We are born to hate the Habs, but which teams have you grown to dislike?.Leaf Matters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Nov 15, 2008
Lerin MKD
I really dont "hate" any team, I just don't like any except the Leafs( I don't have a second favourite team:shakehead:shakehead). Now saying that, fan bases are a different story. I don't really "hate" habs fans from montreal(they are only cheering for their hometown team) but the HATE is for hab fans from the GTA( er W**DB***GE and TH* DA*F*RTH):sarcasm::sarcasm:

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Umm yeah. Coming over to leaf board and not only reading what leafs fans says, but to take time and respond to it too. I wonder who's obsessed with who.

Come back to me when you won a stanley cup. Times running out for the sisters.

Yeah it must have been tough to win cups in a 6 team league. You got me there. Going by that logic, you should have way more really.

Its the internet, i can go wherever i want to. I just think its hilarious how you guys hate us, every single one of you. And yet there is no rivalry, we play twice per year. I also like how you avoided everything i said and used the generic "you have no cups" thing. Good argument and witty retort. 10 out of 10, would read again. Going by the rules of this forum though, every single person in here should be removed from this conversation.

You hate us more than you hate your actual rivals, doesnt that strike you as odd? Again, please find me a gif of us diving that wasnt in 2011. How old are you, by the way?

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Alex Edler is totally perfect. I mean, he's never run over any goalies ever and got suspended for it, right? Oh, I forgot, Mike Smith totally doesn't count because he's a diver, right? :sarcasm:

No, the difference is i wont defend things like that, where as you guys put some kind of spin on everything. If my team plays terrible, i will say they played terrible. Call a spade a spade and dont make excuses. I dont see the big deal in being able to admit that. Ive seen people actually blaming Backstrom for getting elbowed in the head, and even go as far to say that he hurt himself when he fell to the ice. Seriously?

Auston Marlander

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Yeah it must have been tough to win cups in a 6 team league. You got me there. Going by that logic, you should have way more really.

Its the internet, i can go wherever i want to. I just think its hilarious how you guys hate us, every single one of you. And yet there is no rivalry, we play twice per year. I also like how you avoided everything i said and used the generic "you have no cups" thing. Good argument and witty retort. 10 out of 10, would read again. Going by the rules of this forum though, every single person in here should be removed from this conversation.

You hate us more than you hate your actual rivals, doesnt that strike you as odd? Again, please find me a gif of us diving that wasnt in 2011. How old are you, by the way?

To be clear we hate Vancouver fans. The team is just an lying, but the fans are a joke.

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
To be clear we hate Vancouver fans. The team is just an lying, but the fans are a joke.

Dont worry, i live in Ontario, so i see leaf "fans" first hand. They basically know nothing about hockey, like, at all. Am i doing it right?
When Andy Frost used to have his call in show after the leaf games, it was sure filled with gems. It goes both ways. Leaf fans are not exactly the most respected on here either. It probably stems from defending everything to the death and making the most outlandish statements. You love your team, thats great. But there is a point where you just have to stop seeing things through beer goggles and admit that what people are telling you is logical sometimes. Its not "Leaf hate" its because sometimes, it is actually the truth. Imagine that.

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
Vancouver because their fans have a weird infatuation with Toronto. It's kind of creepy actually, none of the other Canadian teams fans have that.

46YearsButStillHere

Nov 9, 2013
Vancouver because their fans have a weird infatuation with Toronto. It's kind of creepy actually, none of the other Canadian teams fans have that.

I lived in B.C for half my life and very rarely got hassled for wearing a Leafs jersey or asking people to turn on the Leafs game.

The automatic answer from any Leafs fan should be: Bruins. They have dominated us for too long, "stolen" Rask and Seguin from us, and I haven't met a Bruins fan I didn't want to punch in the face. I'm sure they have their share of nice fans but yeah...

Asif16*

Truth Hurts doesnt it? Lol facts is facts.

LOL your askin me how i am? Reading your posts, you sound like a whiny 6 year old canucks fans sitting in the basement just arguing while trying to sounds smart. Judging by the number of posts you have so far, i bet its true. :laugh:

You mention how there is no rivalry and leaf fans treat it like a rivalry? Are you dumb? We dont treat it like rivalry. Actually most of us actually dont give 2 ****s about the canucks. The only reason the canucks are even brought up was because of this thread einstein. We didnt know the canucks even existed after the beating you got after 2011...and then boasting your chest to everyone becuase you made the stanley cup finals. :laugh:

Lol and you want gifs of you guys diving? So, if there is no gifs, you guys dont dive right? Here's the deal einstein. Gifs are made mostly for crazy dives. You guys may not have crazy dives (not yet anyways), but the embelleshing and diving you guys did in the leaf game was ridiculous. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Teams I hate just because: Habs, Sens, Sabres
Teams I grew to despise because of their fans: Canucks, Oilers
Teams I used to hate but now could care less about: Detroit, Boston
Teams I am Jelly of and because of it hate them: Chicago, LA, Pittsburgh

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Truth Hurts doesnt it? Lol facts is facts.

LOL your askin me how i am? Reading your posts, you sound like a whiny 6 year old canucks fans sitting in the basement just arguing while trying to sounds smart. Judging by the number of posts you have so far, i bet its true. :laugh:

You mention how there is no rivalry and leaf fans treat it like a rivalry? Are you dumb? We dont treat it like rivalry. Actually most of us actually dont give 2 ****s about the canucks. The only reason the canucks are even brought up was because of this thread einstein. We didnt know the canucks even existed after the beating you got after 2011...and then boasting your chest to everyone becuase you made the stanley cup finals. :laugh:

Lol and you want gifs of you guys diving? So, if there is no gifs, you guys dont dive right? Here's the deal einstein. Gifs are made mostly for crazy dives. You guys may not have crazy dives (not yet anyways), but the embelleshing and diving you guys did in the leaf game was ridiculous. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Well then in that case please show me a gif of us embellishing then in that game? I will ask you again, how old are you? You keep avoiding simple questions and im not sure why. I never said we didnt dive, we did. In 2011. Not anymore. I think its fair to ask for proof of something that you claim we did. I think the bottom line is that you shouldnt throw stones when your team does the exact same things and worse.

There is no rivalry? Why is it then, that every single person said they hate Vancouver more than Ottawa, Montreal, Boston? Im not whining at all. Im asking you questions, most of which you have avoided.

You honestly sit there and say all these things, trash a city and everyone who likes a team and then get called out on it and all you can do is talk about my post count and say that im "Whiny and sit in the basement" and call me Einstein a few times. I dont think its out of line to ask you your age. Because the way you talk it sounds like you are really young.

Yes you guys dont care, thats why everyone has said the Canucks in their answer. Proof that nobody cares.

Asif16*

Well then in that case please show me a gif of us embellishing then in that game? I will ask you again, how old are you? You keep avoiding simple questions and im not sure why. I never said we didnt dive, we did. In 2011. Not anymore. I think its fair to ask for proof of something that you claim we did. I think the bottom line is that you shouldnt throw stones when your team does the exact same things and worse.

There is no rivalry? Why is it then, that every single person said they hate Vancouver more than Ottawa, Montreal, Boston? Im not whining at all. Im asking you questions, most of which you have avoided.

You honestly sit there and say all these things, trash a city and everyone who likes a team and then get called out on it and all you can do is talk about my post count and say that im "Whiny and sit in the basement" and call me Einstein a few times. I dont think its out of line to ask you your age. Because the way you talk it sounds like you are really young.

Yes you guys dont care, thats why everyone has said the Canucks in their answer. Proof that nobody cares.

Talking out of your ass much? Not every single person say they hate the canucks. No one mentioned vancouver as their #1. The only reason canucks are even being mentioned is because of their fans. And stop mentioning rivalry. There is no rivalry with the canucks. Stop trying to force one. Rivalry wise, habs and bruins top the list, and even on my fist post, i said habs are are number 1 hated.

Second of all, i never trashed your city. Again stop talking out of your ass.

Ands yes to me and leafs fans...canucks still dive. In the canucks/leafs game, a lot of penalty calls on the leafs were crap, mostly because of the embellishment.

If you dont think that the canucks dont dive anymore, good for you. Your opinion. Im not gonna argue about it anymore.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
I hate teams for different reasons.

Carolina, Buffalo, Islanders, Boston, Chicago - teams that seems to always play us tough and with the exception of Boston and Chicago that have been good for a while now, the others could suck ass and still beat us.

Ottawa, Montreal - divisional rivals but my issue is more with their fans than their team. To be honest, the same reasons I dislike them are the same things that Leafs fans are guilty of as well. I come across Sens and Habs fans that are downright unbearable which makes me wish all bad things on their team just so their fans can suffer greatly. Then I come across some reasonable fans of theirs and am reminded that they aren't all bad. So then I go back to not hating them (but still rooting against them because they're divisional rivals).

Vancouver, Winnipeg, Edmonton - Cannot stand their fanbase. All of my experiences with their fans (with the exception of 1 Canucks fan) has been unpleasant or felt like I was having a discussion with a brick wall. What I saw with Canucks fans seemed to get worse after the Cup finals (which I'm now ashamed to say I spent any time during those finals hoping that their fans would be rewarded with watching their team win a Cup for the first time). Those fanbases have come across arrogant and condescending. I'm sure there's a good group of them out there that I just haven't interacted with but I have yet to experience it.

Bertie

Jan 20, 2013
I'm a Canucks fan and I can't stand their fans. So much so that I went out of my way to get banned from CDC.
They are the sickest, most self entitled and ignorant in the League. And don't get me started on how they hate on their own players, even their mods do it.
I love the team and of course I don't know what the fans outside CDC are like, although I suppose the rioting says a lot about many of them.
I am generally a lover of the game and see a lot of good in all the other teams. I especially like the Leafs, the Avs, NYR (especially after AV took over) the Wild, the Jets and have a spot for the Panthers because they have such a small fan base and never seem to get out of the rut.

Interesting thread

Bertie

Jan 20, 2013
I'm a Canucks fan and I can't stand their fans. So much so that I went out of my way to get banned from CDC.
They are the sickest, most self entitled and ignorant in the League. And don't get me started on how they hate on their own players, even their mods do it.
I love the team and of course I don't know what the fans outside CDC are like, although I suppose the rioting says a lot about many of them.
I am generally a lover of the game and see a lot of good in all the other teams. I especially like the Leafs, the Avs, NYR (especially after AV took over) the Wild, the Jets and have a spot for the Panthers because they have such a small fan base and never seem to get out of the rut.

Interesting thread

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad