WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think the Oilers D can play well for long stretches, but overall I don't think you can say they're really good. Hell in all 3 games the Canucks won last series, the Oilers had led at some point in those games. I don't think a D that's really good would allow that to happen (even if Skinner is also a liability).

I dunno… the shots on goal and Hugh danger chances all point to goaltending… I think that has scared them sensible

Reactions: FiveFourteenSixOne

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
I get that but that presser didn’t really inspire confidence. He just looks really frustrated and lost and has no answers.
If he gets as pissed off as I do when we lose it's understandable. Calling out your players at this point does nothing. Telling the media what they are going to do the next game to fix things would be totally dumb and let the oilers coaching staff prepare. It's not like Dallas played bad. There is really nothing more to say. So its frustrating when Media asks dumb questions and then pile on with the same question over and over.

Reactions: iCanada

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Just tough to see the Stars winning game 6. Oilers really figured them out and are having no issues whatsoever getting out of their own zone. Not only that, but they're entering the Stars zone with ease as well.

I have no clue how the Stars can adjust, and not even sure they have the speed to adjust. One thing for sure is they need to somehow get more shots on Skinner and start winning the net front battles. Tons of loose pucks around that net off Skinner rebounds or blocked shots and Stars are losing every battle.

If the Stars are gonna win they need to keep Edmonton at 2 goals or less imo in each of these next 2 games. Hard to see McDavid/Draisaitl taking those games off though with the SCF right within their grasp. Last 2 games left us Stars fans with nothing to feel confident about. Super deep regular season team and some solid depth in round's 1 and 2, but too many guys haven't done anything at all in this round yet and time is running out. Tough to win without gamebreakers that's for sure

Also, no shots on goal for Hintz in games 4 or 5. Can't wait to hear what injury he has cause that's unacceptable.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I mentioned this earlier, but we will know pretty quickly in game 6 who is gonna win the game. Stars get absolutely dominated in games where they're eliminated. Similar to tonight's game, but even worse.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
lol ya. After that shitty start they still ended in the top third of the league for ga/gp.
We almost matched the crazy Winnipeg 2GA or less record. This is who we are now and it’s glorious.

I said maybe a week or two after Knob got here that the defence we are playing now is the defence that willl take us to the Cup. We’ve never had this under Woody, we’ve always fallen apart cause our defensive SYSTEM wasnt cup worthy.

Reactions: Coffey

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
I think the Oilers D can play well for long stretches, but overall I don't think you can say they're really good. Hell in all 3 games the Canucks won last series, the Oilers had led at some point in those games. I don't think a D that's really good would allow that to happen (even if Skinner is also a liability).
Good defense still get scored on, and part of what makes a defense good is how much offense they contribute. Preventing offense is only part of the job for a good defense, the other part is transitioning the puck, and jumping up into the play at good times. The Oilers play a great team structure, and our D are good at playing a simple, aggressive style to make good breakouts. Our top pair is amazing offensively.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Honestly Deboer derserves some tough questions his way, he's made pretty much no changes and keeps sending out his worst player for 17 mins a night and plopping him on the top PP unit.
View attachment 878143
He does the same thing with every team. He runs the same lines over and over. It's effective, until it's not. Then he can't adapt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad