Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
We picked a guy in the 2nd to get a 2nd and then trade that 2nd for the 2nd time. Maybe I think, how many 2nds?

2d2b39ca-4734-4a89-a345-a8dca0c61d69_text.gif

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
This is a cap dump so clearly Yzerman is planning on making some more moves. Wonder if this increases the likelihood that kane is re signed?

It will increase the likelihood for everything. Before this, we had like ~6M space for an extra player (if not Kane).

Now we have 9 million.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Pretty sure this could be a 3-way trade but because san jose didnt send anything to nashville it isnt?

jaster

I am become woke, destroyer of ignorance.
Jun 8, 2007
I'll admit, this does seem slightly extreme to ensure AlJo has a top-6 spot, but I also can't say I'm surprised.

Ed Ned and Leddy

Brokering the Bally Sports + Corncob TV Merger
Apr 1, 2019
Detroit to DC
Give me this and I’ll be ok:

Skjei-Seider
Edvinsson-Pesce
Johansson-Whoever’s left

I can dig this (can dig Montour too personally) but in skeptical of our ability to attract two of the best defensemen in the market in a single offseason. Idk maybe I’m too doomer.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
The weirdness with him being out of the lineup near the end of the season makes me think there was something else going on.

I started joking if Walman was still alive given there was so much mystery about his status and when and if he'd be back in the lineup.

This is an odd move that hopefully looks that way right now because of incomplete information.

Yzerman said something about muscle injury at last presser.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Bit of a stinker. Wants that money early for something. Seems like you could have waited for UFA to settle and dealt Walman for a low pick.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It will increase the likelihood for everything. Before this, we had like ~6M space for an extra player (if not Kane).

Now we have 9 million.
Nope
We have about 30 Mill for 7 players. After Seider and Raymond are signed, we'll have about 13 for 5 players.

Perfect Human

Dec 17, 2014
Reading scouting reports on Kiiskinen is encouraging that he is not a throw away prospect and we actually got a potential player.

He was 17 when drafted and young for his draft year. Got a taste in liiga as a Draft Eligible and played all year there as a D+1 apart from 8 games where he had 21 points for the U20 team. He scored 4g6a in 38 games with the Pelicans last year.

Wings need wingers and this guy is probably the 2nd or 3rd best winger prospect in the system now behind Mazur and maybe Buch.

Not unhappy with this at all.

Reactions: iDangleDangle

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
So is this right?
Wings: B level prospect in Kiiskinen
San Jose: 2nd from Nashville (Tampa's OG pick), Jake Wallman
Nashville: B level prospect in Gibson
Yeah, this is what people are losing their minds over.
Better opportunity? He’s was the top pairing guy here
Not down the stretch.

I know he had a bad attitude and the coaches didn't like him but why give him away for free? Let alone pay to give him away for free.
Let’s see what Yzerman does with the cap space.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
If it's to resign Ghost it's atrocious
Let's be real for a second. Ghost had 56 points. From the new year on he had 30 points, 27 assists. Walman had 1 (one) assist in that timeframe. Same number as Holl, in over double the games.

I don't think that alone should make Walman a cap dump because he was clearly not playing healthy, but Wings need the offense Ghost brings way more than they need what Walman brings.

Reactions: jaster

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
This may be a stupid question because I never quite know all the rules, but couldn't they have put Walman on waivers and potentially moved him for free?
In my head I said the same thing... Literally could have just waived him.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
This may be a stupid question because I never quite know all the rules, but couldn't they have put Walman on waivers and potentially moved him for free?

Presumably because we knew no one would take him for free. I think it is safe to say that something we don't know about is the reason that Walman was mysteriously absent from the lineup down the stretch last year. Yzerman is not dumb, if he could have moved Walman for less he would have done so.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad