Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
People have been ridiculing anyone calling out yzerman the past 2 years, especially when it comes to criticism of his signings. I said those signings and logjam would likely cost us draft capital to get rid of somehow, and sure enough it did at a pretty decent price. Those are solid assets we could be using to actually acquire talent not ship it out. Again if nothing else happens this is objectively terrible.
Oh wow YOU were the one that was critical of the Holl and Petry signings?

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Well, for one, we've heard rumblings from posters on this board and from this post going back a few months now that Walman fell out of favor in the locker room.

We don't know what he did. Maybe the rest of the league does. Obviously if Yzerman didn't have to attach a second to him to get rid of him, he wouldn't have.

Yzerman clearly felt he needed to free up that roster spot from Walman and his cap space in order to improve the team. Let's see what he uses it for before we freak out over losing a mid defenseman.

Even that post frames Walman as a positive asset. Moving on from Walman isn’t a complete shock. Packaging a second to do so is, nobody woke up this morning and thought he was a negative asset.

I agree that if something happened off ice that’s the missing context. We’ll see what comes out. If this is a pure hockey move you just can’t justify that pricing.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
99% of this board projected Walman in our top four next year.
In fairness an almost equal number of people were really interested in finding ways to improve our top 4 next year.

Don't get me wrong I think the details of this trade are pretty shocking, but the fact he was moved isn't.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
In fairness an almost equal number of people were really interested in finding ways to improve our top 4 next year.

Don't get me wrong I think the details of this trade are pretty shocking, but the fact he was moved isn't.

I agree, moving him in isolation doesn’t stun me. The price does (unless there are shenanigans behind the scenes).

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
Hmm.... Pierre Lebrun tweets that Wings could extend Gostisbehere.
Honestly if this was done just to extend Ghost, for the first time, I'm genuinely going to doubt Yzerman's ability to GM. He gets a ton of leeway because of how effective his team building was in Tampa and the fact that most of his moves are reasonable. If we're rolling back last year's team - Walman, my blood will boil.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
You are really bad at math.
Gibson is a former 2nd, we traded him for another 2nd. That’s 1 for 1. then we got also a third round prospect. We then traded the 2nd we just received to get rid of Walman. That’s now two 2nd rounders out, plus Walman, while the only thing we kept was the former 3rd rounder. Explain how I’m bad at math again?

• Haha
Reactions: Weltschmerz

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
This was on the Walman trade thread on the main boards:

Told you guys he was on his way out, and that they may have trouble getting a return. He was that bad. Maatta they’ll get a pick for, and if they retain on Holl they’ll get futures for him too. Or they’ll buy him out.

They’re adding two Dmen in all likelihood

Fingers crossed that neither of those two Dmen is Ghost.

Reactions: Ricelund

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad