OT: Washington Commanders: 2022 Offseason - Part 1 - Commander Carson Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Someone tweet Keim and ask him if he’s paid any attention since ‘99…..we have plenty to complain about for the next decade.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Riots in Kansas City tonight, I assume?

Chiefs are done. It's like the Pens trading Malkin during their prime years -- they would have never been
the same dominant team, even with Crosby. Mahomes and Kelce alone scare no one.

Unfortunately Tyreek Hill will be wasted in Miami with "Tuna".

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

"Further, the team says it's sold more new season tickets in the last three weeks than in the previous three years"

Sure Danny. People are lining up for tickets...

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany

"Further, the team says it's sold more new season tickets in the last three weeks than in the previous three years"

Sure Danny. People are lining up for tickets...
Lol you mean your doing better than when Covid was not allowing fans in the stadium??? Well done commanders!

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So of course they can't just take being dumped, they have to make the usual public statement attacking the other party.

"You didn't break up with us, we broke up with YOU. And you were totally into us!"

lol

Reactions: Jags

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
So what happened if you read the smoke signals KS is sending up is the RFP contains clauses requiring loyalty to the Commanders and/or Snyders, and 980s response to the RFP omitted or red lined those stipulations knowing that would exclude them from consideration. Some competitor went along with them.

Which means whoever picks up the deal is going to become an official propaganda machine for the Waffles.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
"The hosts have historically always been given broad latitude to criticize the team, even when it was owned by Snyder."

HAHAHAH yeah sure.
It's true. They constantly bitched about the team when there was a 980 - 1067 feud. Tony Kornheiser on his radio show frequently said "We are employees of 980...and we are aware Snyder owns the team...BUT'" and would proceed to rip into Washington every Monday after a loss, if they had lost. Same with Sheehan, Galdi, and anyone else who worked there. The notion by 1067 then, that it was "team sanctioned" radio was simply not true.

That's why I'm surprised this is going on now. Washington on 980 has always been honest and fair speaking the truth even despite ownership by then-Red Zebra.

I'm curious where they end up taking the rights, probably WMAL. Also doesn't seem like Bram is leaving, as he appears to be an employee of the team. When the Ravens switched from WQSR to their new affiliate WBAL in the past, they let go of Garceau and Matte and put in their own employees, who were WBAL (Gerry Sandusky)[/B]

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
It's true. They constantly bitched about the team when there was a 980 - 1067 feud. Tony Kornheiser on his radio show frequently said "We are employees of 980...and we are aware Snyder owns the team...BUT'" and would proceed to rip into Washington every Monday after a loss, if they had lost. Same with Sheehan, Galdi, and anyone else who worked there. The notion by 1067 then, that it was "team sanctioned" radio was simply not true.

That's why I'm surprised this is going on now. Washington on 980 has always been honest and fair speaking the truth even despite ownership by then-Red Zebra.

I'm curious where they end up taking the rights, probably WMAL. Also doesn't seem like Bram is leaving, as he appears to be an employee of the team. When the Ravens switched from WQSR to their new affiliate WBAL in the past, they let go of Garceau and Matte and put in their own employees, who were WBAL (Gerry Sandusky)[/B]

Yeah, sorry but I'm not buying it. I listened to 980 for many many years before the sale, and afterward you could hear and see the culture change. I stopped listening eventually. Maybe some personalities that were too big to fire eventually decided to speak up but there was a definite change and a definite slant, even if it wasn't obvious in a vacuum. Doc Walker comes to mind as one who turned into an overt cheerleader.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad