Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Good luck tonight guys.

You've been fun to watch this series and have a nice future ahead. Coyle, Kuemper and Granlund have especially impressed me and I know you have more good young prospects on the rise.

And don't let some of the chirping between the two sides give you a bad taste in your mouth in regards an entire fanbase. To be honest, I think most Avs fans are pretty good and respectable people. Playoffs just tend to bring out the worst in people.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
Good luck tonight guys.

You've been fun to watch this series and have a nice future ahead. Coyle, Kuemper and Granlund have especially impressed me and I know you have more good young prospects on the rise.

And don't let some of the chirping between the two sides give you a bad taste in your mouth in regards an entire fanbase. To be honest, I think most Avs fans are pretty good people. Playoffs just tend to bring out the worst in people.

I know it has in me.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I just know, at some point, I wanted someone to break MacKinnon's nose. Yes, I'm a terrible person.

00xtremeninja

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
^like making his nose look like Adam Foote's ski slope of a schnoz?

and broken nose is nothing too bad to feel bad about. I often find myself hoping for broken knees. but that applies to more than just sports stars. Still waiting for Kim Kardashin to roll and snap an ankle in an obnoxious pair of shoes

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA

and broken nose is nothing too bad to feel bad about. I often find myself hoping for broken knees. but that applies to more than just sports stars. Still waiting for Kim Kardashin to roll and snap an ankle in an obnoxious pair of shoes

Dude, you always take things way too far! :biglaugh:

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

LOL :biglaugh:

Don't forget having Dustin Brown "accidentally" knee her and having Raffi Torres "accidentally" knock all 10 lbs of makeup off her face with a nice elbow :nod:

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
A huge portion of the Avs fans have given no respect to the Wild. I understand that respect must be earned, but in a series, aside from the 2nd period in game 2, where the Wild have been the better team, it was shocking to read the tomes of posts on how the Wild are terrible and dirty and Wild fans are a bunch of whiners.

That did not happen with the Hawks last year. There was a lot of mutual respect going both ways.

Not much respect for the Wild from the NHL, either. Not a mention on their website of the blown calls. Today's blog has this gem about the Wild losing leads at the end in the two games: "The common denominator between the two has been the presence of a sixth Colorado skater." No dude, the common denominator is that your blind refs were guilty of two of the most blatant non-calls you could conjure up. A second or two before the tying goal in game 1, Brodziak is viciously cross-checked to the ice from his position where he might have been able to block Stastny's shot. Seconds before the tying goal in game 5, you get the no-call on the hold on Coyle. The NHL hasn't had the guts to admit there's a problem here with the way the game is called. The NBA stood up and admitted to a bad call a couple weeks ago - admitted that a call that cost a team a game should have gone the other way. The NFL has done the same. The NHL might have the top players in the sport, but it's run like a minor league.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Not much respect for the Wild from the NHL, either. Not a mention on their website of the blown calls. Today's blog has this gem about the Wild losing leads at the end in the two games: "The common denominator between the two has been the presence of a sixth Colorado skater." No dude, the common denominator is that your blind refs were guilty of two of the most blatant non-calls you could conjure up. A second or two before the tying goal in game 1, Brodziak is viciously cross-checked to the ice from his position where he might have been able to block Stastny's shot. Seconds before the tying goal in game 5, you get the no-call on the hold on Coyle. The NHL hasn't had the guts to admit there's a problem here with the way the game is called. The NBA stood up and admitted to a bad call a couple weeks ago - admitted that a call that cost a team a game should have gone the other way. The NFL has done the same. The NHL might have the top players in the sport, but it's run like a minor league.
Yep. What nobody is saying is that you don't normally get 'blown' leads like the Wild have had in games 1 and 5 because the winning team General gets an empty netter or the other team gets a penalty trying to stop an empty netters. That happened with the Wild, just the refs didn't do their job.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Yeo: "I wasn't concerned with match ups tonight"

Loved it actually...the Wild are a much deeper team...they used it to their advantage. We've seen when the Wild stick to the main game plan, the Avs are given all they can handle. The Wild's worst enemy has been the Wild all series long.

StickSalute

Jun 17, 2013
Dear Avs:

I'll let you look up the full version, which gets a little explicit, but is so perfectly appropriate

J22*

The Wild have a chance to become the first team in the history of the NHL to win 6 games in a 7 game series

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Must say. I'm actually proud of this team. They look tired, they play bad at times. They can't control everything, but they don't give up. This is playoffs baby!

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I'm already deeming this year's playoffs as successful no matter what happens tomorrow. The players who should be good have been good, with possibly the exception of Moulson, we've taken the series to game 7 and have played good hockey for the most part. Even if we lose the series, their play won't leave a bad taste in my mouth and it feels like this team has taken a step forward.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
i was a miserable lump until the second EN goal went in, now i'm pumped for game 7! first day this month i'll be able to drink a beer while watching the game, couldn't come at a better time.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm already deeming this year's playoffs as successful no matter what happens tomorrow. The players who should be good have been good, with possibly the exception of Moulson, we've taken the series to game 7 and have played good hockey for the most part. Even if we lose the series, their play won't leave a bad taste in my mouth and it feels like this team has taken a step forward.

If they lose game 7, I feel that is a choke. We choked away two games. This series should already be over if not for bungling away those two games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad