OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
A balmy 66 here today. Planted an entire raised bed plus a small pot with 2 varieties of garlic: Montana giant and California. I really hope I get some garlic this year.

Reactions: caz16

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Ladyfan knows this but tapped a guy on the arm yesterday. Most innocuous thing and he turned and cold cocked me. Threw another as I was like 'what the f***?'. As I turned to walk away he caught me again in the shoulder which aches today.
I'm no shrinking violet and can take a punch but it was so f***ing random that I didn't know how to respond.
Too many people are angry.
Some 6'4" 240lb decently dressed dude.

Glad he never had a knife and that it was me and not my gal,kids or someone else.

Wow that's terrible. Glad you're ok. What's the context for this, if I may ask? Any obvious reason why this guy may have been amped up?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So yesterday morning I spilled a full glass of iced tea on my open laptop. I dried it as best I could but it is dead.

I just purchased it last Spring at Best Buy. I was first in line when they opened at 9 this morning.....no open appointments until noon tomorrow. I spoke to the young guy who works there for the Geek Squad. He looked like Linus U.

I have an appointment tomorrow.. He thinks it will be dead forever. One good thing is that I took out a plan that covers it and will get a full refund and no charge for service....2 to 4 weeks though.

I am so annoyed at myself. I hate using the cell phone.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
So yesterday morning I spilled a full glass of iced tea on my open laptop. I dried it as best I could but it is dead.

I just purchased it last Spring at Best Buy. I was first in line when they opened at 9 this morning.....no open appointments until noon tomorrow. I spoke to the young guy who works there for the Geek Squad. He looked like Linus U.

I have an appointment tomorrow.. He thinks it will be dead forever. One good thing is that I took out a plan that covers it and will get a full refund and no charge for service....2 to 4 weeks though.

Yeah, she’s done. Look at the bright side of having gone with a good warranty. 2-4 weeks but then the annoyance of getting things the way you like, as well. That is a real bummer Susan.

Reactions: caz16

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Wow that's terrible. Glad you're ok. What's the context for this, if I may ask? Any obvious reason why this guy may have been amped up?
No idea. I have spent much of my life in downtowns and seedy areas so have a pretty solid situational understanding. This was out of the blue. I know a few women through my kids soccer that work in that area that have mentioned how they feel much less safe because of random violence growing over the past couple years but I hadn't really seen it. I don't want it to change my interactions with people down there so will slough it off... but unexpected. I'm not a crazy homeless guy, ... I was going to an art show in the middle of the day and got turned around... said 'excuse me, do you know...' and punched.
Random act of senseless violence.

p.s. Is that you supporting LQR? I saw Aussie Bruin. I should as it's fun to watch sometimes.

I've done that a few times. Usually with me it's because I'm always outside, I'll go in for some reason and leave my laptop on the deck and it'll start raining. I've been cheating out on them lately as I think my wife might rightfully smother me in my sleep if I destroy another $2k laptop a few months in because I forget it rains in Vancouver.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

In the "I could have used that advice yesterday" department, I only use a cup with a cover when using my laptop. I can be a bit of a clutz and have been known to knock over my water / ice tea on a regular basis.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
My uncle passed away in his sleep last night.

He was 91. I feel very, very sad. But I feel sort of at peace knowing he went in his sleep and is now reunited with his wife. Just an unexpected type thing.

I don't know what else to say really. Just wanted to say something. Life is just short. And time is not enough.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

He was 91. I feel very, very sad. But I feel sort of at peace knowing he went in his sleep and is now reunited with his wife. Just an unexpected type thing.

I don't know what else to say really. Just wanted to say something. Life is just short. And time is not enough.
May the Lord bless him and keep him;

May the Lord make His face to shine upon him and be gracious unto him;

May the Lord lift up His countenance upon him, and give him peace.

Amen.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

my condolences.

Reactions: Mione134

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Newton, MA.

It happens.

You probably have Best Buy Total, which is good coverage.

I have wanted to throw my present laptop, as well as my cell phone, out the window.

Many, many times.

No idea. I have spent much of my life in downtowns and seedy areas so have a pretty solid situational understanding. This was out of the blue. I know a few women through my kids soccer that work in that area that have mentioned how they feel much less safe because of random violence growing over the past couple years but I hadn't really seen it. I don't want it to change my interactions with people down there so will slough it off... but unexpected. I'm not a crazy homeless guy, ... I was going to an art show in the middle of the day and got turned around... said 'excuse me, do you know...' and punched.

p.s. Is that you supporting LQR? I saw Aussie Bruin. I should as it's fun to watch sometimes.

I've done that a few times. Usually with me it's because I'm always outside, I'll go in for some reason and leave my laptop on the deck and it'll start raining. I've been cheating out on them lately as I think my wife might rightfully smother me in my sleep if I destroy another $2k laptop a few months in because I forget it rains in Vancouver.

It rains in Vancouver?

Reactions: b in vancouver

Aussie Bruin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

LQR as in the Bruins YouTube guy? I'm aware of him, but I've never commented on the channel or anything like that. Must be some other Australian Bruins fan. There's a few around!

Reactions: b in vancouver

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Sorry for your loss.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

Sorry for your loss. Your outlook about it is spot-on though.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sorry for your loss. Your outlook about it is spot-on though.
Thanks Pete. You know I try my best. It keeps getting harder to put things in perspective. Then I remembered this article about my uncle and realized, how lucky I was to have him for 91 years. I never realized he had these surgeries.

Really puts it all into perspective.

Last edited:

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

Sorry to hear this, hoping his 91 years of life were filled with contentment and love, that’s all that really matters:rose:

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Sorry to hear this, hoping his 91 years of life were filled with contentment and love, that’s all that really matters:rose:
Up until he went into the hospital 2 days ago (his choice), he lived alone, drove when he wanted to (all his choice haha), and was still cutting hair. Crazy to think this all happened suddenly. It was like he was ready to go and was granted what he wanted. Peaceful. No pain. Nothing. I guess that's the best thing anyone could of asked for.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Up until he went into the hospital 2 days ago (his choice), he lived alone, drove when he wanted to (all his choice haha), and was still cutting hair. Crazy to think this all happened suddenly. It was like he was ready to go and was granted what he wanted. Peaceful. No pain. Nothing. I guess that's the best thing anyone could of asked for.
its the best one can hope for.

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
I hesitate to share this but here it goes. My (half)Brother died last weekend of heart problems caused by vein injury and infection in his knee. We were both lone wolves and only moderately close because of it, but I am still sorting through it.

He was one of a kind. Rough but kind, full of conspiracy theories, and dry, sometimes off-color, jokes. He worked mainly as a handyman, but was also a very good artist who sold his stuff for fifty or a hundred a pop....People would see work he did as a hobby and say "How much? I have to have it." Unfortunately, he did not have the confidence to paint and draw full-time. imo

I request prayers for my sister who was very close with my brother, and has other serious things on her mind and heart.
As for me, i tried to call him more the last few months, and I am glad I did. I can't feel his presence anymore, which I sort of used to. I wish him godspeed. May he rest in peace.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad