Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
NHL network cares **** all about the west and even less about us.

They never had good analysis when I was able to watch them back when I had DirecTV

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Our inability to close out those games is the real issue here. As much as refs aren't supposed to be influencing the outcome of games, we obviously can't be relying on them for any help. How we can let those last second goals happen not once, but twice in a series is ridiculous. We shouldn't even have to rely on the empty netter. We've given up more 6 on 5 goals this series than we've given up PP goals. Not sure how that happens in the freaking playoffs, but that needs to be fixed for sure. We are letting Colorado win this series.

Wild need to Win on Monday then learn from their mistakes and actually take a game in Denver. Disgusting that we really should've already won this series if not for TWO late minute collapses.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
I'm concerned that the Avs got a huge confidence and momentum boost from last night's win. As a Wild fan I'm pretty upset that we've blown two late-game leads in this series. Last night's game was our chance to steal a road game, and we failed, partly because of refs, partly because we **** the bed.

Agreed, officiating should be better. Bad officiating for both teams has hurt a great series overall, imo.

Agree, without bad officiationg (both ways) this would've been an amazin series so far.

Yeah but you could make the SAME argument that Minny had a huge confidence and momentum boost after 3 and 4. Still a good series though overall I must say, and I must stress I'd be saying that regardless of where the series stood. Some outstanding goaltending both ways and a couple of scary young centers in Granlund and MacKinnon to watch tear up the ice. On a sidebar I remember Bob McKenzie getting all stoked about this Charlie Coyle kid way back at his draft day trade, now I see why. Can he take the night off tommorrow? :laugh:

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
NHL network didn't even bother to show the missed penalty. Unreal.

I'm sure the league is completely embarrassed, so they don't want to talk about it. Gutless, though, to not state the obvious. NBC just said how bad the no-call on Coyle was in their pre-game talk for today's Rangers-Flyers game. The team and its fans got royally robbed.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
I'm sure the league is completely embarrassed, so they don't want to talk about it. Gutless, though, to not state the obvious. NBC just said how bad the no-call on Coyle was in their pre-game talk for today's Rangers-Flyers game. The team and its fans got royally robbed.

The NHL will never publicly admit bad officiating. Their PR department would never allow it. The series supervisor probably let the refs know they blew it and that will be it. The neutral fans weighing in that we got screwed is the only "feel good" thing we'll get out of it. Life goes on.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Definitely helps the NHL more to talk about a thrilling comeback by The Next Sidney Crosby (gag) than it does to talk about their own **** up tainting the game. So what do you expect?

(Also, I'm really looking forward to the forced Pens-Avs rivalry in a few years.)

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Definitely helps the NHL more to talk about a thrilling comeback by The Next Sidney Crosby (gag) than it does to talk about their own **** up tainting the game. So what do you expect?

(Also, I'm really looking forward to the forced Pens-Avs rivalry in a few years.)

Colorado to the Eastern Conference (e4)

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul

Even Sportscenter was on the Mackinnon bandwagon last night. I think i've heard "can you believe he's only 18?" about a trillion times during this series. Basically the NHL marketing to non fans in any market "Look at this young superstar, buy his jersey, cheer for his team, watch them win the Stanley Cup. can you believe he's only 18!? Please pretend you care about our sport!"

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
NHL doesn't care about hockey, they care about their product. It's not a conspiracy, just business. And if there's an error in their product, they're the last ones who'll admit it.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
After the game I was just stunned. Then slept few hours, now I feel angry and betrayed. I read some news, looked around a little bit and choose to stay away from the main boards. Far away.

Other news, I haven't had a proper Swedish enemy for a long time. But Gaby Landy, I hereby dislike you as a hockey player as much as I can (or bother). Why? Just because. It's almost pity that I don't know him personally. Se we have no chance to take our relationship to the next level (on the other hand.. it would be too laborius and I'm a lazy person in the free time).

Yes, bitter I am. And it is exhausting.

Refs? No, I don't even start.

Me too, I'm still pissed. I really hate Landeskog, that dumb kid acts almost like Dustin Brown. He'll get his eventually.

Don't bother with the main board thread, because it's filled with 13 year old band wagon fans who are around because the Avies suddenly have talent.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
The stupid defensive shell we go in lost us the game just as much as any blown call.

It was like we were on a PK for the last 8 minutes of the game. Just trying to clear the puck over and over again.

WildGopher

Jun 13, 2012
NHL doesn't care about hockey, they care about their product. It's not a conspiracy, just business. And if there's an error in their product, they're the last ones who'll admit it.

This is exactly right. There's no conspiracy; the league just doesn't care about anything but the bottom line. They're the wrong people to be guardians of the game, because right from the top - Bettman and his crew - they don't give the first d*** about the sport. It's just a business, and if you happen to care about the sport, you're going to be disappointed. I agree with the previous poster - much more enjoyable to follow youth hockey and college hockey. A lot less expensive, too.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Me too, I'm still pissed. I really hate Landeskog, that dumb kid acts almost like Dustin Brown. He'll get his eventually.

Don't bother with the main board thread, because it's filled with 13 year old band wagon fans who are around because the Avies suddenly have talent.

That's a good advice. It took me few hours before it started to feel ok again. It'll turn better during the day.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
(OP updated)

[MOD]

Avs fans, keep in mind that this is the Wild board and any inflammatory posts will be considered trolling. Wild fans, do not reply to inflammatory posts; report them.

Thank you.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
(OP updated)

[MOD]

Avs fans, keep in mind that this is the Wild board and any inflammatory posts will be considered trolling. Wild fans, do not reply to inflammatory posts; report them.

Thank you.

Thank you for this. All day I've been almost covering my eyes as I read posts on our board out of fear that an Av fan is going to be trolling. This should be our safe haven so thanks for staying on top of it.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
I still feel quite empty. ****ing Brad Meier.

Although I am just now starting to think this a bit more. We had a powerless play less than 5 mins before the end of the game and we couldn't convert. We had the keys to win the game but shat our collective pants, yet again. It's not all the refs fault, we just have to be better if we want to take this series home.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
I'm really getting tired of seeing our players get pushed around with no response from the Wild. Twice this series Koivu has gotten into wrestling matches, one with Mackinnon and one with Landeskog, and he lost them both. We need more fight from this team. I really hope Nino can continue to develop, become more of an offensive threat. Because this team could really use his physical play in the top 6. Don't see much changing for the Parise - Granlund - Poms line. Granlund keeps getting pushed around, with no one around to push back.

And when Mackinnon has the puck, PLAY THE BODY!! His OT goal, both Spurgeon and Scandella had an opportunity to hit Mac, but both chose to wave their stick at the puck. I'm tired of seeing an 18 year old kid make this team look bad. Is he skilled? Yes. But he's 18! If it's this bad when he's only 18, how bad is it going to be when he older?

SwimToTheMoon

Wild fan in WPG
Sep 5, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The Wild have shown they are able to jump back up when at the low of the lows. Colorado had all the momentum after game 2, yet the Wild completely shut them down at home. I'm not too concerned about game 6 as I feel it's a forgone conclusion there will be a game 7.

Minnesota is taking the correct approach going into game 6 and not dwelling on the blown calls. Gotta move on and get ready for the next one.

I still feel sick about what happened last night, but it is what it is. Time to take game 6 and go for a winner takes all game 7.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Sure hope our shooters realize that if we want to beat Varly, they better shoot high or make him move laterally. I think most of our goals have come from high shots, deflections, or moving across the crease.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Really glad that went uncalled. ^

Both players messing around, and could have easily been called for different things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad