WCF: Dallas Stars vs Edmonton Oilers (EDM Leads 3-2)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SeanAveryTheGreatOne

Jul 4, 2021
images.png

Who y'all got?!

Dallas Stars (1C) vs. Edmonton Oilers (2P)

Western Conference Final

Game 1: Oilers at Stars -- May 23, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Oilers at Stars -- May 25, 8 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Stars at Oilers -- May 27, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Stars at Oilers -- May 29, 8:30 p.m. ET (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Oilers at Stars -- May 31, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Stars at Oilers -- June 2, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Oilers at Stars -- June 4, TBD (TNT, truTV, MAX, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ if necessary

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Sports2 and Tofveve

BurnabyJoe7

Not an Avalanche fan
Apr 12, 2019
Their defense and goaltending is still very suspect at times. But their offense is other-worldly- and McDrai aren't the only ones driving it.
I'll give you goaltending because stu is all over the map, but their defense has really turned a corner. The system they play will result in some breaks for the other team but they haven't given their opponents much in the majority of games these playoffs. Night and day compared to before bringing ekholm in at the TDL last year.
I absolutely do. The only thing I've been impressed with is their PK, but also equally unimpressed with Dallas' PP.

See unlike the casual fans here, I don't live and die with every win/loss. I have a little thing called conviction.

Were you actually impressed with the Oilers' last night? All I saw was a team that wanted to win more, not a better team.
Flawed conviction is accurate. Most stats and advanced stats will tell a story of the oilers being the better team but of course there will be an ignorant crowd performing some kind of mental gymnastics to say otherwise.

This series is still a coin flip and the oilers very well might lose, but most fans will tell you they feel way more confident than they did at this point in the Canuck series.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
He's blocked the most shots in the playoffs
Tough break with Tanev. Hope he’ll be alright. But have to say I’m not surprised, injuries are the story of his career and was the main reason i hated the idea of trading for him at the trade deadline. Maybe he should try defending with his stick instead of his thumb, finger, labrum, tibia, fibia, collar bone, ankle, foot, mouth, hip, face, etc etc etc.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
if tanev plays the oilers need to dump it in his corner and make him pivot and skate over and over and over. tough break for dallas he isnt healhty. when tanev left the series vs the flames a few years ago the oilers completely torched them. this oilers team is significantly better than that oilers team.

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
if tanev plays the oilers need to dump it in his corner and make him pivot and skate over and over and over. tough break for dallas he isnt healhty. when tanev left the series vs the flames a few years ago the oilers completely torched them. this oilers team is significantly better than that oilers team.
They brought him back when he was like 40% healthy out of desperation.
Every hit and scrum after the whistle left him wincing and visibly in pain.

I'm not a sadist, so I'd rather not see that again.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
They brought him back when he was like 40% healthy out of desperation.
Every hit and scrum after the whistle left him wincing and visibly in pain.

I'm not a sadist, so I'd rather not see that again.
Agreed. So they should sit him.

The Stars were already one of the top defensive teams before they acquired Tanev. They'll adjust and be fine.
Who comes in to the lineup if Tanev sits?

Reactions: Coffey

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I want to hate the Oilers. I really do.

But they're a good f***ing team.

Imagine if they had even average goaltending. This series would probably be over or, at worst, 3-1.

Both CF have been incredible fun to watch.

Skinner was very good the first 2 games of this series and kept the Oilers in those games at times. Thought he was arguably their best player through the first 2 games. One rough goal in game 3 but that's really it so far.

The Stars were already one of the top defensive teams before they acquired Tanev. They'll adjust and be fine.

Their team defense is good but now they're missing 2 of their top 6 guys which means 2 AHLers will come in. Can't afford that against McDavid/Draisaitl. Against other teams perhaps you could survive it but not against those 2 without Oettinger playing out of his mind

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Skinner was very good the first 2 games of this series and kept the Oilers in those games at times. Thought he was arguably their best player through the first 2 games. One rough goal in game 3 but that's really it so far.

Their team defense is good but now they're missing 2 of their top 6 guys which means 2 AHLers will come in. Can't afford that against McDavid/Draisaitl. Against other teams perhaps you could survive it but not against those 2 without Oettinger playing out of his mind
Accurate take on Skinner. More accurate than half the Oilers fanbase. So kudos to you.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

It could be worse. You guys could have Ceci playing big minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Porkleaker

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Long article but the TL:DR version.. if Tanev is out the Star's will have a Dman that couldn't crack the Oilers Top 6 (low bar for sure!) in their Top 6.

FTR.. I like Tanev, wanted him in my Oil and hope he's okay but this injury is something to follow.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

Long article but the TL:DR version.. if Tanev is out the Star's will have a Dman that couldn't crack the Oilers Top 6 (low bar for sure!) in their Top 6.

FTR.. I like Tanev, wanted him in my Oil and hope he's okay but this injury is something to follow.

One of my favourite parts of the first 4 games of this series is scrolling past Flame fans on twitter obsessively watching Tanev and commenting on/cheering for him as if he was still a Flame. Looks like their media is doing the same thing.

"Tanev is ELITE! What a play by Tanev at the blue line, he owns McDavid!, etc."

Whenever I see it I step in with a canned "too bad your favourite player plays for another team now because the Oilers made the Flames the NHL's bitch" response. Haven't received a response yet, weird.

Reactions: Gordian Knot

Belos

Dec 21, 2019
Edmonton Oilers

83 Nugent-Hopkins, 94 McDavid, 85 Hyman
77 McLeod, 92 Draisaitl, 75 Perry
77 Kane, 77 Henrique, 76 Holloway,
75 Janmark, 73 Ryan, 75 Brown
74 Gagner

86 Ekholm, 86 Bouchard
79 Nurse, 79 Kulak
78 Broberg(+), 77 Ceci
78 Desharnais

80 Skinner
80 Pickard

Dallas Stars

87 Robertson, 86 Hintz, 79 Seguin
77 Marchment, 78 Duchene, 79 Pavelski(-)
79 Benn, 85 Johnston, 79 Stankoven
75 Dadonov, 73 Steel, 76 Faksa

84 Lindell, 89 Heiskanen
83 Harley, 85 Tanev**
78 Suter, 76 Petrovic
77 Lundkvist

85 Oettinger
76 Wedgewood

Last edited:

smytty

Aug 1, 2015
Dallas should have found away to keep Hanley around, the team would be more comfortable with him out there.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
One of my favourite parts of the first 4 games of this series is scrolling past Flame fans on twitter obsessively watching Tanev and commenting on/cheering for him as if he was still a Flame. Looks like their media is doing the same thing.

Whenever I see it I step in with a canned "too bad your favourite player plays for another team now because the Oilers made the Flames the NHL's bitch" response. Haven't received a response yet, weird.
For some reason, Flame's fans don't like us.

I've enjoyed the narrative that their former D's will ruin our season

First it was Zadorov
Now it's Tanev

If only they knew we are capable of ruining our season's all by ourselves.lol

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver

It’s impossible not to love Tanev even after he’s left your team.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Flames are taking some serious hits these playoffs vicariously trying to be playoff relevant.

First Hanafin is out, so their pick doesn’t get upgraded.

Then Zadorov, another pick not upgraded.

And now Tanev may be out completely.

All while watching the Oilers continue their destiny. Man McDavid destroying their franchise in the BoA is really paying off.

Last edited:

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
For some reason, Flame's fans don't like us.

I've enjoyed the narrative that their former D's will ruin our season

First it was Zadorov
Now it's Tanev

If only they knew we are capable of ruining our season's all by ourselves.lol
Started with Big Save Dave. Could end with Special K (Matthew Tkachuk)

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad