WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
It’s funny seeing them play the victim when they were on the Canucks nuts about pdo all season
PDO regression is still coming hard next year though. Should thank us for the warning and helping you not get your hopes up. Would have saved you some heartbreak a couple weeks ago too.

Reactions: Oilhawks

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
One of my favourite parts of the first 4 games of this series is scrolling past Flame fans on twitter obsessively watching Tanev and commenting on/cheering for him as if he was still a Flame. Looks like their media is doing the same thing.

"Tanev is ELITE! What a play by Tanev at the blue line, he owns McDavid!, etc."

Whenever I see it I step in with a canned "too bad your favourite player plays for another team now because the Oilers made the Flames the NHL's bitch" response. Haven't received a response yet, weird.
Probably because they are just cheering for a player that they came to like while he played for their team and for whom they continue to wish ongoing individual success (which is not strange at all), and you are being confrontational for no reason, so they are rightfully ignoring your bait.

• Wow
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
In such a tight series as this, I'm sure a ton of fans would usually throw a cliche such as "whoever wins game 5 wins this series....."

But honestly? With these 2 teams, I don't feel that way at all. Obviously it's very possible that whoever wins game 5 will win, but I could see either Dallas and Edmonton easily come back from being down 3-2 to win in 7 still

Point is - this is far from over. I will predict Edmonton wins tonight though

Reactions: LTIR

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Dallas should have found away to keep Hanley around, the team would be more comfortable with him out there.
Nill probably would have had to waive Nils, who he traded a 1st round pick for. Nils would have also been claimed.

The key to game 5 will be to play like shit for the first 10 minutes.
What if both teams play like shit

Pretty weird that this thread has devolved into being more about other teams that the teams that are still playing.

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
This has been a very good series. Hopefully it goes to game 7 OT.

I honestly thought Dallas would win in five. What is going on with them? They are not the same team who beat the Avs. Either they are exhausted or Oilers speed is getting to them.

They have the better goalie, D, and depth.

Reactions: Oak

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
In such a tight series as this, I'm sure a ton of fans would usually throw a cliche such as "whoever wins game 5 wins this series....."

But honestly? With these 2 teams, I don't feel that way at all. Obviously it's very possible that whoever wins game 5 will win, but I could see either Dallas and Edmonton easily come back from being down 3-2 to win in 7 still

Point is - this is far from over. I will predict Edmonton wins tonight though
Yeh this has been a series where momentum in games and between games does not exit. Both teams have blown leads and been unable to sustain whatever goodwill they have.

I've been pretty critical of Edmonton during the postseason. But I will day this. Whenever it looks like they are dead (After game 3, 5, of Van series and after game 3 here) they wish from the ashes. They have done very well with their backs against the wall.

In the end, I don't have much hope either beats Florida. Panthers appear to be the best team and it's their time.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Probably Edmonton's best game of the series. Finally got the PP scoring again, and really didn't get Dallas much at all through 2 periods, and then just played a solid, safe 3rd.

That 4th win is the toughest though.
And Skinner was a wall.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Why bother making the trip back to Edmonton since Deboer is going to ice the exact same lineup?

Deboer likely gets fired this summer. The guy is getting badly outcoached by a doorknob.

• Haha
Reactions: Duke74
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad