WCQF: Wild vs. Stars Series Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Bipolar team for sure. Tonight, they fought. Previous 2-8 games....yuk. Pylons.

They need tonight's crazy energy for Game 4.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It was really pretty crazy. I didn't get to watch game 2, so I can't comment on that game, but the team I saw tonight was COMPLETELY different than what we saw in Game 1.

Granlund was excellent tonight.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Granlund was the only player carrying a torch for the team coming in, he continued his great play, glad to see the rest of the team finally join him!

The Enemy Within

Holl at .6 seconds
Feb 25, 2014
West of the SOH
I really didn't think we would come back after being down 2-0 in this game. Could we maybe come back after being down 2-0 in the series as well? I don't think we can, but they have proven me wrong before.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
Looks like shortening the bench from the opening face-off paid off for Torchetti. Hopefully the top guys can handle the increased load because we're going to need them to continue to play big minutes. Klingberg got exposed in his own zone quite a bit. Gabriel did his job, played short shifts, finished checks and didn't do anything stupid. Don't see why we'd take him out if we're only asking for 6-7 minutes of hockey out of him and giving Granlund more time, as Granny looks like he can handle it(over 22 minutes going 100% almost all the time).

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Granlund was the only player carrying a torch for the team coming in, he continued his great play, glad to see the rest of the team finally join him!

If Granlund had a somewhat decent shot he'd be an NHL playoff star. Always has that extra gear come playoffs.

Randy BoBandy

Cheeseburger Party
May 9, 2011
Sunnyvale
They started to complete passes through the neutral zone and were able to maintain possession into Dallas's zone. Finally. They had not done it the entire series.

I liked Granlund, Jones, Pommer, Haula.

Did not like Suter or Coyle as much as I usually do.

O ya Gabriel almost scored. That would have been hilarious.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
The best parts of Granlund's play tonight was his hustle and willingness to throw the puck to the net instead of forcing a pass

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
If Granlund had a somewhat decent shot he'd be an NHL playoff star. Always has that extra gear come playoffs.

He's been one of the hardest working players all year. He's everything we could've hoped he be without the puck on his stick. On his stick there's still alot to be desired.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Not just this game, Granlund had 7 shots on goal in game 2, but he was playing on an island that game as nobody else showed up.
He has Zero points so far this post season,that simply is not good enough.Trying hard and having heart are meaningless without tangible results to back them up.Watch those 7 shots in game 2 again and pay attention to the amount of time he took to get them off,you simply will not score very often in this league when you take that long to get the shot off.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He has Zero points so far this post season,that simply is not good enough.Trying hard and having heart are meaningless without tangible results to back them up.Watch those 7 shots in game 2 again and pay attention to the amount of time he took to get them off,you simply will not score very often in this league when you take that long to get the shot off.
You can't hate on the ONLY player to even get scoring chances IMO. I was too busy hating on Zucker the turnover machine that game.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
You can't hate on the ONLY player to even get scoring chances IMO. I was too busy hating on Zucker the turnover machine that game.

Well someone on the Wild actually scored a goal in game two and it was not Granlund,and Zucker actually had an assist on that goal.Go back and take a good honest look at those shots,shots like that rarely go in at this level.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Amazing! Didn't see the game, just watched goals. Loved their reactions! Pure joy and happiness. Players' been under a heavy mental load too. Hope this one opens some locks. So relieved.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well someone on the Wild actually scored a goal in game two and it was not Granlund,and Zucker actually had an assist on that goal.Go back and take a good honest look at those shots,shots like that rarely go in at this level.

Look at points per game for both players and tell me Granlund can't play yet Zucker can.

Nobody ever said Granlund will score 30, but he could score 20 one day, and he's a great passer. We only want him to shoot more to make him less predictable and he's doing just that.

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City
Look at points per game for both players and tell me Granlund can't play yet Zucker can.

I am not a huge Zucker fan at all and never have been.Granlund has spent the majority of his time playing with the Wilds top players whereas Zucker has spent much more time playing on the third and even fourth lines so I am not sure that is an even comparison.The fact that he puts up more ppg than another player who has also been a massive disappointment this year does not impress me all that much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad