Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Nino was a BEAST through the whole game. Our future is bright. Coyle= beast. Granlund = beast. Hell, even Haula= beast.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
If they lose game 7, I feel that is a choke. We choked away two games. This series should already be over if not for bungling away those two games.

I don't really see it that way. The Wild have lost all games played in Colorado so far, Roy is not a dumb coach and knows how to exploit his right for the last change. I don't see it as a coincidence that all games have been won by the home team. I would argue that we've been the better team overall in this series and even the games we've lost have been tight for the most part and we've played pretty well even on the road, but you don't get extra Ws for that. If Roy can outcoach Yeo in Colorado again, we will lose and deservedly so.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
I don't really see it that way. The Wild have lost all games played in Colorado so far, Roy is not a dumb coach and knows how to exploit his right for the last change. I don't see it as a coincidence that all games have been won by the home team. I would argue that we've been the better team overall in this series and even the games we've lost have been tight for the most part and we've played pretty well even on the road, but you don't get extra Ws for that. If Roy can outcoach Yeo in Colorado again, we will lose and deservedly so.

Game 1 - 2 terrible giveaways in the 3rd, gift wrap the game to the Avs.

Game 2 - we got beat, no chance.

Game 5 - give away a 3rd period lead, lose in OT.

I'm sorry, I know you have to pile on Yeo around here to be cool, but I don't see how he was outcoached. It's the Brodziaks and the Spurgeons who will ultimately cost us the series if we lose Game 7.

Last edited:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

When you give up one lead with 13 seconds left and another with 1:14 left...you choked away two games you should have won...plain and simple.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
There's a difference between choking away a game, and being hosed by the ref.

Imo it's a weak excuse to blame the refs for your own failure to keep the tying goal out of the net when you still had the opportunity to do so but screwed it up.

Missed calls happen, the best teams deal with it and win in spite when they have that same chance.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Imo it's a weak excuse to blame the refs for your own failure to keep the tying goal out of the net when you still had the opportunity to do so but screwed it up.

Missed calls happen, the best teams deal with it and win in spite when they have that same chance.

This times a gadillion.

Bullrun

Jan 22, 2007
No time to be timid or indecisive. Wild have a shot at taking the series with one win, and they know they can win. This is doable, stay strong on the puck, fight ur ***** off...time to do something...we're not done.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
The blame falls on the players who couldn´t keep a lead in the dying minutes and failed to score an empty net goal.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
I'm not a big fan of word momentum used so much in sports. But man, did you guys see Brodz blow past MacKinnon last night? That was all momentum right there.

We are taking that momentum right down to Denver and beat the living dip and hot sauce out of the Avs with it. Right? RIGHT?

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
The best part of the game was when LaPanta explained the Avs' neutral zone trap:

"Here's three guys, here's one... and there's the last one."

You'd get a hilarious clip if you collected all the LaPanta info moments together.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sure glad I tuned into KFAN this morning so they could gloss over the Wild game in order to cover VIKINGS MINI CAMPS!!!! :rant:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
whether we win or lose game 7 i think the future looks bright. imagine if all our young players keep learning & are 20% better next year? if we get rock steady goaltending? maybe pickup one or 2 key players like a vanek or a niskanen? WOW just WOW!

Kari Takko

Jun 6, 2010
North Metro, MN
1972490_10152019446030986_3946497428297242633_n.jpg

STPallDAY

Apr 11, 2014
Sure glad I tuned into KFAN this morning so they could gloss over the Wild game in order to cover VIKINGS MINI CAMPS!!!! :rant:

KFAN is a joke when it comes to hockey coverage, several of their radio show hosts have openly admitted they hate hockey, they'd rather talk about how much the twins suck and what LeBron ate for breakfast yesterday. Surprisingly, the one who gives the wild their deserved coverage is PA, and he's the vikings commentator!

SunDin

Dec 22, 2008
Only thing I hate with this team at the moment is Matt Moulsson, he is f***ing useless. Heatley looks 2 times better.

Love to, Nino, Granny, Coyle, Parise!
Also gotta say, Brodziak 2 last games have been great!

Nino with the GWG in game 7 ;)

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
What a difference this year vs. Last year. This year we have a legit chance to win, and I would argue have outplayed their opponent. Last year was embarrassing .

Still do not like Poms on PP point. He is way too careless with the puck, and I don't see any great shots or plays coming from him to make him worth the risk.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
That main board thread just gets more ridiculous the longer it's open. Apparently now Wild fans are classless. :shakehead

Loved the battle last night as we didn't turtle up in the 3rd and kept attacking. I really really hope they push that same attitude in COL on Wed night because if we do we have a rematch date with the Hawks in our future!

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Our series with the Avs is the only series so far in these playoffs where the visiting team has not won a game.

Let's change that tomorrow night.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
Parise now with 10 points...MacKinnon with 10 points...Is Parise the next Crosby? :sarcasm:

Too bad he's a playoff choker.. At least in the games that matter :sarcasm:

The best part of the game was when LaPanta explained the Avs' neutral zone trap:

"Here's three guys, here's one... and there's the last one."

You'd get a hilarious clip if you collected all the LaPanta info moments together.

Avs don't trap, though. Only the Wild, sorry.

To be fair (been listening since 7am), I thought they did a good job today compared to other days. 85% was Wild talk, especially after Mark Rosen joined. The other 15% was Vikings talk. All things considered (what's going on at the moment vs. what keeps listeners from changing the station/$$$), I thought the coverage was pretty good today.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

If those balls are from a knee hockey set, I have the same balls on my table ;)

KFAN is a joke when it comes to hockey coverage, several of their radio show hosts have openly admitted they hate hockey, they'd rather talk about how much the twins suck and what LeBron ate for breakfast yesterday. Surprisingly, the one who gives the wild their deserved coverage is PA, and he's the vikings commentator!

I know. The thing that kills me is KFAN just signed a new extension to cover the Wild for the next three years, but since the majority of their DJ's know nothing about hockey, they just skip over it. It's just sad that Vikings practice in freaking April seems to take priority over a Wild playoff win to force Game 7.

Thank God for Mileski, Micheletti and the occasional Lou Nanne appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad