We are born to hate the Habs, but which teams have you grown to dislike?.Leaf Matters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NiftyNaz

Sep 15, 2013
Top 3 for me are Boston, Montreal, and Vancouver. I'll never forget game 3 in the Boston - Toronto Series. It was the first game back in Toronto, and i got tickets for the game ( 75 $ standing section seats! so i didn't have to break the bank) and I decided to go to the boston side during warmups. I kept slamming the glass like an ******* fan and Milan Lucic looked at me and gave me the " What are you doing" signal with his hands and eyes. I was so honoured that he noticed me that I kind of have a soft spot for the guy today, even though he was suggesting i'm crazy.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Ok, this could be a long list,

Teams I Dislike or Hate:

Anaheim
Boston
Montreal
Buffalo
Carolina
Detroit
Edmonton
Florida
New Jersey
Ottawa
Phoenix
Winnipeg

Teams I Like or Love:
Toronto
Chicago
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Philadelphia
San Jose
Washington

Neutral about any others

AustonMitchWilly

Jul 3, 2013
I hate all teams that are currently financially struggling. Other than that, most teams besides the flyers, devils and bruins I can live with.

I love the leafs and root for the pens and chicago too. Never when they play the leafs though.

StringsAttached

BPD Nation!
Oct 1, 2013
Vaughan, ON
I was taught to hate the Habs ever since I became a Leafs fan and I dislike them but i've noticed their fans have been classier in recent years (besides a few rotten apples). I don't even hate the Bruins that much they've been teaching us how to gradually become contenders and I respect that.

The team that I absolutely loathe with a passion are the Canucks and their fans. I saw a video of a bunch of clowns burning the Leafs flag and throwing it in the garbage and I was dumbfounded lol. We don't even have a rivalry going...so I assume they hate us because of the media coverage we get. Hate them...hate them hate them. Game 7 I was rooting for the Bruins and was ecstatic when they won.

Teams I love - Jets, Flames, Penguins, Sharks.

Mindrust

Feb 28, 2013
Hate: Canucks (with a burning passion), Habs, Sabres, Pens
Can't stand: Red Wings, Jets

I used to hate the Rangers, but that was because I can't ****ing stand Tortorella's *** face. Now he moves to my most hated team. Encore? lol

Ok, this could be a long list,

Teams I Dislike or Hate:

Anaheim
Boston
Montreal
Buffalo
Carolina
Detroit
Edmonton
Florida
New Jersey
Ottawa
Phoenix
Winnipeg

Teams I Like or Love:
Toronto
Chicago
Los Angeles
Minnesota
Philadelphia
San Jose
Washington

Neutral about any others

Those are cities.

Last edited:

legendinblue

NHL in Seattle
Apr 30, 2011
Seattle/Europe
Montreal, Ottawa, Boston, Detroit and Buffalo.

I'm sure I would come to dislike Vancouver shortly after one playoff series, but that is not very likely to materialize.

Kief Richards

Nov 19, 2009
Keene, Ontario
I dislike most of the other teams, except a couple of ohl teams (with leaf prospects), and I like all of the minor teams in our home district, other than that, I just love our blue and white. "Follow the light, you'll find the blue and white.....God's team"

themightyquinn

Jun 10, 2007
Toronto
Couldn't care less about the Habs. Never seen a more delusional fan base. No Cups - or appearances in the Cup final - in 20 years and yet they still consider their success "recent". Laughable really.

Ottawa, Buffalo, Detroit.

spidergoalie

Aug 9, 2009
Kamloops, BC, Canada
Boston
LA
Any team Alfredson plays for.

I still hate the Sens and Buffalo. I don't hate the Habs at all.

Back in the Quinn era I hated the Devils a lot. I also hated Scott Stevens which didn't help either.

In the 70's, the Flyers always beat the Leafs, and were a dirty rough team. But I loved Bernie Parent! The man was poetry in motion! In fact after Jacques Plante (yep I'm that old) Bernie is my next favorite goalie. The fact they were Leaf team mates when I first started watching hockey might play a role too.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Cheer for: Sharks, Wild
Indifferent: Panthers, Bolts, Sabres
Dislike: Bruins, Red Wings, Sens
Hate: Habs, Canucks, Jets

GenericFan2*

In order: Bruins ------------> Habs ---> Canucks/Senators

and then the Jets.

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Sens
Bruins
Flyers

Honestly I don't give the Jets or Canucks a second thought

GreekLeafer

Dec 6, 2010
Ottawa
Absolutely hate hate hate Vancouver. Just the aura around them, nobody cares about them but they act like they have 17 archrivals. People talk about how media is too pro-Toronto, Vancouver whined and complained to the point that CBC became ridiculously pro-Vancouver. The media, fans, players, Vancouver is impossible to like.

Winnipeg's following in Vancouver's footsteps, hate hate hate them.

Love/hate w/Montreal. I hate them when we're playing them but I love their torch ceremony and the history around them. Really wanted them to beat Mickey Mouse Ottawa last year.

Hate the Sens cause I live here, but their inferiority complex and bankrupt team is too funny to have a full hate-on for.

The torch ceremony they did this year was garbage. I got ****** chills when Beliveau handed the torch to the French saviour (Briere). Yuck, we get it! They're both French!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad