WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I’d love to see a game 7 but oilers with a nice opportunity to close at home

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
In such a tight series as this, I'm sure a ton of fans would usually throw a cliche such as "whoever wins game 5 wins this series....."

But honestly? With these 2 teams, I don't feel that way at all. Obviously it's very possible that whoever wins game 5 will win, but I could see either Dallas and Edmonton easily come back from being down 3-2 to win in 7 still

Point is - this is far from over. I will predict Edmonton wins tonight though
Given what Dallas has shown over the last 5 games, I don't see it like this. Dallas, playing the way they have so far in this series is ripe for a 6th game loss.

Dallas will need to take the game from opening face off to last whistle to win game 6.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Fantastic game from the Oilers, just picking up where they left off. They have been playing amazing as of late, with only very short periods of low energy. EDM is the best team in the league, and they continue to show why. Not only do we have the best players in the world, but we have 4 lines and 3 pairs with solid identities.

albator71

Jan 12, 2010
CANADA
This has been a very good series. Hopefully it goes to game 7 OT.

I honestly thought Dallas would win in five. What is going on with them? They are not the same team who beat the Avs. Either they are exhausted or Oilers speed is getting to them.

They have the better goalie, D, and depth.
Just maybe Edmonton is better then Colorado, since the coaching change Edmonton has been one of the best team in the league. Right now the Oilers wants it more then Dallas, still one more game to win though, Edmonton knows that they were the one trailing 2-3 versus Vancouver and won game 6&7

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I'd say if Dallas loses this series, strip Benn of the C, but he only has 1 more left and then if he doesn't retire, bring him back, but he's not the captain.

Fledgemyhedge

Apr 24, 2014
bob
Fantastic game from the Oilers, just picking up where they left off. They have been playing amazing as of late, with only very short periods of low energy. EDM is the best team in the league, and they continue to show why. Not only do we have the best players in the world, but we have 4 lines and 3 pairs with solid identities.
main thing has been skinner has been playing nhl caliber. They have enough offence to bail out the defence but bailing out skinner + defence every night is a tall order.

rea

Feb 8, 2011
I stopped watching once van got knocked out, but I scoffed at the idea that it would've been a cake walk for Dallas like the majority was predicting before the edm van series was even over, I take a little pleasure in seeing ppl that make stupid predictions eat humble pie.

I do hope Dallas shows up, the bitterness in me feels like van would've been just as big a handful for the stars, so seeing edm up right now hurts. GL to both teams game 6.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
This has been a very good series. Hopefully it goes to game 7 OT.

I honestly thought Dallas would win in five. What is going on with them? They are not the same team who beat the Avs. Either they are exhausted or Oilers speed is getting to them.

They have the better goalie, D, and depth.
They have the better goalie, but, they don't have better D, and they have significantly worse top end players (like everyone). Ekholm/Bouchard is a much better pairing than anyone DAL can run out. EDMs top guns are just so much better than anybody else, that nobody can handle them.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Why bother making the trip back to Edmonton since Deboer is going to ice the exact same lineup?

Deboer likely gets fired this summer. The guy is getting badly outcoached by a doorknob.

I know the last two teams let you down, but this isn't over yet.

Game 6 is going to be a hard fought close game. Both of these teams are talented teams that deserve to be here, and Dallas is going to play a desperate game.

I hope the Oilers win, but come on, this is playoffs hockey. It's not over until you shaking hands. Unless you're trying to hit the reverse jinx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad