Confirmed with Link: Walman and a 2nd Round Pick traded to SJ

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2004
Presumably because we knew no one would take him for free. I think it is safe to say that something we don't know about is the reason that Walman was mysteriously absent from the lineup down the stretch last year. Yzerman is not dumb, if he could have moved Walman for less he would have done so.

Agreed. It's just part of why this is so baffling.

As I said in the trade forum, maybe this will be a rare time that "Future considerations" actually turns out to be something.

Squirrel in the Hole

Be the best squirrel in the hole
Feb 18, 2004
Sydney
What's interesting too is that Jake had a ten team NTC. Find it hard to believe that San Jose wouldn't be on there.
Drury: Goodrow, to waivers you go. Hope you like San Jose
Yzerman: Hold my beer....

Agreed. It's just part of why this is so baffling.

As I said in the trade forum, maybe this will be a rare time that "Future considerations" actually turns out to be something.
Future Considerations = 1OA :)

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Presumably because we knew no one would take him for free. I think it is safe to say that something we don't know about is the reason that Walman was mysteriously absent from the lineup down the stretch last year. Yzerman is not dumb, if he could have moved Walman for less he would have done so.
Bad attitude, out partying too much. Huge ego, always crying that he had a booboo.

Word of all that gets around and probably no one wanted him.

Now he and zadina can fill the nets with pucks

• Haha
Reactions: Rolo Tomassi

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
maybe Holland offered McDavid and Draisaitl for Veleno and the Wings are in a mad dash to acquire cap space before he changes his mind :sarcasm:

• Love
Reactions: Ed Ned and Leddy

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Bad attitude, out partying too much. Huge ego, always crying that he had a booboo.

Word of all that gets around and probably no one wanted him.

Now he and zadina can fill the nets with pucks
Word of that gets around. So every NHL GM knows, killing his value. But at the same time, not a single NHL reporter gets any word on it?

Reactions: Alex Thrasher

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
But they need their defensemen to actually play defense more than they need the offense Ghost brings.
Edvinsson should be a nice upgrade over walman. And Johansson hopefully will fill out the top 4 or else be a bottom pair and maybe Petry slides into ghosts dms on the 2nd pair?

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Word of that gets around. So every NHL GM knows, killing his value. But at the same time, not a single NHL reporter gets any word on it?

I know what I know. I can't speak to what insiders have heard or not.

Hughes Hefner

May 12, 2018
I love how so many people are just assinating a man's character with baseless accusations. We're getting into Correy Perry and Connor Beddards mom territory...

Reactions: Holden Caufield

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
This just means that Steve is expecting us to regress more next year and is trying to clear assets for further rebuild. I think we can expect more guys with value to be traded as well like Berggren and Fabbri.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I love how so many people are just assinating a man's character with baseless accusations. We're getting into Correy Perry and Connor Beddards mom territory...
Personally, I'm not assuming anything about Walman. I liked him as a player, even if I thought he was better served as a second pairing helper than on the first pairing with Seider.

But sending a 2nd rounder with him in exchange for future considerations makes at least one of the two likely:
1) There were issues with the player not related to on-ice performance, and/or
2) There are one or more pending moves that are EXTREMELY time sensitive, so they had to pay a price to make cap room ASAP.

I'm hoping it's just Reason #2, both for the sake of Walman and the Wings.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I don't get why Detroit couldn't have put Walman on waivers. San Jose would have first crack at him.

Is there another guy going on waivers soon that San Jose will claim and trade to Detroit for future considerations? That's really the only thing I can think of. Otherwise this was just a dumb f***ing trade.

Euro Twins

Healthy Scratch
Mar 19, 2016
Are you claiming to know something that the general public doesn't, or am I misunderstanding?

I definitely do. It's not my place to divulge more info than what I already have. And tbh I don't care if you believe me or not.

Just sharing a small bit of info to shed a bit of light on the trade.

Just know that Yzerman and the coaches were sick of his bs.

So if they needed to clear cap space leading to a signing he was the odd man out since they can't trade holl or Petry.

However I fully expect holl to be bought out

Reactions: sepster and izlez

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Ok, what did Walman do that both pissed of the Wings and made him a cap dump? Even if he is in the doghouse, hard to imagine you can't get at least a 2nd/3rd for him rather than paying cap dump prices. Unless there is something big or nefarious involved this will be my first really questioning an Yzerman trade/move. Also, why did they trade Gibson right away?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad