OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I love this! Nothing like paper and pens or markers. I am old school and love my note books, note pads, address books, journals, etc.

Same. I still use a paper planner, paper to do list, I have a notebook for errands that I write my lists in.

I do have an electronic address book but love paper for everything else

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Random Confession:

Wet leaves bring out the absolute worst in me, and what makes it worse I don't even know why. I didn't have some life altering event caused by them, and they really don't impact in any way. But just looking at them on the ground, attached to vehicles hits a button that I can't describe...

I equate the vexation I have for wet leaves similar to that of hearing open mouth chewing.

I'm usually a simple person to figure out, but this is one that I'll have to put on a list for a professional when that time comes lol

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I made a reservation!
How many are you cooking for?

Dinner is 6.

We also do an open house breakfast during the parade. We have dear friends from NYC that are here every thanksgiving to spend the holiday with his family, so they come over with the kids for breakfast and to watch the parade. Anyone that is around is welcome to stop by for an apple cider mimosa, some breakfast, a visit, and to catch some of the parade. We have anywhere between 4 and 12 for that, usually.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I love this! Nothing like paper and pens or markers. I am old school and love my note books, note pads, address books, journals, etc.
I got my 2024 planner for work a few days ago. I love writing all the stuff in it. For as much as I love tech, I've never enjoyed keeping any sort of electronic calendar. I guess my love of office supplies and stationery is just too ingrained in me at this point lol.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI

Same. I still use a paper planner, paper to do list, I have a notebook for errands that I write my lists in.

I do have an electronic address book but love paper for everything else

I am a complete nerd when it comes to stationery.

A nice pen and thick stack of paper (anyone that writes with a single sheet on a hard surface is probably hiding bodies somewhere) just feels right to me. Now, I don't do anything creative with it, I'm not a writer nor do I draw, I don't even have that great of penmanship (is that word still allowed?) but really nice pen in hand with a fresh notebook? I feel like I could draft solutions to every major problem facing the planet.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is the most useless week at work.

Cancel it!
We won't even get out early today. But we'll probably get a free pie on the way out if the last few years are any indication.

I have no need for free pie. I mean, i guess it's nice, but I would love an extra hour or two off instead. As would most of our staff, I suspect. Sadly the powers that be are wildly out of touch when it comes to that sort of thing. So much so that a rule is you have to work the day before and day after a holiday, or lose holiday pay. Want to take the day off in order to travel on Wednesday so you don't have to travel on Thanksgiving Day? Sure, but no holiday pay for you, then. :madfire::banghead:

My boss has told them ever since they implemented it that it is a bad policy, but there's no convincing them. It's insane.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
We are going out for Thanksgiving dinner this year. I might have balked at that but my sister told me this restaurant not only serves a great turkey day dinner but for a few extra bucks they'll make up a plate of leftovers for you.

I love Thanksgiving leftovers more than the dinner itself & since I am laid up I can't cook a turkey (no bending more than 90 degrees for the forseeable future)

🦃

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I need someone to scientifically explain to me why it’s so hard to get up and get moving on work days but not days off
It all starts in the top floor. The cranium. It's human nature. I always felt the way you described until I did my own thing and became self employed 32 years ago. Best thing in the world for my attitude and happiness.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
It’s like he ate one of your turkey dinners

IMG_6874.jpeg

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Last night was worst night ever for the knee pain.....it feels like someone hit me in the inside of the knee with a hammer.....was up until 430....impossible to find a comfortable position......counting down the days until the replacement
A buddy of mine had them both replaced over the course of 18 months. Seems to be really happy with the results. Hang in there, it'll be done and this will just be a memory.

Reactions: BMC and shelbysdad

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
A buddy of mine had them both replaced over the course of 18 months. Seems to be really happy with the results. Hang in there, it'll be done and this will just be a memory.
My plan is to have the R knee done as soon as possible (3 months? ) That could be a partial instead of total. Want both done by May since the insurance deductible will be met (only $300 to go)

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Just got back from Stop & Shop to pick up pies. Just pies.

What a friggen nuthouse.
I went to Walmart this morning before work. Wasn't too bad but pretty busy for that time of day.

I didn't want to wait until after work because it's guaranteed to be nuts then.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
No idea. I have spent much of my life in downtowns and seedy areas so have a pretty solid situational understanding. This was out of the blue. I know a few women through my kids soccer that work in that area that have mentioned how they feel much less safe because of random violence growing over the past couple years but I hadn't really seen it. I don't want it to change my interactions with people down there so will slough it off... but unexpected. I'm not a crazy homeless guy, ... I was going to an art show in the middle of the day and got turned around... said 'excuse me, do you know...' and punched.
Random act of senseless violence.
I spent half of my life in the Navy travelling everywhere and anywhere. As a good Sailor, i would always go to the seediest areas in any city we visited. The only place I ever felt scared and or intimidated was in East Hastings, Vancouver. The homeless are just too aggressive.

Reactions: b in vancouver

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Picked up the last remaining items Monday night. Some pies, cookies, biscuits, taters, cheese and crackers, ice cream. I was pleasantly surprised with how NOT busy stop n shop was, and how well stocked they were. The roads on the other hand, yikes. It's been crazy for a week or so now. Everybody out on the roads, deer out on the roads, and I watched two cars on back to back nights casually plow through the same intersection a good 5 seconds after I HAD THE GREEN.

Stay safe out there fam

Reactions: BMC

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
It is going to be a quiet Thanksgiving. I used to go to a maternal uncle's with family, but have little family left. Said uncle and his wife are in FLA doing fairly well. They just sent me a nice mini-tree and some nice ornaments for a window.
I thought about going to a restaurant, but no. I have spent too much lately. I have never made a turkey and I am not starting now. I will just make a nice meatloaf or something.

Last edited:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It is going to be a quiet Thanksgiving. I used to go to a maternal Uncle's with family, but have little family left. Said Uncle and his wife are in FLA doing fairly well. They just sent me a nice mini-tree and some nice ornaments for a window.
I thought about going to a restaurant, but no. I have spent too much lately. I have never made a turkey and I am not starting now. I will just make a nice meatloaf or something.

meatloaf, IMO, is very underrated.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Random Confession:

Wet leaves bring out the absolute worst in me, and what makes it worse I don't even know why. I didn't have some life altering event caused by them, and they really don't impact in any way. But just looking at them on the ground, attached to vehicles hits a button that I can't describe...

I equate the vexation I have for wet leaves similar to that of hearing open mouth chewing.

I'm usually a simple person to figure out, but this is one that I'll have to put on a list for a professional when that time comes lol
They are also crazy slippery. TD Charlie Sr walks with 2 canes and I've lost count of how many times he's called me to say "&^%$#@ leaves almost got me again today"

meatloaf, IMO, is very underrated.
That bbq meatloaf at Not Your Average Joes...unreal

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Dinner is 6.

We also do an open house breakfast during the parade. We have dear friends from NYC that are here every thanksgiving to spend the holiday with his family, so they come over with the kids for breakfast and to watch the parade. Anyone that is around is welcome to stop by for an apple cider mimosa, some breakfast, a visit, and to catch some of the parade. We have anywhere between 4 and 12 for that, usually.
I would like to do the parade before we move to Maine, but I hate NYC and it's such an opportunistic target for a psycho that I would be too paranoid to go

Just got back from Stop & Shop to pick up pies. Just pies.

What a friggen nuthouse.
I had the Hannaford errand.....not bad at all....waited about 2 minutes in the self checkout....and got sent to get......OJ for breakfast tomorrow

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
He’s fading, but he’s still got his personality and a degree of playfulness. Will eat certain things - he likes cheeseburgers still which pains me to even write.

You can see how much this awful disease has stolen from him:

View attachment 771578
Poor Chibby and poor you. It isn't easy, hopefully he isn't suffering. I know you will do what is right when the time comes. It is so sad.

"Diss on my list"​

The Maples Leafs curse everything they touch....lmao!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad