OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
Look, let's just end this. Ron and company are going defense..... again. Ron's a defensive guy, Hack Del Rio is a defensive guy, Martin Mayhew is a defensive guy, Marty Hurney is along for the ride.....lol

Anyways, it won't surprise me if a defensive back or linebacker is selected and they'll look for a wide receiver later in the draft. As for a quarterback, those idiots won't draft one and instead, they'll go the undrafted free agent route and then tell everyone that they were surpassed said quarterback wasn't drafted and that he fits the culture they're trying to build. This front office is predictable.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I learned my lesson to never want the Skins to draft a receiver in the first round..never.
My issue is that I always want them to take one, but they always screw it up….

BC16 is right, they’ll take a defensive player….DB or safety if a potential beast is there.

we can’t have nice things….

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario

Wtf is going on Washington with Rivera and his yes men. I've never seen a more asleep behind the wheel group. They're letting so many good players pass by and they aren't even attempting to try to sign a linebacker, something they desperately need. I don't get it. It's like there's no direction this offseason.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Wtf is going on Washington with Rivera and his yes men. I've never seen a more asleep behind the wheel group. They're letting so many good players pass by and they aren't even attempting to try to sign a linebacker, something they desperately need. I don't get it. It's like there's no direction this offseason.
Wagner has real options….as does anyone good Lol….

Reactions: Jacoby4HOF66

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010

Bobby Wagner isn't a former Carolina Panther... so that's a no go for Rivera and his good old panthers boys club.

Reactions: Corby78

BobbyClarkeFan16

Nov 29, 2005
Goderich, Ontario
They don’t have the money for Wagner. He’s gonna get north of 10m a year, and they just don’t have it. Not without waiving more people or pushing out salary cap concerns to the future
I don't even care about Wagner. It's about the fact that there have been decent players that have been available and haven't signed ridiculous contracts, yet there's nothing out of Washington that they've even made offers. This offseason feels like there's no sense of direction, other than get a quarterback. So, they got their quarterback and essentially packed it in. On top of it, they still haven't even worked anything out with McLaurin, which is inexcusable.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I don't even care about Wagner. It's about the fact that there have been decent players that have been available and haven't signed ridiculous contracts, yet there's nothing out of Washington that they've even made offers. This offseason feels like there's no sense of direction, other than get a quarterback. So, they got their quarterback and essentially packed it in. On top of it, they still haven't even worked anything out with McLaurin, which is inexcusable.

Why would premium FAs want to sign with the perpetually woeful, scandal-ridden, newly-renamed Commanders? They haven't been a country club gravy train that gives wastoid has-beens blank checks since Shanahan cleared the room. And they haven't been a contender for anything in the last 10 years, either.

How many top FAs have they been able to attract recently? They had to swing a trade for a QB that was about to be released just to get a decent vet. Imagine how much money they have to lob at actual first class free agents these days.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
This off-season was about 1 thing….get a QB starter….

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Why would premium FAs want to sign with the perpetually woeful, scandal-ridden, newly-renamed Commanders? They haven't been a country club gravy train that gives wastoid has-beens blank checks since Shanahan cleared the room. And they haven't been a contender for anything in the last 10 years, either.

How many top FAs have they been able to attract recently? They had to swing a trade for a QB that was about to be released just to get a decent vet. Imagine how much money they have to lob at actual first class free agents these days.
Yeah I’m of the same opinion. Why would anyone consider something less than way over market value to become a used to be redskin?

If this team wants to attract top of the line free agents it is going to take way over the going rate for pretty much everyone else. As it should be frankly…

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yea we failed at that too... Wentz is basically Heinicke... but we lose 25 million in cap space. Defense didn't get better... offense got worse..
Hey look no one was more vocal against this trade than me but if Heinicke had Wentz’s physical traits he’d be an All-Pro QB. Heinicke has the mental makeup and his teammates love him and he reads the game really well but his arm strength is very limited. Wentz is one of the more physically gifted QBs in the league.

Let’s just combine them both into one person and then we’re set.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Hey look no one was more vocal against this trade than me but if Heinicke had Wentz’s physical traits he’d be an All-Pro QB. Heinicke has the mental makeup and his teammates love him and he reads the game really well but his arm strength is very limited. Wentz is one of the more physically gifted QBs in the league.

Let’s just combine them both into one person and then we’re set.

Isn't that what everyone says about QB's that you know... stink? I'm pretty sure every fan said that about Trashkins as well.

Jags

Mildly Disturbed
May 5, 2016
Central Florida
Isn't that what everyone says about QB's that you know... stink? I'm pretty sure every fan said that about Trashkins as well.

That's what hopeful fans say sometimes, sure. But you saying that Wentz is basically Heinecke just isn't true. He's been better across the board. If he puts in the work to click in this offense, there's no question he'd be a big upgrade. He's just not the sexy acquisition or stud, sure-thing draft pick that fans wanted. No one wants to play here, so we only figured to get a good QB via trade, and even then only a QB who had no say in where he was dealt. Given that situation, I don't see how we could have done much better than Wentz.

From a hopeful, "Gosh I wish the stars would align for us so we can solve this decades-old QB problem" perspective, yeah, it's kind of a bummer. But he has it in him to be a really good QB in this league. If he does the work and stays healthy, it could work out. And with a 1-year out, where's the risk? If it doesn't work, we punt on him and move on.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
That's what hopeful fans say sometimes, sure. But you saying that Wentz is basically Heinecke just isn't true. He's been better across the board. If he puts in the work to click in this offense, there's no question he'd be a big upgrade. He's just not the sexy acquisition or stud, sure-thing draft pick that fans wanted. No one wants to play here, so we only figured to get a good QB via trade, and even then only a QB who had no say in where he was dealt. Given that situation, I don't see how we could have done much better than Wentz.

From a hopeful, "Gosh I wish the stars would align for us so we can solve this decades-old QB problem" perspective, yeah, it's kind of a bummer. But he has it in him to be a really good QB in this league. If he does the work and stays healthy, it could work out. And with a 1-year out, where's the risk? If it doesn't work, we punt on him and move on.

We said that about Fitztragic as well... How'd that turn out? Considering his injury history.. and our history of injured players... my money's on Wentz getting obliterated in the first couple of game.. Then we're out 28 million for nothing... and at the same time hamstrung our team because we can't afford any actual offensive talent. Heinicke will be starting at some point in the season and we're basically out 28 million and worse off than we were last year (considering we've lost some actual talent on our OL).

There's a reason why the rest of the NFL is making fun of this Wentz trade. I believe it also got voted the worst trade of the offseason thus far... because by taking wentz and his 28 million... we basically handed the Colts a better QB in Ryan... along with their already stout running game and legit D... they're about to make a run. Funny how all we do is make other teams better and never ours.

• Wow
Reactions: Beef Invictus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad