Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I'm expecting tomorrow to be extremely emotional in the arena. I hope they do handle it better than most of us as fans have done.

kfan22

Jun 20, 2012
:dunno:

I still think the fans will be very hostile toward the officiating (as they should be). This might be the most hostile crowd in quite a long time in Minnesota.

I think that may be a benefit to the Wild more than Yeo or Players bashing officiating. I remember Jacques always wanted our crowds to intimidate refs into getting more calls for the Wild like some other fans/buildings around the league

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Please don't post the Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche Game 5 NHL Fan Department of Referee Accountability YouTube video.

Some users have found this video offensive. If anyone wants to discuss this matter, send me a PM.

Thanks for understanding.

Last edited:

Mubiki

Jan 10, 2013
So the national commentators also said the Wild got jobbed in game 5. They were talking about it during the Stars - Ducks game. I don't know why, but that kind of makes me feel better.

INTOTHEVOID

Go right.
Jul 9, 2012
Minnesota
So the national commentators also said the Wild got jobbed in game 5. They were talking about it during the Stars - Ducks game. I don't know why, but that kind of makes me feel better.

Everyone knows it, but what can you do? Nothing.. if it would have happened the other way we would have taken the win but maybe not been thrilled about it..

Regardless refereeing is a huge variance in the NHL right now, sometimes things like game 5 happen, and you just have to deal with it.. all you can do.

Gotta look to game 6, it's actually a must win.

GinoLucia2217

Great Plains
Dec 1, 2013
Probably Minnesota
This is the only photo I could find but judging from this it appeared that Stastny was onside during the infamous offside play
it-was-offside-and-they-missed-the-call-says-wilds-suter-of-avs-tying-goal

The official ruling is that the offensive zone extends as far back as the back end of the blue line (the part touching the neutral zone) so the puck would enter the offensive zone as soon as it touches the blur line. But Stastny can be as far in the offensive zone as he wants as long as part of his skate is touching the blue line.

If someone were to be able to find a gif or a video of it that would be great so I could see it, because this is all from speculation that Stastny's skate would be on the blue line.

Of course something should have been done with the scuffle of Coyle in the first place.

Edit: I was wrong see my later post regarding the play.

Last edited:

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I'm truly disgusted with the main board Avie fans on this site. I read through the series thread and the officiating thread that was started yesterday, and it was a big mistake. No intelligence at all, just 20 pages of teenagers trying to tell people that the Avs weren't offsides on the winning goal. :shakehead

J22*

This is the only photo I could find but judging from this it appeared that Stastny was onside during the infamous offside play

The official ruling is that the offensive zone extends as far back as the back end of the blue line (the part touching the neutral zone) so the puck would enter the offensive zone as soon as it touches the blur line. But Stastny can be as far in the offensive zone as he wants as long as part of his skate is touching the blue line.

If someone were to be able to find a gif or a video of it that would be great so I could see it, because this is all from speculation that Stastny's skate would be on the blue line.

Of course something should have been done with the scuffle of Coyle in the first place.

Nope

J22*

Oh dear god. Rosen let Dater on Sports Sunday with Russo

Best part of the interview was Russo asking Dater to explain Offside in his paper so he wouldn't have to keep explaining it to Avs fans on twitter.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is there a video of the Russo/Dater thing tonight? I didn't get to watch it live and my friend said it's pretty funny

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010

If you don't know the rules, don't post. This nonsense has to stop and now we have Wild fans spreading make up rules. Seriously.

Cluttered

Jul 16, 2012
Saskatoon, SK
sigh.
i haven't given myself a chance to digest this game. kept busy since the moment it ended.
this has been an insanely frustrating season, but even if it all ends in game 6, i am both proud and optimistic.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
sigh.
i haven't given myself a chance to digest this game. kept busy since the moment it ended.
this has been an insanely frustrating season, but even if it all ends in game 6, i am both proud and optimistic.

This season has had tons of ups and downs. I don't think fans had cup expectations but i'd really like to see us win this series so I feel like the team took the next step. The team has surprised us several times this year when their backs were against the wall. I hope they can find the energy to do find their way through a tough situation one more time.

STPallDAY

Apr 11, 2014
I don't think they were offsides at on that goal, it may have been close, but I don't think any ref could properly process something so close at such high speeds, unless they were Neo from the Matrix.

That Coyle hold however ...

Kezaster

Apr 29, 2013
I hope the big guys get even better(Coyle,Koivu,Nino). It was amazing to see how much problems Coyle caused for the Avs, at times it seemed like only thing they could do is to hold onto the guy with two hands. I'm certain we'll take game 6.

Sort of a big worrie for me was that Suter to me seemed tired. Like he had to really work for every stride, I could be imagining it tho. He was on the ice for most of the goals tho.

Kuemps I think still looks good can't really put much blame over the two last goals. I thought he was moving around so well it looked like the avs were shooting pucks against a wall with no holes.

The game 5 was the best of the series so far, even tho we lost with a very small margin. I still think we can take this, and I even expect a certain allstar to appear in the goal sheet before the series end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad