WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
This team is heading toward not being good enough to make playoffs, not bad enough to get a top draft pick. I rather have a GM and an owner that admits that major mistakes happen and try to fix them by blowing them up then plowing forward and ignoring glaring issues.

Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA all went through that and no one blames them, on the other and Minnesota would became Oilers 2.0 ..likely would

This is Leipold's fault. He put the pressure on Fletcher to ice a competitive team immediately. They skipped proper rebuild steps. It's showing.

You can also talk about 'business models' all you want. Wild are in an entertainment industry, but choose to be the most boring team out there. That is the exact opposite of the proper business model for this league, from the owner's perspective. But it gets wins, which is okay with the GM. There's more than one way to skin a cat.

Panthers is doing excellent :) through a proper rebuilding.

I think people are overreacting (besides Wild is going to be swept again), this team only needs a 1st C, he doesn't have to be elite - just capable. Granlund can play winger and Koivu is still going to be a great 2nd C many years.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Pittsburgh, Chicago, LA all went through that and no one blames them, on the other and Minnesota would became Oilers 2.0 ..likely would

Chicago and Pittsburgh aren't the best examples...Pittsburgh almost lost their team until they got Crosby to save the franchise. Chicago could barely get 10k in a 20k+ capacity building until their 2010 cup run.

There was a lot of fan apathy going on in both towns when the chips were down...hence all the memes about Chicago fans not even knowing there was a hockey team in town prior to 2010.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
Bertschy joined SUI for the World Championships I think.

That's right. He's also signed through 2018 so not necessarily done... just seemed weird not have him join the Aces, but I guess it was nice of the Wild to release him early for Team Switzerland.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
So sad how we don't really care anymore and there's no buzz surrounding the first home playoff game of the season :( and I don't blame anyone for not being up for it either...

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'll be there, so hopefully their play ends up changing my mood. I've only had fun at the X like three times in 2016 (Chicago, Colorado...uhhh..yeah).

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
with the heart and soul out of the lineup it's tough. as bad as vanek can be, I do miss him on the ice. You'd be lying if you say otherwise.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Screw it, we should just discuss the game in this thread. A gdt almost seems like it would be too good for this team.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Damn, we held them to 16 shots??? Wow.

Really, where the hell was THIS Wild in games 1 and 2??

Still, suddenly we're not at all in trouble because apparently the old "you're not in trouble until you lose a game at home" rule applies instead of the "oh crap this losing streak is never going to end" rule.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad