OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I hesitate to share this but here it goes. My (half)Brother died last weekend of heart problems caused by vein injury and infection in his knee. We were both lone wolves and only moderately close because of it, but I am still sorting through it.

He was one of a kind. Rough but kind, full of conspiracy theory and dry, sometimes off-color, jokes. He worked mainly as a handyman, but was also a very good artist who sold his stuff for fifty or a hundred a pop....People would see work he did as a hobby and say "How much? I have to have it." Unfortunately, he did not have the confidence to paint and draw full-time. imo

I request prayers for my sister who was very close with my brother, and has other serious things on her mind and heart.
As for me, i tried to call him more the last few months, and I am glad I did. I can't feel his presence anymore, which I sort of used to, and I wish him Godspeed. May he rest in peace.

Im so sorry for you all and your loss.

Reactions: quietbruinfan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I hesitate to share this but here it goes. My (half)Brother died last weekend of heart problems caused by vein injury and infection in his knee. We were both lone wolves and only moderately close because of it, but I am still sorting through it.

He was one of a kind. Rough but kind, full of conspiracy theory and dry, sometimes off-color, jokes. He worked mainly as a handyman, but was also a very good artist who sold his stuff for fifty or a hundred a pop....People would see work he did as a hobby and say "How much? I have to have it." Unfortunately, he did not have the confidence to paint and draw full-time. imo

I request prayers for my sister who was very close with my brother, and has other serious things on her mind and heart.
As for me, i tried to call him more the last few months, and I am glad I did. I can't feel his presence anymore, which I sort of used to, and I wish him Godspeed. May he rest in peace.
Sorry for your loss QBF. He sounds like quite a character. May his memory be a blessing.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Somebody needs to tell TSN that Green Day is NOT a Canadian band.

1700442990840.png

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

So sorry for your loss. Relationships are complicated

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts

Be assured of my prayers for you, your sister and your brother.

Send me a message if you want to talk.

I am so very sorry for your loss, brother.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

So sorry for your loss

Reactions: quietbruinfan

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617

My prayers are with your sister and you. No matter what or how you are sorting through your feelings. Family can be complicated. But I will pray for you too to find clarity through all of this.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
In the past I have signed my name on important documents as “Jed Clampett.” So often apparently, that I had been entered into “the system” as having an alias. For example:

rfournier103
DOB - XX/XX/XXXX
Address - XXXXXX
Known aliases - AKA: JED CLAMPETT.

This came up in a job interview once, and thankfully my interviewer was a fellow Westfield State Fighting Owl who had the means and authority to delete that from my record. I had no idea it was even in there! I’ve told that story here before. I suppose the biggest lie you can tell someone is that you’re actually someone else. I’ve told some whoppers in my day, but I’d say that’s the biggest.
This reminds me of Gilmore Girls and Squeegee Beckenheim

• Haha
Reactions: rfournier103

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
My uncle passed away in his sleep last night.

He was 91. I feel very, very sad. But I feel sort of at peace knowing he went in his sleep and is now reunited with his wife. Just an unexpected type thing.

I don't know what else to say really. Just wanted to say something. Life is just short. And time is not enough.
Comforting Blessings to you ....

Comforting Blessings to you also....

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Not mad about staying cozy at home prepping for thanksgiving on Wednesday.

I love a rainy fall day.

Reactions: GordonHowe

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Still feels surreal that my uncle is gone. He was such a great man. If you knew him, you loved him. I will miss him so much.

FB_IMG_1700515586450.jpg

FB_IMG_1700515588782.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Thinking about getting a Fitbit....just need something basic for tracking steps.

Any suggestions?? Android only please..
I had a charge 2, or 3, to register steps and get a Health insurance discount. The steps were very accurate, but i must be insanely out of shape because it was super generous with giving me “active minutes”

Overall, if you just need a step counter there is no need to get the latest and greatest. The only gripe on the older Fitbit charge models, the adjustments you make are all on a phone app and can be clunky and limited. Things like which exercises can be selected on the watch, the default display, the order of certain menus, etc. just a pain in the ass to tweak

Reactions: eightspokedb
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad