We are born to hate the Habs, but which teams have you grown to dislike?.Leaf Matters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Mr Scarface*

THOSE horrible built Senators have always disqusted me. After all those horrid playoff games and series when we always always won them straight. Their soft team. We were always the harder and tougher team and beat them to the ground!!!!!!!! GROUND!! awful arrogant soft senators from ottawa!!

highslot

Jul 10, 2012
canucks for their soft style of play, their fans and hanging luongo out to dry.

senators are close second, because of alfredsson when he was playing and their fans.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Flyers. Flyers Flyers Flyers. Though that didn't exactly take a lot of growing into, that was pretty well indoctrinated at birth like the Habs.

pucci2001

Jun 3, 2012
Boston for obvious reasons, they have become our nemesis. Senaturds just because, regardless of the fact we have owned them. Lastly is Buffalo, they are just a ******* team with a lot of rat type players, even their scorers pissed me off like Roy when he was there. Man I hated that guy.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Montreal because of the history involved.

Ottawa because it's fun to see the Leafs fans take over the Canadian Tire Centre, especially when the Leafs win there and never lossing to them in the playoffs.

Buffalo once again because of all the Leafs fans who take over the First Niagria Center, plus when they have players like John Scott and Patrick Keleta who are always dirty makes it easy to hate them.

Vancouver because of how their fans have become so arrogant for their hate of everything Toronto, complaining about 4:00 PM PST starts against the Leafs on a Saturday, having divers in the lineup such as Burrows, Kesler, Lapierre, and the Sedins.

Boston because everytime we play them someone like Chara or someone else always seems to get away with a head shot, however no penalties are ever called and the league doesn't think of suspending them.

Carolina because of Eric Staal's bad joke during the 2011 All Star Fantasy Draft about Toronto not being a real Hockey city. Plus when he use to be on TV and radio I remember Bill Watters would never say a negative word about Jim Rutheford and the moves he would make, yet he would always bash every move the Leafs made no matter who their GM was. So it would always made me angry listening to him say that.

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Any good Toronto fan should obviously hate Ottawa, Montreal, Boston and Buffalo. They are close in proximity, are division rivals and we've had lots of intense battles in the past. I'm going to flip the script with this one though... and go with.

The Winnipeg (Thrashers) Jets

Really dislike the Jets and their fans they are one of the most obnoxious fanbases on HF and just in general. I was actually happy for the city and their fans when they got their
team back and then they for no reason absolutely hated on our team, for really no good reason.

Avec Fromage*

I respect the Habs as a storied franchise and a great rival.

I pity the Sens for their little man syndrome.

I despise the Canucks for their self-entitled, arrogant fan base.

I despise the Bruins for their dirty play and lack of penalties called due to favouritism from the league (Marchand delaying game 7 last year by throwing a water bottle on to the ice still pisses me off but then there's the punches, cross checks, etc.).

I admire Detroit's organization from ownership down.

I find Jets fans annoying.

I frequently forget the existence of Buffalo.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I don't really hate any team per say, its the fanbases I despise. Anyway my most hated teams:

1. Montreal - Annoying fans and I just don't like them.

2. Ottawa - Arguably the worst fanbase in the league.

3. Vancouver - I didn't hate them before but now I do. Their fans have the biggest inferiority complex in the league. Their obsession with us is scary. I don't get why they hate us. I don't get why they hate everything Toronto. Also, their team is made up of a bunch of divers and I hate fake tough guys like Burrows.

4. Winnipeg - exactly like Vancouver. Ever since they got their team back, all they can do is talk ****. Their obsession with Toronto is also over the top. I remember when they use to say Pavelec is better than Reimer and Kane over Kessel AINEC. I hate being an ******* but I have to say, does anyone outside of Canada even know Winnipeg exists?

5. Oilers - see Vancouver and Winnipeg. They use to make fun of our playoff drought when theirs was just as long. I remember the consensus among them was "Dubnyk > Reimer" and of course the best was this "Those laffs will never be able to compete with our Oilers dynasty". Still thank you have a dynasty there, boys?

6. Boston - Respect them a bit but they are way too dirty and never get called for anything. They have arrogant fans, though with their recent success they have a right to be. But still I do agree with them on one thing, THANK YOU KESSEL. Also, I have to say, I had a smile on my face when they collapsed against Chicago. I think that they will eventually contend with Montreal as our biggest rival.

7. Minny - Maybe a bit too quick but I can't respect a fanbase when they are praying for our coach and many of our players to be hurt. Sad because I used to like them a lot.

8. Buffalo - Once they're relevant they'll go up on this list.

I don't really like many other teams because basically all of them hate Toronto. We really are the Yankees of the NHL in terms of opposition hate. I hate every Canadian team except for Calgary. The few other teams I like probably are the Kings and maybe Chicago and Colorado.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The Winnipeg (Thrashers) Jets

Really dislike the Jets and their fans they are one of the most obnoxious fanbases on HF and just in general. I was actually happy for the city and their fans when they got their
team back and then they for no reason absolutely hated on our team, for really no good reason.
Those are the same thoughts I had. Just like you I was happy that Winnipeg got back an NHL team, because I say the more teams in Canada the better it is. However when the Leafs first played there during the 2011-2012 season and they started with the "Leafs suck" chants and booing Phaneuf or Kessel for no reason each time they touch the puck, I thought what is up with them? It's one thing when the Canadiens fans say Leafs suck because of the history with them. So I thought the Jets fans had no reason to say that. As for booing Phaneuf or Kessel, I think it's just stupid that they always choose to boo specific players of each team for no reason.

Asif16*

Montreal first for obvious reasons.

And then.....The canucks. Yup. More than sens, bruins or sabres.

Bunch of pathetic Hairpulling, Biting, fake tough, diving losers! Not to mention their arrogant fanbase. They are like addicted to us and Toronto overall. Hearing them talk, you would think that they won multiple championships. They boast their chest thinking theyre the best, when all they did was make to the stanley cup finals once. (or twice. i dont remember). Not even mention the way they treated luongo.

Probably gonna get wasted in the 1rd round again this year. And then go burn their city down some more. Maybe if the sedin sisters actually grew a pair, they would go far.

#2girlsnocup

agropop

Mar 3, 2011
Windsor
I don't really hate any fans, but then again I kind of hate all of them. My second favorite team has always been whoever's beating Detroit, that makes me happy.

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Boston.

It was Buffalo, but it's really hard to hate the worst team in the modern NHL when the fans are suffering so much - and they aren't delusional at all about how bad their team is here.

It has been so much fun to jog around here with the dog with my Leafs sweater on.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Other then the Habitaunts, there are only 2 other teams I can actually say I strongly dislike with enduring passion(hate is much too strong a word).

The first would be the Flyers(because of what they did to the entire league in the 70's) and secondly the Penguinos. It really irks me that the league has continually given such preferential treatment to Mario both as a player and an owner and continued on to the current poster boy of the NHL. I get that these guys are talented, I don't get the idea that they are treated with kid gloves

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Montreal first for obvious reasons.

And then.....The canucks. Yup. More than sens, bruins or sabres.

Bunch of pathetic Hairpulling, Biting, fake tough, diving losers! Not to mention their arrogant fanbase. They are like addicted to us and Toronto overall. Hearing them talk, you would think that they won multiple championships. They boast their chest thinking theyre the best, when all they did was make to the stanley cup finals once. (or twice. i dont remember). Not even mention the way they treated luongo.

Probably gonna get wasted in the 1rd round again this year. And then go burn their city down some more. Maybe if the sedin sisters actually grew a pair, they would go far.

#2girlsnocup

I like this post because basically everyone has said the exact same thing about Vancouver. "They hate us for no reason/They are obsessed with us!" when really, its clearly you guys who are obsessed. I get it, you are tired of losing for 11 years straight. Id be angry too, i guess? I challenge you to find a dive from this year and not 2011. Please post some evidence of a dive. JVR has dove, Grabovski has bit someone. Kadri has gave a goalie a concussion. Toronto also had riots at the G20, and has a crackhead for a mayor. Dont act like you are saints.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Devils - Soooooo boring to watch
Sens - Deep rivalry
Sabres - Always hated them
Canucks - Heated rivalry even though we barley play

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
I like this post because basically everyone has said the exact same thing about Vancouver. "They hate us for no reason/They are obsessed with us!" when really, its clearly you guys who are obsessed. I get it, you are tired of losing for 11 years straight. Id be angry too, i guess? I challenge you to find a dive from this year and not 2011. Please post some evidence of a dive. JVR has dove, Grabovski has bit someone. Kadri has gave a goalie a concussion. Toronto also had riots at the G20, and has a crackhead for a mayor. Dont act like you are saints.

Alex Edler is totally perfect. I mean, he's never run over any goalies ever and got suspended for it, right? Oh, I forgot, Mike Smith totally doesn't count because he's a diver, right? :sarcasm:

Dallas Eakins*

I'd like to clarify I am a longtime fan of the Bruins as well as the Leafs so no one thinks I left a glaring omission, that said:

Detroit: the most reprehensible combination of dirty and "respected' I think Ive ever seen. I hated them more when they were relevant but I still can't stand them. Also Datsyuk most overrated player to ever lace em up? Almost certainly. Notable pieces of garbage: Kronwall(epitomizes the dirty/respected anomaly), Ablekator, Bertuzzi, and several others but not too many standouts because its more of a group effort. That said I like Zetterberg and would probably like Pavel if not for, ya know, everyone who does

Vancouver: Love torts and Luongo's new attitude so I've backed down from this a bit. However, obviously their is still alot to hate, I did love their run to the cup finals though it was so ******* poetic. Booking victory parade after going up 2-0, luongo cutting up thomas than getting lit up by a Christmas tree, dirty hit taking out Horton to turn the series around, then the riot. It was one of my favorite hero vs.villians finals in recent memory. Notable ********: Bieska(face/attitude combo of a frat boy, kesler(somersaults), Burrows, Hansen, etc.

Ottawa: remember how I said Datsyuk was the most overrated player of all time? Well let me introduce you to his runner up: you may have heard of him(ad naseum for 3 years) Erik Karlson, and the only reason he won't shatter every record on the books is because he once suffered and injury and is at 62.39 percent for the rest of his career.

And I actually hate these three more than Montreal, mostly because they have faded into irrelevance, however, PK the diva and coward is certainly bringing them into the limelight. Most recently when he started a scrum with Colton Orr only because he knew Parros was on the ice.... leading to his injury.

Honorable mention to the Sabres of the past few years, employing dirtbags because they know they arent going to win games anyway, given the fact that I mentioned Im a Leafs and Bruins fan I don't think I need to tell you why I dislike John Scott.

Cheers

Asif16*

Umm yeah. Coming over to leaf board and not only reading what leafs fans says, but to take time and respond to it too. I wonder who's obsessed with who.

Come back to me when you won a stanley cup. Times running out for the sisters.

Derek Synak

Mar 14, 2009
Mistake by the Lake
The Kings, Canucks, Sabres and Canes all beat us to go to the finals in the last 20 years.

I hate them all for this and am glad that none of them won the cup, except I was cheering for the Kings in 93, i mean, who cheers for the habs? seriously.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Flyers. Plain and simple.

Not a fan of Buffalo, Vancouver or Carolina either.
Ottawa... not so much hate... more like an annoying fly buzzing around, that will occasionally run into a closed window and you can't help but laugh at it mockingly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad