OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
After my meeting that starts in 20 minutes I will be in coast mode. I've been working on a project for weeks now non stop and quite frankly, I need a break plus I need information from others to complete the last 2 items on my to do list.

What drives me crazy are the people who suddenly need something 3 minutes before you log off for the holiday. Sorry but you should have asked sooner.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
What drives me crazy are the people who suddenly need something 3 minutes before you log off for the holiday. Sorry but you should have asked sooner.
For me it's when we send them all a reminder that it's going to be a compressed week due to the holiday so everything for payroll needed to be submitted by an 11 AM deadline Monday, and everyone starts calling at 3:30 PM about how they need to make a correction or submit a status change. Too late, we told you 11 AM.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
For me it's when we send them all a reminder that it's going to be a compressed week due to the holiday so everything for payroll needed to be submitted by an 11 AM deadline Monday, and everyone starts calling at 3:30 PM about how they need to make a correction or submit a status change. Too late, we told you 11 AM.
The sad part is that these people never learn and some will go up the chain until they find someone who will say yes.

I don’t envy payroll at all.

Reactions: hrdpuk

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I hesitate to share this but here it goes. My (half)Brother died last weekend of heart problems caused by vein injury and infection in his knee. We were both lone wolves and only moderately close because of it, but I am still sorting through it.

He was one of a kind. Rough but kind, full of conspiracy theories, and dry, sometimes off-color, jokes. He worked mainly as a handyman, but was also a very good artist who sold his stuff for fifty or a hundred a pop....People would see work he did as a hobby and say "How much? I have to have it." Unfortunately, he did not have the confidence to paint and draw full-time. imo

I request prayers for my sister who was very close with my brother, and has other serious things on her mind and heart.
As for me, i tried to call him more the last few months, and I am glad I did. I can't feel his presence anymore, which I sort of used to. I wish him godspeed. May he rest in peace.
I'm very sorry for your (and your sisters) loss. How old was your brother?
I just spent the day in the hospital. I've been having torn hamstring/ meniscus issues with my left knee (2 year ago it was the right knee).
To my slight surprise I mentioned to my dr that the calf was hot, swollen and very sensitive. Being a heart patient/and stroke survivor I was worried about clots. He sent me right in to the hospital for an Ultrasound. Turns out it was a cyst that burst in the knee and Phlebitis/blood clot. Even though it's several inches long it's not in the major vein so I was sent home with Xarelto. When I saw your post I was a bit shocked by the similarity.
I too will pray for your sister and you.
I was really sorry to read this, and wish you and your a peaceful Thanksgiving and my deepest condolences. Message me any time bro!

Last edited:

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I just spent the day in the hospital. I've been having torn hamstring/ meniscus issues with my left knee (2 year ago it was the right knee).
To my slight surprise I mentioned to my dr that the calf was hot, swollen and very sensitive. Being a heart patient/and stroke survivor I was worried about clots. He sent me right in to the hospital for an Ultrasound. Turns out it was a cyst that burst in the knee and Phlebitis/blood clot. Even though it's several inches long it's not in the major vein so I was sent home with Xarelto. When I saw your post I was a bit shocked by the similarity.
I was really sorry to read this, and wish you and your a peaceful Thanksgiving and my deepest condolences. Message me any time bro!
Thank you, I hope you heal well and quickly. I am glad you are getting quality care. My brother took his time about it, and had just gotten on Medicare after it happened. I talked to him a few times, and I do not think he got good care. He had visiting nurses, but little medication that I knew of, and they did absolutely nothing with the infection.
He was 65, he had other problems as well, which frankly seemed more threatening. Have a happy Thanksgiving. Take care of yourself.

Last edited:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Glad you're okay.

Reactions: Gordoff

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
My opponent this eve kids

Imma dust this absolute milkbag

@Mione134 this one’s for you

IMG_2640.jpeg

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Had my post op appointment today. Stitches were removed and I was cleared to remove the compression sock on my left leg and to take a regular shower. I start outpatient physical therapy next week :wally:
Progress

Rest up!

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I need someone to scientifically explain to me why it’s so hard to get up and get moving on work days but not days off

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Is winter over yet
It hasn't begun here - no snow yet this season! My FB memories show storms over the years on this day with 25 cm (10 inches) falling several times. I miss it! I want to start my Christmas baking with the snow coming down and Christmas music playing but I can't get into it, glass of wine on the counter in a festive glass to sip. Bring me the snow!!!!!!!

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
A little rant too, this used to be my view from the kitchen window as I baked - now it is a brick wall because they let someone build on the lot next to us that was supposed to be too small for a house. Who you know in the township gets you special privileges...grr. Last name happens to be Wideman, yes that family ;)
1700656971367.jpeg

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
I need someone to scientifically explain to me why it’s so hard to get up and get moving on work days but not days off
Or why sleep when you’re not supposed to be sleeping is the deepest sleep ever

A little rant too, this used to be my view from the kitchen window as I baked - now it is a brick wall because they let someone build on the lot next to us that was supposed to be too small for a house. Who you know in the township gets you special privileges...grr. Last name happens to be Wideman, yes that family ;)View attachment 771459
That’s so annoying

Reactions: caz16

mjhfb

Easier from up here
Dec 19, 2016
A thousand miles from nowhere
After my meeting that starts in 20 minutes I will be in coast mode. I've been working on a project for weeks now non stop and quite frankly, I need a break plus I need information from others to complete the last 2 items on my to do list.

Hang this up:
1700658465631.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad