Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SirloinUB

Aug 20, 2010
Canada
I am stunned that Walkman’s trade value is this low. He had his warts but dude scored 12 goals on 3.4 mil contract. Shit. A lot of forwards can’t produce that kind of value.

Reactions: jkutswings

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Did anyone listen to the Expected by whom podcast interview with him? I got a super weird vibe from him but at the time wasn't sure if I was just imagining things.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Essentially took 2 2nds to cap dump Walman lmfao. That’s horrendous value. That kind of capital is used on horrendous contracts and Walman is not that.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah based upon on-ice play, this is inexplicable. Even if I tell myself "Yzerman hates Walman and wanted him gone no matter what" there's no way that this makes sense. We should be trading Walman for a 2nd +, not Walman + 2nd for FC if we want to trade him. If we're not about to find out that he's a meth head or a sexual predator, and everyone in the league knows, I have no explanation.
Feels like it has to be something along these lines

at which point I still have to question why it was apparently broadcast around to all other GM's even though its not public knowledge. We should have STILL been able to get value for him

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Remember those of you who ridiculed us for our criticism of yzerman when we said his signings and decisions could end up really costing the team? Well…if there’s not a bigger move here at play and this is truly just a cap dump then there you fools go.

Reactions: DatsyukToZetterberg

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Remember those of you who ridiculed us for our criticism of yzerman when we said his signings and decisions could end up really costing the team? Well…if there’s not a bigger move here at play and this is truly just a cap dump then there you fools go.
Everyone panic. Losing Jake Walman and a 2nd just derailed the rebuild.

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
Chiarot-Mo?

3ed2dd57-dfa9-49e7-a277-0741a0085810_text.gif

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Your opinions being dumb in the past and Yzerman making a dumb move here are not mutually exclusive.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
It was problem with Vrana and we don't know what actually happened, but after that all Vrana friends gone , so I don't expect Yzerman or anyone else will tell us what is wrong with Walman.
Anyone else except Yzerman will draft potential trouble?

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
With two trades in the same day, it seems safe to guess that Yzerman still has moves in mind. And it's entirely possible that one or more of those moves become a home run of an addition. So I'm not writing today off as if everything has completely unfolded.

That said, on paper, the act of unloading Jake Walman with a 2nd round pick stapled to him, in exchange for future considerations, makes absolutely zero sense. Even if he does have off-ice issues, he played well enough this past season that SOMEBODY should have been willing to give Detroit at least a late round pick, rather than losing both the player and a pick in the offloading.

WEIRD...at least for now.

Reactions: HisNoodliness

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
Keep an eye on John Gibson from Anaheim, this would clear enough space for Detroit to trade for him, now, since Verbeek was adamant about not retaining any of his salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad