Series Talk: WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

Who wins in how many games?

• Dallas Stars in 4

Votes: 59 6.7%
  • Dallas Stars in 5

Votes: 211 23.8%
  • Dallas Stars in 6

Votes: 259 29.3%
  • Dallas Stars in 7

Votes: 45 5.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 4

Votes: 8 0.9%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 5

Votes: 15 1.7%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 6

Votes: 160 18.1%
  • Edmonton Oilers in 7

Votes: 128 14.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

VanOriginal

Jun 15, 2019
I must say the Oilers have surprised me with their play this round thus far. Especially Skinner, he had only that one bad game. The Oilers have played better than Dallas and deserve this lead. The last game to close out the series is the hardest. Dallas will be on full tilt the next game and game 7 if there is one. Best of luck to both teams.

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Wow, oilers smell greatness. Canadas team now. We need a cup up here. I think Betman wants mcdavid to lift it, in Edmonton. If we make the finals, have puck drop by old boys, one per game. Gretzky, Mess, Fuhr....let's go Canada ! Thanks to Edmonton and all our greatness

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
With Kane getting an assist on a Broberg goal the only Oilers players who are pointless in the series now are Holloway, Ryan, Carrick, and Desharnais.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Still a ton of hockey to be played. Hope they can close it out at home. Dallas is a damn good team, can't let them send it home.

Reactions: Luc Labelle

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
I had the stars in 4-5, this is seriously impressive from the Oilers.

grfy6l2aoqfb1.jpg

They have scouted well and outplayed the Stars for big chunks. This shows the beauty of playing the games because on paper it seemed tilted in the Stars' favour.

I think the Oilers will put them away in game 6 and get to a deserving final.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Guess we weren’t reading the same threads. There were definitely a few justify the first loss by saying the stars start slow but will pick it up.

Well technically they did start slow and then pick it up. Went up 2-1 after losing game 1

Ending slow now tho. No Stars fan was saying they'll easily win the next 4 tho lol. If they were they shouldn't have been

Reactions: Madap

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
Reading through the shitty sentence structure and based on your other comments, I can only assume this was a lazy attempt at a lazy comment.

Play with the sortings on this page...

I particularly loved this post about game 4:

Post in thread 'WCF | IV | "Ford The River" | Oilers vs. Stars | 5.29.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC' GDT: - WCF | IV | "Ford The River" | Oilers vs. Stars | 5.29.24 | 6:30PM | SN/CBC
The funny thing is, the Oilers have more goals from Stars PPs than the Stars themselves do.

The Oilers are PK Merchants :sarcasm:

BertMcDrai

Middle old guy loving sports
Nov 26, 2018
Sorry again, off topic question:

If I would buy (on Ticketmaster) a Game 3 or 4 final ticket with location in Edmonton and that game doesn't happen do I get my money back or what exactly happens?
Or do I lose the 200$ fees only?

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Alright I concede, ya'll can tell me to shove it up my hoop. The Oilers are actually beating a legit team and making them look like garbage. I was way off on that one thinking they'd get clapped.

Now if you'll excuse me I need a shower
Nice jinx attempt

• Haha
Reactions: JKG33

Norwegianoiler

Nov 17, 2014
This thread is now eerily reminiscent of the VAN-EDM thread after the Oilers went down 3-2, when many wrote the Oilers off entirely. A lot of fans are yet again treating game 5 as if it was game 7. The series isn't over, each game lives a life of its own. No doubt the Oilers put the choke on Dallas to get within a victory of moving on, but let's not pretend that the Stars are beaten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad