OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I find pretty much every radio personality in DC to be unlistenable. The Junkies continue to decline and a few of their personalities spend half their time on Twitter pushing crazy anti-vax nonsense, Grant Paulsen is insufferable, and I turn off 980/1067 almost immediately after turning them on in the rare occurrence I do tune in.

Anyone out there actually worth listening to? I feel like every outlet has forgone actual content or level-headed discussion so they can post edgy sound bites on Twitter for the likes.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I had a love/hate relationship with Czaban for years. Is he still on?

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
"Further, the team says it's sold more new season tickets in the last three weeks than in the previous three years"

Or, to put it another way, "In the last three weeks The Commanders sold 4 season tickets. And Carson Wentz has some cousins that live around here, so..."

arlcapsfan

Oct 3, 2015
I find pretty much every radio personality in DC to be unlistenable. The Junkies continue to decline and a few of their personalities spend half their time on Twitter pushing crazy anti-vax nonsense, Grant Paulsen is insufferable, and I turn off 980/1067 almost immediately after turning them on in the rare occurrence I do tune in.

Anyone out there actually worth listening to? I feel like every outlet has forgone actual content or level-headed discussion so they can post edgy sound bites on Twitter for the likes.
Kevin Sheehan …..that’s it.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Hopefully it’s to study Ritter. The team needs a credible QB prospect on the roster. Heine isn’t one.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Not far to go to improve from ZERO…..

Yeah the team that turned a 50 year waiting list and season tickets being passed down in wills or fought over in divorce, into a total "can't give em away" scenario should probably STFU about how many they sold recently. Its embarrassing the lack of self awareness the entire franchise has.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I wonder if they take a QB early or not. They’ve been saying that Wentz is their guy and they want him here for the long haul and they believe in him moving forward and he’s their undisputed QB1 and all that… what happens if they draft a QB is rounds one or two? Is it a distraction for the team? How would the coaches put the necessary effort into both getting Wentz up to speed on the playbook and breaking in a highly-drafted rookie? Is Ron going to be willing to stand up there and answer questions about the QB if Wentz struggles and the calls for the rookie start happening?

I would think this is a smokescreen to get someone to panic and trade up but who knows.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
I’ll be pretty upset if we don’t draft a number one wide receiver. I would be open to trade back if you don’t want another Ohio State guy who’s number one ranked

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I wonder if they take a QB early or not. They’ve been saying that Wentz is their guy and they want him here for the long haul and they believe in him moving forward and he’s their undisputed QB1 and all that… what happens if they draft a QB is rounds one or two? Is it a distraction for the team? How would the coaches put the necessary effort into both getting Wentz up to speed on the playbook and breaking in a highly-drafted rookie? Is Ron going to be willing to stand up there and answer questions about the QB if Wentz struggles and the calls for the rookie start happening?

I would think this is a smokescreen to get someone to panic and trade up but who knows.
I will be PISSED if they don’t take one in the 2nd round or higher…..

They should be signaling to all NFL teams, that “Wentz/Heiny is their tandem, and we can focus on building around them”…….then you take the best damn QB available at 11 (or in the 2nd)…..depends on what unfolds in front of us..?

They should already be discussing with Wentz that‘s a possibility, that we need depth at the position and his role is secure, but nobody lasts forever.

that said…..I think they‘ll F it up. They’ll use the high picks for other parts, then take a scrap QB in the 4th or later and pray….

Reactions: g00n

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida

I think that the only thing that maybe changed after getting Wentz is the whispers about us trading up to get the QB we want. Not sure many were speculating that we might, but I think that's definitely off the table now. So it'll most likely come down to what's on the board at 11. If they like one that falls to them, why not take him? It's not like our QBs haven't been getting hurt in recent years, and Wentz has to know that as much as Rivera may like him right now, that his recent past underscores our need for insurance. I'm not worried about hurting his feelings.

That said, with Wentz in-hand, it'd also be silly to pass on a gamechanger at any position. I'd be less apt to take on a QB project (none of the 3 are locks to be stars IMO) if a more likely star at another key position was there.

:dunno: Hard to guess what we'll do.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I think that the only thing that maybe changed after getting Wentz is the whispers about us trading up to get the QB we want. Not sure many were speculating that we might, but I think that's definitely off the table now. So it'll most likely come down to what's on the board at 11. If they like one that falls to them, why not take him? It's not like our QBs haven't been getting hurt in recent years, and Wentz has to know that as much as Rivera may like him right now, that his recent past underscores our need for insurance. I'm not worried about hurting his feelings.

That said, with Wentz in-hand, it'd also be silly to pass on a gamechanger at any position. I'd be less apt to take on a QB project (none of the 3 are locks to be stars IMO) if a more likely star at another key position was there.

That’s MY lone scenario for taking a guy in the 2nd….if there is a 10 year star potential guy at one of a few positions, I could see passing on QB in the 1st.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

I think the board will likely dictate what's happening and a trade down seems like a pretty realistic scenario. There's going to be a run on some kind of position be it DL, OT, CB, WR, or QB so a top rated player at one of the other positions will be available at 11. Last year Chicago traded 20OA, a 2021 5th rounder, and then a 2022 1st round pick and a 2022 4th round pick to the Giants to move up from 20 to 11 so there's a framework already in place. Given they're likely looking at being down a 3rd this year and a 2nd next year after the Wentz trade picking up some additional picks would be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad