Matvei Michkov 6 Points in 3 Preseason Games

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Not insane when you consider:
1. He's a winger;
2. He's Russian; and
3. He skipped a bunch of team interviews.
Draft him and then trade him for a fortune, like what the Nordique did with Lindros. But to pass over a very special player in the draft like 5 teams did is beyond foolish. Each of those clubs are about lesser for their mistake.

Imagine passing on this player. Should have gone 2
Yup. And maybe one? Will Michkov be a minus 50?

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Draft him and then trade him for a fortune, like what the Nordique did with Lindros. But to pass over a very special player in the draft like 5 teams did is beyond foolish. Each of those clubs are about lesser for their mistake.
The issue is Michkov is a Russian in the KHL. So he can hold out overseas and basically try to dictate where he gets traded thus tanking his value. That's not something you want to risk when there are players like Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith on the board.

Reactions: LuGBuG

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
The issue is Michkov is a Russian in the KHL. So he can hold out overseas and basically try to dictate where he gets traded thus tanking his value. That's not something you want to risk when there are players like Carlsson, Fantilli, and Smith on the board.
Those guys are literally scrubs compared to Michkov. How did it work out for the clubs who thought the same about Jagr so picked Primesu, Nedved, and Nolan ahead of him?
When a phenom is in the draft you take him. Trade his rights if you have to later. But never pass on these guys. The clubs who get them become Cup winners. The clubs who pass end up big losers.,

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Those guys are literally scrubs compared to Michkov. How did it work out for the clubs who thought the same about Jagr so picked Primesu, Nedved, and Nolan ahead of him?
When a phenom is in the draft you take him. Trade his rights if you have to later. But never pass on these guys. The clubs who get them become Cup winners. The clubs who pass end up big losers.,
Okay at this point you're either drunk or trolling lol. It's preseason, let's settle down on comparing him to guys like Jagr.

moropanov

Mar 7, 2015
Could be a decent confidence builder though
Yea and he is very skilled player potential future 100 point player no doubt and he isnt one dimensional player would say plays with better attitude/better all around game than most Russian star typic players great prospect overall, but just stating these practice game's dont mean much at all.

dendazen

Sep 29, 2024
Watched him play 3 games live, puck handling, poise, puck protection reminds me of Pavel Datsyuk. I am not even Flyers fan, but live near Philly and my gf is a big flyers fan, so we go to flyers games for live NHL hockey so I am not hyping him up in anyway, but in Allentown at the rookie game vs Rangers, he was battling with the puck against big rangers D dudes, like 6'4" 6'5" and he was protecting the puck with one hand for like 10 - 15 seconds from both of them since his second hand was locked between one of the D guy and the board and they couldn't take a puck away from him, i literally thought it was unreal. Man he is so strong on the puck, has very soft hands, I haven't seen his shot yet much, besides a few one timers and this OT snipe, but the kid creates plays out of literally nothing, he is also so skillful at separating himself of opposition, like 1 second you see he is with 1 or 2 opponent and then boom, he has possession and free with some freak maneuver, some black magic. I don't think i have seen such talent in a while and I have been following NHL since 1998. I do believe he is on the level of Malkin, Datsyuk, Kaprizov, Kucherov, next Russian superstar in making.

Reactions: Devonator

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
To the teams that passed on this guy to allow him to drop to the Flyers,

Thanks a lot, you jerks. I hope you never have an ounce of success for this decision.

Sincerely,
A Penguins fan

• Haha
Reactions: Devonator

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012
Superstar in the making. And most of us aren't surprised.

I lost a ton of money betting on that draft with Michkov under 5.5 draft position. Despite the smoke I refused to believe GM's would actually let him fall out of the top 5. Insanity then and will only look worse over time.
How dumb does one have to be to bet on where a guy is drafted? There are people who actually have inside information here, and I'm guessing you were not one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad