OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
That quote jumps around a lot. Seems like he was about to go into what happened in their post-mortem but stopped short.

Suggests the stories about Irsay blaming the failure to make the playoffs on CW are likely true. All the players and coaches have supported CW.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

That’s less than the $1 billion that Virginia’s senators proposed at the start of this year’s legislative session, but far more than the $350 million contribution it appears Virginia will cross the finish line with.

The NOVA deal has changed as we knew it would.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Some brutal quotes in here. Nice work, Dan, you stupid f***.
When asked why, one State Senator, who asked not to be identified so that he could speak freely on the issue, said “Public reaction to this project has been underwhelming. With every passing day, it’s evident the team lacks gravity.”

In addition to dwindling ticket sales, the franchise continues to operate under the cloud of sexual harassment investigations by Congress and the NFL. And with Virginia planning to pay back whatever stadium bonds it sells using future tax revenue from a new stadium, that unnamed State Senator added “a lot of us have concerns that the team has the ability to stay viable for a decade. Or even, five years.”

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
London is my hope at #11. Im a little scared about our history picking tall WR. But 6'5 top WR is so tempting

what would be prefect is trading back and still landing him and picking up another 1st next season.
He was a monster in college. He actually separates well, because he's a deceptively good route runner, but his highlights are all contested catches, because well, he'd win those pretty much every time and that shit is impressive as hell.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
He was a monster in college. He actually separates well, because he's a deceptively good route runner, but his highlights are all contested catches, because well, he'd win those pretty much every time and that shit is impressive as hell.
Didn't he run slower than expected at the combine? That gives me flashbacks to a certain pick in the Gibbs era part 1. Sure that are receivers that have shown with the pads on they can be elite receivers. If he runs again will be curious the numbers. Also rookie receivers traditionally don't produce all that much their rookie year. Since it is pretty obvious Ron is only looking at next year would seem an odd thing to pick a receiver.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

So you have players and coaches praising Wentz but Irsay blasting him while claiming "veteran" players spoke to him in confidence about what was "really happening".

1648644364063.png

This is shady. He's never seen anything like that in his life...despite the Colts losing in Jacksonville something like 7 years in a row?

It seems like "veterans" on the team didn't like Wentz and they had Irsay's ear, and colored his perceptions.

1648644454530.png

What does this even mean? They traded him because Irsay wanted him to scramble less? What is this?

Wouldn't the coach have mentioned that at some point in the season?

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
I have no real interest in defending Carson Wentz. I just find myself more apt to believe in coaches and players willing to speak about him publicly than supposed players grinding axes privately and a zealous owner with every reason to defend whatever big move his team makes.

Regardless, I don't think that situation has much bearing on this one. If he was a problem in Indy, maybe he learned from it and rightfully sees this as maybe his last opportunity to start in this league. Maybe not. The owner talking shit doesn't sway me.

Last edited:

Drakon

Mar 31, 2014
Didn't he run slower than expected at the combine? That gives me flashbacks to a certain pick in the Gibbs era part 1. Sure that are receivers that have shown with the pads on they can be elite receivers. If he runs again will be curious the numbers. Also rookie receivers traditionally don't produce all that much their rookie year. Since it is pretty obvious Ron is only looking at next year would seem an odd thing to pick a receiver.
I don't think he ran at the combine.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
I don't think it would be too surprising to take a WR -- I think the "1st year WR low producer" thing has diminished in recent years. As for Ron's personal timeline, seems like he stepped out to get CW, and the best way to support that decision is to give him guys who provide the best chance to succeed -- and a second pass catcher is the biggest weapon they can give him.
At this point, I'm kind of torn. I can't recall us hitting on a 1st round WR since Monk, but I also think the team needs to finally field a professional offense -- both to improve their chances of winning games and to make them freaking watchable.
OTOH, MLB is a giant hole, CB is a need (and if Gardner and/or Stingley are available, you have to consider them), and if Hamilton is there, I think you stop giggling just long enough to send Goodell sprinting to the podium to grab him (though I'd be shocked if he lasted to 11.)

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Sounds like Colts owner hated Wentz because he had to miss 2 important games due to Non Vax and then lost to Jag Rags to miss the playoffs. I get it, missing out on all the playoff money bc Wentz didnt want a shot.
I think Wentz can be good. Taking a WR like London at #11 gives us 5 years of cheap WR talent to go with Terry (who will prolly be 20m soon). Wentz could end up being a steal for what we paid for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad