OT - NO POLITICS We’re on to Thanksgiving

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Put this sum’o’gun in today just in time for thanksgiving

Attachments

• 3F05C6C4-4ED5-4ADF-BF97-B26727E1CFD1.jpeg
    3F05C6C4-4ED5-4ADF-BF97-B26727E1CFD1.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: sooshii

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Update: no free pie this year.

Free Bundt cake instead. I went with chocolate chocolate chip. My favorite is peppermint chocolate chip but that wasn't one of the options. Still tasty though.

View attachment 771744
Their funfetti is my favorite! I take out the plug of icing and usually only eat 1/3 of it. i always have to have one when I am here in OK

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. . . . Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I spent half of my life in the Navy travelling everywhere and anywhere. As a good Sailor, i would always go to the seediest areas in any city we visited. The only place I ever felt scared and or intimidated was in East Hastings, Vancouver. The homeless are just too aggressive.
That's really interesting. I'll have to think about that. I'm not surprised by it but ...?

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Drove the hour home to an empty house after wrecking a ham with the kids. I polished off a bottle of OJ straight out of the bottle, because it’s my house and nobody was there to tell me no. There was a French fry at the bottom of the bottle.

Happy thanksgiving

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
We had a small Thanksgiving day for the kindergarten kids at our school where we taught them about the pilgrims and Plymouth Rock. The kids also get to bring food for a little meal where they all share what they brought. Except instead of them eating mashed potatoes, yams, turkey, and gravy they got to eat Pizza Hut, KFC, McDonalds, and cupcakes.

It's kind of funny how while the food changes, the sentiment still stays the same and the kids get all excited about it.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
We replaced our mattress - the old one was about 20 years old. We put it off because we actually had bought a new one several years ago but it ended up in the spare room because it hurt our backs more than the old one. My neck and shoulder hurt for months after, so I was very reluctant to do it again.

Hubby put the old one out front for large pickup garbage day on a rainy day this week, so it was damp as well. A guy stopped and asked what was wrong with it - hubby told him that it was old, torn in one spot and was hurting our backs because it was sagging. He said he needed a new one because his back was hurting, asked if he could have it. Hubby talked him out of it but seriously, I realize money can be tight but..... Also, it had been in our garage for a few weeks, probably full of mice...lmao!

Reminds me of the Seinfeld episode with the chair!

Reactions: Ladyfan

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Since I lost both of my parents over the last two years, the Bruins losing games doesn't bother me nearly as much. I guess it put everything in perspective. I still have emotional highs and lows but it is now very brief. More to life.

Right now, I am listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan and enjoying a glass of wine. The Bruins lost, not the end of the world. I hope I see another Cup win in my lifetime.

NeelyDan

Spot-Picker
Sponsor
Jun 28, 2010
Dundas, Ontario
Since I lost both of my parents over the last two years, the Bruins losing games doesn't bother me nearly as much. I guess it put everything in perspective. I still have emotional highs and lows but it is now very brief. More to life.

Right now, I am listening to Stevie Ray Vaughan and enjoying a glass of wine. The Bruins lost, not the end of the world. I hope I see another Cup win in my lifetime.
You are one of my very favourite posters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad