cap space left... if they ship out Sutter, they have more cap space to work with. Amazing how a little reading or research can help.

I'm finding it unreal the amount of people on this board and in the media that are just seeing that Kessel counts $8mil against the cap and assuming that $8mil can't fit.

At least come up with another reason why you don't want Kessel.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
We are going to make it Kessel day.

Chance of Kessel 81%, could be tomorrow.

143535451662534%201_zpsaknkfh8f.gif

Anything less than him is going in the wrong direction. Unless some other top 10 goal scorer is being dangled out there? If not, they are what we already have/had.

Great work!! But he looks too skinny :laugh:

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
How does he kill the cap at 6.0 with them retaining 2.0 of his 8.0 hit?

Have some of you not been paying attention.

Someone will also be moving out. Kunitz, Sutter and Scuderi are all possible guys to be moved.

The Pens sit on roughly 13.0 in cap as of right now, and if you send 1 or 2 of those three out you can add 7.0 to that number. 20.0 to finish out the roster.

The cap is not an issue. Parts going for him might be an issue for some dependent on who they are.

When did the TML say they were doing that? And if so then you can waive bye bye to them taking any bad contracts and I would think the Penguins would have to sweeten the deal even further. Thats a lot of money to retain for such a long time.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Kind of off topic, but holy ****, have you guys been keeping up with the Mike Richards situation? [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Kind of off topic, but holy ****, have you guys been keeping up with the Mike Richards situation?

Some report said something about "a border incident". Even if it's criminal though, it's not like they were in a rush to terminate Voynov's contract because he's being prosecuted.

penguins2946*

Kind of off topic, but holy ****, have you guys been keeping up with the Mike Richards situation?

From the way it sounds, they learned about this in the middle of the 1st round a couple days ago as they were negotiating with Calgary and Edmonton to trade him there. Pretty crazy.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Some report said something about "a border incident". Even if it's criminal though, it's not like they were in a rush to terminate Voynov's contract because he's being prosecuted.

There's a difference between the two players though... one is a young, entering their prime defender and the other is a washed up vet that has a... what's bigger than an albatross?... pterodactyl contract that they would LOVE to get off the books and cap.

penguins2946*

He could have just said Kessel from the start, it was blatantly obvious that this was about him.

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
No one knows whats going on exactly. All thats being rumored is some sort of "border" incident.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I can bet that Richards doing them a favour and confesses that he has violated some team stuff that is just enough to terminate a contract over.
I do think know ow how it works. Will he get his money either way? Be it a buyout or a terminated contract

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I can bet that Richards doing them a favour and confesses that he has violated some team stuff that is just enough to terminate a contract over.
I do think know ow how it works. Will he get his money either way? Be it a buyout or a terminated contract

He won't get payed if its terminated.

penguins2946*

Is this lawyer the representative of the Kings?

If not, and this is being held quiet, how is he in on it whats happened?

We know that at least 3 GMs know what happened. It's pretty likely that he got it from one of the 2 other GMs or he heard it from someone else.

Slaaapshuter

May 10, 2015

Terminated contract doesn't give him diddly squat so... Doubt it.

I wouldn't say no thanks to 20 million dollars as a favour. Specially if it's in my every right to have that money.

penguins2946*

I got Chicago's 1st for Scuderi in EHM. If it can happen there, it can happen in real life :sarcasm:

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Just to get things strait, is Kessel owed money by the Leafs on his contract July 1st? If yes, then I don't think we see a trade today.

he's owed the money at the same time he gets to give a new list for his NTC, and anybody getting a new NTC (Berglund in STL for example) would go into effect. I doubt the money is worth the risk. Odds are it wouldn't hurt us, but for 4M on top of a 50M contract I doubt we are overly concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad