Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
If the same officials are on the ice I would expect no less than a 10 cent beer night / disco demolition grade crowd.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Bad luck in the end and some bad d plays by the Wild in the game. But that's hockey, when given a chance, you got to kill the game.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Our complete inability to get an empty net goal has killed us this series.

What do we have like 1 empty netter all year?

WILDTATE10

Jul 24, 2005
I find it absolutely hilarious how some Avs fans bring up broken sticks on goals we scored as if that's anywhere near the same thing as extremely obvious missed calls

Paul Bunyan

Jul 5, 2012
Land of Ice and Snow
www.flickr.com
I honestly wonder if the crowd will be able to muster the same energy as they did for games 3 and 4. This is an absolutely gut wrenching loss and probably guts fan morale.

I'm going to Game 6, and I was at Game 4. It will be therapeutic to scream and swear at everyone and everything after this past game. That anger and hurt will be set on a boil for quite some time.

If the rumors are true though, and somehow with no discernible reason it's the same crew, and things go wrong like they have been I think it's going to get really ugly really fast, and not just your run of the mill despondent depressed Minnesota sports fan quiet.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Lots of horse **** from the refs. Landeskog's a pathetic little Swedish punk, what kind of a punk attacks people from behind and goes punching away? You could've given Koivu a penalty for what he did before that, but when ge got punched from behind, he didn't do anything that would've been worth of a penalty.

Our complete inability to get an empty net goal has killed us this series.

What do we have like 1 empty netter all year?

It's like Yeo just wants them to focus on holding onto the lead instead of putting the puck into the empty net. It's been that way for ages. Some teams, like the Avs, are also very very good at playing without the goalie. If you're not more aggressive when their net's empty, you're going to get ****ed.

Last edited by a moderator:

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
After the game I was just stunned. Then slept few hours, now I feel angry and betrayed. I read some news, looked around a little bit and choose to stay away from the main boards. Far away.

Other news, I haven't had a proper Swedish enemy for a long time. But Gaby Landy, I hereby dislike you as a hockey player as much as I can (or bother). Why? Just because. It's almost pity that I don't know him personally. Se we have no chance to take our relationship to the next level (on the other hand.. it would be too laborius and I'm a lazy person in the free time).

Yes, bitter I am. And it is exhausting.

Refs? No, I don't even start.

Last edited:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Series isn't over yet. I hope the guys come out pissed in the next game.

Hope dies last, gentlemen.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Maybe you're right. Enough is enough, it doesn't change anything. Time to stop this pity party.

Even every Stanley Cup champion have gone thru difficulties. You just can't win 16 games in a row without troubles. Curse? There's no such thing. History? It's no made by us or even these players. It's a thing of a past. Thing is that winners go thru and past this kind of stuff. No matter what they throw at you.. bad refs, slushy ice, dirty plays, calls and non-calls, bans, angry fans, forks and torches, flame throwers, tanks, gary bettmans, dragons, rocks and mountains, bears, yetis, rabid mother-in-laws.. you just don't care. You go and win. In your face attitude.

There's no curse. Curses and history are only in our heads, in our minds. In players' minds. Just ignore it and be ready to run through the brick wall. That's how you can win something one day. Of course it's still possible to lose, ok **** happens. But if we only feel sorry for ourselves, we surely get what we deserve.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This team can´t score an empty net goal to save their lives...

We would have won the series, 4-1, if they could do something that should be fairly easy. That is the sick reality.

How on earth does Yeo not make sure that what happened in game 1 doesn't happen again like it did last night? Granted, the refs made sure the Avs scored but still. I do not understand this.

The fact of the matter is the refs screwed us last night. The endless number of posts from neutral fans stating as much proves that more than anything else. But no matter how much we complain about it, it doesn't change anything. All we can do is fight like hell to win at home and get it back to Colorado. The hockey Gods just might be on our side and we get this done. No one wins anything without fight. Our guys have to come out again with tons of fight and we'll see what happens. I am now convinced if we win game 6, we win game 7.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Two things I wish they were doing better:

Getting physical with all three letter wearers. The most blatant non calls have been by their leadership core. McKinnon is just playing his game.

Clearing the zone when they have an EN. Yeo is playing PK style hockey in the defensive zone. And that has costs this team 2 games and the series over right now.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN
Via John Kriesels twitter

@johnkriesel: That would suck. RT @RadioFalness: Unconfirmed but caught wind it could be same ref crew for game 6. Can't see how nhl could let that happen

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

@johnkriesel: That would suck. RT @RadioFalness: Unconfirmed but caught wind it could be same ref crew for game 6. Can't see how nhl could let that happen

If that is the case and they miss the calls they did against Colorado, I will be fully convinced this was an inside job. That is just getting too blatant.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland

It'll be fun, or something. Hopefully home crowd gives them a warm welcome. Before the game and during the game. But this also tells me, that NHL itself isn't worried about creating / preventing conficts. If they bring the same crew to the Xcel, hope it was a wise decision in the end.

Last edited:

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN

those refs were horrible. phantom call on granlund bumping goaltender? suter not holding the puck in on the PP? coyle handcuffed not allowing a shot at an empty net? offsides to score the game tying goal? im shaking my head the nhl doesnt fire bum refs like these guys. we should not have allowed that shorty & suter was a minus 4 i think didnt help our cause.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
You guys got ****in' robbed last night. I hate the Avs with a passion, hope you can come back and take the next two games. It's hard for an Oiler fan to cheer for you guys but I'm doing so whole-heartedly in this series! :yo:

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Series isn't over yet. I hope the guys come out pissed in the next game.

Hope dies last, gentlemen.

This.

Considering how each game has gone for the home team, can't say I'm too stoked as an Avs fan to head back into Xcel. :laugh:

I just hope we get some stronger and more consistent reffing, as I hate when game outcomes are closely connected to calls/non-calls. Which has happened both ways a few times already this series.

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
After sleeping off last nights game.....still bitter and upset.
If it's the same crew tomorrow the fans better release every ounce of frustration on them.
If normally wouldn't condone bad fan behavior but if those refs pull the same crap tomorrow and cost us the series there better be garbage on the ice. In reality this series could have been over 4-1. Should have been a hand shake line last night, not our playoff lives put on the line.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
This.

Considering how each game has gone for the home team, can't say I'm too stoked as an Avs fan to head back into Xcel. :laugh:

I just hope we get some stronger and more consistent reffing, as I hate when game outcomes are closely connected to calls/non-calls. Which has happened both ways a few times already this series.

I'm concerned that the Avs got a huge confidence and momentum boost from last night's win. As a Wild fan I'm pretty upset that we've blown two late-game leads in this series. Last night's game was our chance to steal a road game, and we failed, partly because of refs, partly because we **** the bed.

Agreed, officiating should be better. Bad officiating for both teams has hurt a great series overall, imo.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Agree, without bad officiationg (both ways) this would've been an amazin series so far.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Still feel like crap today.

I've got stuff today that's going to prevent me from watching much hockey.

Normally that would upset me but I feel like I need a hockey free day to recover from last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad