Post-Game Talk: WCQF: Minnesota Wild vs. Colorado Avalanche - Part II - WILD WIN GAME7!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
With the way our powerplay and even strength lines are set up, it's strange to see Granlund, Parise and Coyle doing so well, and Koivu, Moulson and Pominville not.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I think Koivu and Poms are fine just not showing up a lot on the scoreboard. If they start getting hot, the Wild can go deep.

JudgeJimmie

Oct 5, 2013
Rochester, MN
With the way our powerplay and even strength lines are set up, it's strange to see Granlund, Parise and Coyle doing so well, and Koivu, Moulson and Pominville not.

Umm Koivu has 3 Points in 4 Games... Tied for second on the team and more than Granlund. Not to mention his faceoffs and defensive game.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Umm Koivu has 3 Points in 4 Games... Tied for second on the team and more than Granlund. Not to mention his faceoffs and defensive game.

Our veterans have zero goals. Its great to see the kids step up and provide offense but we need some more insurance.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
I sing it at every game. At first I thought it would be cheesy, but honestly. I love it. I love its originality and how more people sing it now and it's something that will always be OURS.

I did the same thing when I was driving to move back here, I kept playing it over and over in my truck and it hit me hard.

Yes! Like you, initially I thought it'd be cheesy too. It's not, it's the best, it defines precisely what this state is all about when it comes to hockey. It is definitely ours to own. :D

I have seriously listened to it about 10 times today. :laugh: I also keep emailing friends the song and lyrics! :laugh:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I'm actually a bit surprised 12.7 rating is an all time high. Thought closer to quarter or more.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 3 min

Finally watched Bordeleau's attempted knee on Spurgeon with 7:12 left. That's the definition of intent.

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013
Moulson, Koivu and Pom's have been quiet in the scoring category. Moulson has been a flat out disappointment. Koivu is playing good hockey but would like to see him score a goal or two. Pom has been quiet lately but has two assists.

Moulson is like a Broziak right now, when he cant score he dosen't really do nothing and WHY OH WHY Heatley is on PP instead of Nino.

PP#2

Moulson/Haula-Granlund-Nino
Brodin-Spurgeon

Harvest

Nov 21, 2013

Finally watched Bordeleau's attempted knee on Spurgeon with 7:12 left. That's the definition of intent.

But hey we are talking about Avs, they wouldn't do that!

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
We are talking about players on the scoreboard but no one has mentioned Parise´s name? I guess he gets a free pass cause of his "battle level".

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley

But hey we are talking about Avs, they wouldn't do that!

Exactly right. They're clean and we're dirty. Bordeleau is about as clean cut as players come. Did the Avs even take a penalty during the regular season?

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
We are talking about players on the scoreboard but no one has mentioned Parise´s name? I guess he gets a free pass cause of his "battle level".

And because he is still making a difference. He's doing the things that don't show up on the scoresheet. Without him, this series would look very different.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
0 Goals just like players mentioned before in this thread.

tumblr_m5gxvqwNWb1rpzrywo1_400.gif

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
How does one practise scoring late in the game? I've always wondered this.

Also, I wish this matter of discussion was done already. Atleast I get that Barrie is a big piece for Avs' puck support but the result could be worse or better with Barrie in the lineup.

It's never going to stop being part of the discussion for us these playoffs. We could go as far as winning the cup and people will say its all because Cooke took out Barrie. :dunno:

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
It's never going to stop being part of the discussion for us these playoffs. We could go as far as winning the cup and people will say its all because Cooke took out Barrie. :dunno:

It isn't in the master plans? :sarcasm:

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
So it´s the battle level.

I guess. Are you looking to find something to complain about or..? I guess I don't get it. Honestly asking. The series has gone about as well as we could've hoped sans the 1st game collapse and Cooke suspension. Doesn't matter who scores the goals, so long as the team plays like a team and adjusts properly. At least IMO. There aren't any free passes, but when the team is doing what it needs to to win, I say just enjoy it and not look for a smudge on the overall painting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad