Salary Cap: We are looking for nuclear Kessels. And whales. Beam me up, Scotty Bowman

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

realityis

Jun 15, 2012
Would you guys do a drouin for pouliot swap?

I would. I have actually been thinking about that a bit today, still torn.
Drouin next to Sid would be really good. A Drouin-Crosby-Hornqvist line would work well. Plus he's a natural LW. Something this team lacks.
I think there would need to be a small plus on Pouliot. But still.

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
Okay, it's tuesday, has it happened yet?????

5 hours into Tuesday I might add..

Having a tough time sleeping with the Tuesday excitement.

Don't let this be in waste, GMJR. Wake up and get it done already.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
This must surely be the day a decision gets made, one way or the other. Either Kessel, the backup plan (hope there is one), or just staying put from trading . Can't see us (or Toronto or whatever team we want to trade with) going in to the Free agency not knowing how much cap space we have and what spots that needs to be filled.

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
I do feel like Oshie, while not Kessel, is getting underestimated here. He's been a productive player playing for a coach whose system tends to limit creativity, skill and points. if he can put up 50 an 60 pt seasons under ken hitchcock with backes as his best linemate (no offense to backes i love the guy but he's not a top flight center) i would love to see what he can do with sid or geno.

While I would love to see one of these dream scenarios where we loose kunitz/scuds get Kessel and don't loose maata, I just can't see it happening.

And if Weds morning comes around and Kessel isn't on a plane to pittsburgh I would have no problem with Oshie being plan B

It's not about the regular season Oshie, but rather how he has been extremely quiet in playoffs that make me wary about getting him. I like the guy, but his playoff PPG is 0.3, which is a far cry from his regular season performance.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
It's not about the regular season Oshie, but rather how he has been extremely quiet in playoffs that make me wary about getting him. I like the guy, but his playoff PPG is 0.3, which is a far cry from his regular season performance.
Yeah but his team come PO time, doesn't exactly tear it up either...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Really? I'll wait while you find a post somewhere that's said anything like that.

And to have young players on ELCs, by large you have to draft them. Which means unless you get extremely lucky, you need 1st and 2nd round picks to draft said players.

By your reaction I'm assuming you thought I was referring to one of your posts, I wasn't. I was just speaking in general, mostly about the powers that be on this team. It's not hard to fill out a roster with Kessel, but we can't keep doing what we've been doing and overpaying the **** out of guys like Dupuis--who is and always has been a bottom sixer, this team's just idiotic.

And yeah, we need to be a Hell of a lot better at drafting and developing to make things work at first. As the cap goes up, it'll get easier, but we're gonna have to really buckle down and completely change our approach to prospect drafting and development.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
Pouliot for Drouin

Kapanen, Sutter, Kunitz, 1st, Scuderi for Kessel

Drouin-Crosby-Hornqvist
Perron-Malkin-Kessel

:amazed:

systemsgo

fire mj
Apr 24, 2014
Yeah but his team come PO time, doesn't exactly tear it up either...

Yeah, but if you look at Blues boards come playoffs, he's the one they're all grumbling about because he's consistently underperforming then. In fact that's why they want him gone over any other player.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Yeah, but if you look at Blues boards come playoffs, he's the one they're all grumbling about because he's consistently underperforming then. In fact that's why they want him gone over any other player.

Scapegoat or maybe he plays a bit like habs' Plekachu come PO time, maybe some of both?

OnMyOwn

Worlds Apart
Sep 7, 2005
They didn't tender arcobello? Poor guy lit their world on fire and still couldn't get paid.

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Can someone tie up JR and put him in a closet for the next 24 hours. Please no Phil the thrill here. Kills the cap. Toronto wants to strike while the iron is hot, thus someone is going to get burned.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Can someone tie up JR and put him in a closet for the next 24 hours. Please no Phil the thrill here. Kills the cap. Toronto wants to strike while the iron is hot, thus someone is going to get burned.

It doesn't though. It just makes us get rid of overpaid scrap players. That's a good thing.

penguins2946*

I swear, anyone who says that Kessel wouldn't work with the cap has ignored the hundreds of posts that show he does work with the cap.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I have this feeling that there's 0% chance of tampa trading Drouin tho.
They're on the brink of a cup. If they can get a vet for now and a young player or pick for the future... they might do it.

With Tiff in the mix, I'm hoping the Pens make a pitch for Draisaitl.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh

How does he kill the cap at 6.0 with them retaining 2.0 of his 8.0 hit?

Have some of you not been paying attention.

Someone will also be moving out. Kunitz, Sutter and Scuderi are all possible guys to be moved.

The Pens sit on roughly 13.0 in cap as of right now, and if you send 1 or 2 of those three out you can add 7.0 to that number. 20.0 to finish out the roster.

The cap is not an issue. Parts going for him might be an issue for some dependent on who they are.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is it Kessel Day?

We are going to make it Kessel day.

Chance of Kessel 81%, could be tomorrow.

143535451662534%201_zpsaknkfh8f.gif

Anything less than him is going in the wrong direction. Unless some other top 10 goal scorer is being dangled out there? If not, they are what we already have/had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad