WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Our defense is actually really good. It's really only Skinner that is a liability.
He’s barely had to face 20 shots most games and hasn’t had to steal any games outside of one kings game but even then shots wise while edm was severely outshot, the scoring chances were even. It was all from the outside. If they advance and it’s Florida, oh boy, he will need to be elite. Best forechecking team in the league who keep coming at you. Will be an interesting match up if it’s both teams.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He does the same thing with every team. He runs the same lines over and over. It's effective, until it's not. Then he can't adapt.

It's weird though. He changed the lines for the 3rd period in game 6 vs Colorado. Stars had nothing going, he changed the lines and we came back and won. He did it in the Vegas series too I'm pretty sure.

No clue why he didn't do it tonight when it was clear the team had nothing going. Just weird.

Reactions: CanadienShark

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
It's weird though. He changed the lines for the 3rd period in game 6 vs Colorado. Stars had nothing going, he changed the lines and we came back and won. He did it in the Vegas series too I'm pretty sure.

No clue why he didn't do it tonight when it was clear the team had nothing going. Just weird.
He probably did it by mistake. :naughty:

Rowlet

Sponsor
Oct 13, 2018
It was Vancouver and Calgary fans they were congratulating Dallas on a free trip to the SCF soon as the Oilers put Vancouver away.

It's absolutely not that simple, there were tons of people here saying that the Stars would "feast" on whoever won between EDM/VAN. Were there some salty Canucks fans? Almost certainly, but many of the comments came well before the series ended.

To be honest, with how the Stars have played so far, I think either team would have beaten then.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
It's absolutely not that simple, there were tons of people here saying that the Stars would "feast" on whoever won between EDM/VAN. Were there some salty Canucks fans? Almost certainly, but many of the comments came well before the series ended.

To be honest, with how the Stars have played so far, I think either team would have beaten then.
Entire site was calling Dallas the winner of the west before the Nuck Oiler series was over.

eviohh26

Dec 19, 2017
Victoria BC Canada
Nah this is a load of crap. Oilers have elevated their play big time and claiming Van could have won this series is hilarious. Oilers were half assing it until game 6 of the Van series and flipped a switch and haven't looked back. This series isn't over, but Edmonton has been on a level the Canucks never even came close to reaching. And the brain dead "haha Stars have a free trip to the finals" crew just shows how absolutely braindead the majority of this forum is. Most of the people here have next to zero hockey knowledge. In fact anyone claiming a team has zero chance in a series has no hockey knowledge and is just a brain dead donkey.
Game 7 1 goal game. How much closer can it be? OT game 7?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
To think Broberg could've like be had for a late 2nd or maybe even a 3rd a couple months ago.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Honestly Deboer derserves some tough questions his way, he's made pretty much no changes and keeps sending out his worst player for 17 mins a night and plopping him on the top PP unit.
View attachment 878143

That’s who Pete DeBoer is, the guy makes literally zero adjustments in the playoffs. Ask Devils fans when DeBoer coached them to the cup final in 2012.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
And based on regular season standing and the performance of both teams in playoffs it was a smart and logical prediction..

I would have predicted the same. Who knew Oilers depth , PK and Skinner would be this effective
Surprised us all.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Deboer won’t answer! But I want answers!

What’s up with that Dallas Stars character? f***in answer me f***!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad