OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
This is insane

"According to Metro Nashville Police Department data in 2022, 159 Kias and 122 Hyundais were stolen. So far this year, 999 Kias and 797 Hyundais were stolen, which is a 528% increase in Kia thefts and a 553% increase in Hyundai thefts.

According to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, the increase in thefts comes after a viral TikTok highlighted the lack of an anti-theft protection device."

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
IMG_7102.jpeg

…and now my husband puts the kitchen back together

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I left both my work and personal planners at home and I really wish I had brought one of them. I do have an hourly notepag that works well for work but there is just something about an actual planner that can't be replicated even with lists and sticky notes.

My aunt does the same types of checklists and keeps them on the fridge for every holiday or party she hosts.

Reactions: hrdpuk and Kate08

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This is insane

"According to Metro Nashville Police Department data in 2022, 159 Kias and 122 Hyundais were stolen. So far this year, 999 Kias and 797 Hyundais were stolen, which is a 528% increase in Kia thefts and a 553% increase in Hyundai thefts.

According to the National Highway Traffic and Safety Administration, the increase in thefts comes after a viral TikTok highlighted the lack of an anti-theft protection device."
I've heard of some insurance companies refusing to insure Kia/Hyundais or a certain model year because of this. Luckily, my Kia doesn't have the same ignition as the ones getting stolen, but I've just been waiting for that letter stating my policy is being cancelled

Reactions: BMC

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
What a nightmare for travelers - highways and bridges closing. I hope it is not terrorist related but they seem to be acting as if it is a serious threat.

Reactions: sooshii and hrdpuk

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I've heard of some insurance companies refusing to insure Kia/Hyundais or a certain model year because of this. Luckily, my Kia doesn't have the same ignition as the ones getting stolen, but I've just been waiting for that letter stating my policy is being cancelled
Apparently there is a software upgrade but a random person is still going to break into the car and likely damage it in the process before they discover it has the upgrade.

I'll be honest, that was one reason I didn't look at Kia or Hyundai when I was car shopping a couple weeks ago.

hrdpuk

Fossa
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
Kentucky
Will be just the wife and I at Thanksgiving dinner . We decided not to travel to friends or relatives this year.
Going to talk about all the things we're not supposed to talk about. We agree on 99% of stuff .The 1%
we don't agree on is about who is right about the 1%.
I won't recite the Thanksgiving poem that disturbs some folks ,not my wife.
Fact is we're having thanks dinner today and leftovers tomorrow.
Peace on earth
Native Americans deserve better.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
What a nightmare for travelers - highways and bridges closing. I hope it is not terrorist related but they seem to be acting as if it is a serious threat.
I really hope it isn’t terrorist related. They are saying there are obvious airport impacts.

Reactions: caz16

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

"Sources" at a high level are saying it was terrorism. Apparently they tried to drive it into the customs office before it blew up.

Reactions: caz16

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I have zero interest in traveling anywhere for holidays these days. Travel is a nightmare and it's just not enjoyable.

Who needs all that stress? Not me.

Reactions: hrdpuk

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Apparently there is a software upgrade but a random person is still going to break into the car and likely damage it in the process before they discover it has the upgrade.

I'll be honest, that was one reason I didn't look at Kia or Hyundai when I was car shopping a couple weeks ago.
it's absurd how quick it happens.

Also a totally reasonable decision to shy away from a particular vehicle when you are shopping. It's not being paranoid, or frugal, or anything else. It's being level headed and doing your due diligence!

Reactions: hrdpuk

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
None of this is surprising if you are paying attention to would events unfortunately.

These terrorists don't want Israel to exist. They don't want Rome to exist. Spain. America. They want the world.

They're saying it on tv. It's in the manifestos. Wake up people.

Be alert and be aware. Keep living your lives, but be aware.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
None of this is surprising if you are paying attention to would events unfortunately.

These terrorists don't want Israel to exist. They don't want Rome to exist. Spain. America. They want the world.

They're saying it on tv. It's in the manifestos. Wake up people.

Be alert and be aware. Keep living your lives, but be aware.
I think most of us are aware that hate is growing in the world but we can only do so much. The task forces are the ones we have to trust will get to the information before the plans come to fruition. I wouldn't want that job. What scares me are the people who will blame everyone from a specific religion and paint them all with the same brush, making matters worse.

Reactions: NeelyDan and hrdpuk

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Reuters is reporting that initial U.S. Customs and Border Protection assessment suggests incident at US-Canada border crossing caused by reckless driver whose actions resulted in a crash and fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad