We are born to hate the Habs, but which teams have you grown to dislike?.Leaf Matters

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ungentrified

Jan 18, 2013
The Bruins is a love/hate sort of thing - I like their style of hockey, but hate that they do get away with dirtier play because of it (besides their arrogant fans).

As for the other teams, Canadiens, Canucks and Sens, largely because of their pompous fanbases who have massive persecution complexes.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
NYR, Bruins, Philly

But I like the Wings (storied drafting and best management in the league, original six), Kings (went from mediocre to great very quickly, cool jersey), and Hawks (respect teams who can be consistant in the cap era, original six, i rarely face them, cool jersey)

Mar 26, 2010
HATE Vancouver.

Don't like the Sens.

Don't like Edmonton.

soulie

Jan 9, 2008
Used to cheer for the Canucks during the Bure to West Coast Express days, the current whiny, finger-biting, diving Canucks are a disgrace. Absolutely hate the Bruins and them getting away with so many cheap shots per game.

Due to past history don't like the sens but not full on hate.
Can't really hate the habs unless its game night vs us.

Having said all that I'll still cheer for a Canadian team if the Leafs are out, but never again for Vancouver somethings are just impossible.

Jot

Mar 10, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
Hate Boston for their annoying announcers for being biased. And them being big time embellishers + dirty players. That Toronto Boston series, nothing was being called.

Dislike Ottawa because their fans gloat too much about Anderson and Karlsson.

Dislike Montreal because their fans gloat too much about Galchenyuk and Subban.

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
I hate every team in Philly because of Michael Vick. Any city that welcomes that sick **** should be ashamed of themselves. So I am honestly happy when I see Vick injured and Philly losing the way they are.

false bobo

Dec 6, 2011
I hate every team in Philly because of Michael Vick. Any city that welcomes that sick **** should be ashamed of themselves. So I am honestly happy when I see Vick injured and Philly losing the way they are.

you seem like bit of a dbag to be chief of the morality police

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
honestly at this point (this generation) the old rivalries don't really exist. there are to many teams

I actually like the Canadians and would much rather watch (and watch the leafs play) a team with some history and in a true hockey market .

rivalries are based on recent competition so I Bos and Ott are the real ones now

on a side note

In this day and age of sports there are very few true rivalries, if any. For a sport like hockey rivalry comes from history playing a team.

What if the NHL adopted an MLB style schedule. 3 and 2 game sets. 2 home 1 away or home and away.

This would also help cut down on traveling costs for teams.
I like most Canadians but hate the Canadiens with a passion

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I can't cheer for any other NHL team, Canadian based or not! I really dislike certain fan bases, however.

It's the Toronto Maple Leafs forever and always.

Pitt the Elder

Nov 7, 2013
Oakville, ON

Do you hate all Toronto teams because they employed and swept under the rug a child molester at MLG?

Wendelstache

May 5, 2010
Hate Vancouver more than any team in the league, after them are the old Norris rivals...Glad Detroit is back for more hating!

mcleex

Fire Parros
Jul 3, 2009
No team comes close to making my blood absolutely boil as much as the Bruins. From top to bottom I can't stand that ****ing team, their coach, their players. I ****ing hate that organization

Edit: you can also throw in their announcers too, and the anthem singer, **** THAT PIECE OF ****

I also really hate Vancouver, almost to the same extent as the Bruins.

I dislike Detroit, Montreal and Ottawa but not nearly as much as Boston and Vancouver

crkkh

Aug 13, 2010
Toronto
Don't really like the Boston Bruins as a team or an organization...

But the only team I hate is the Philadelphia Flyers...I was around in the 70's when they pretty much tried to destroy hockey...they were horrid...and sadly were rewarded with 2 Stanley Cups...
A stain on the history of the NHL...:)
They have since presented themselves in a toned down version but like to remind us of their "glory" years occasionally with their style of play...
I am a Leaf fan, and should hate the Habs...but they almost single handedly forced teams like Philadelphia and Boston to actually play some hockey, so I am forced to at least respect them...

Enough rant :)

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
I think lately, people have started to say that they don't mind the Habs because of the meaningless games that the Leafs have played against them. I still hate the team and love whenever the Leafs beat them.

Ottawa has had more of a recent rivalry with the Leafs. After beating them in the playoffs for 3 straight years (I think?), Ottawa has hated Toronto and visa versa.

I respect how Boston plays, but I still hate them.

And another one of my most hated teams is whoever Mike Ribeiro plays for.

BlueStorm

Aug 14, 2010
Halifax
After the playoffs last year I now hate the current Bruins more than the habs. The Bruins are the dirtiest team I have seen. Lucic would be my most hated Bruin.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Hate Vancouver - live here, have to deal with their annoying fans, media. Originally when I came out here in 2009, I imagined them coming my #2 team to follow - haha...not anymore

Hate Ottawa - playoff series in the early 2000s, alfie, etc

Dislike Boston - hated them more post-Kessel trade, playoff series caused me to have a great amount of respect for the team. Game 7 failure was more on the Leafs than the Bruins.

Dislike Detroit - grew up as a Leaf fan through grade school about 40 minutes from Detroit, which happened to be when they were winning back-to-back cups in the late 1990s. Boo

Dislike Montreal - no real rivalry for decades now, which keeps it from a Hate.

MS13

Oct 26, 2013
Hamilton
Philly and New jersey because those were the teams we usually lost to during the playoffs in the early 2000's.

Habs and Sens too I guess, but those rivalries are dead.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
My dads a habs fan, but he also wants the leafs to do well, so I dont really mind the habs.

I cant stand Ottawa or Boston though, more so Boston.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Detroit, Rangers, Washington, Philly, Vancouver, Ottawa, Boston in no particular order.

Not very fond of Nashville but there's nothing there to make me hate them

BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I don't really "hate" the habs...it's their fanbase I despise so that's why i like it when they lose. the team itself isn't really competitive enough to be worth hating.

I don't like the Canucks - even though they're not really competitors because they're in a different division, the team's whining and diving disgusts me.

I've never liked the Sabres or Sens. I don't like the Bruins.

I don't know if I really *hate* any teams, but we also weren't in the playoffs for a long time so there haven't been any recent big rivalries.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad