W Nikita Kucherov (2011, 58th overall, Tampa Bay)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
It's gonna suck for Quebec if Buffalo calls up Grigorenko. From what I have heard Roy never got a straight answer from the Sabres about what they do with him when the season starts.

He mentionned last week he wouldn't trade one until Buffalo tells him Grigorenko will spend the season in Quebec... make your own assumption...

Fulcrum

Lol yeah shady is the wrong word, cold is right though.

At least there will be no distractions for him there.

Lol, ye Rouyn-Noranda is not exactly known to be a club central with lots of distracting ladies :).

hiver_quebec.jpg

I'm sure it's a lovely place to live though.

Mathletic

Feb 28, 2002
Ste-Foy
It's gonna suck for Quebec if Buffalo calls up Grigorenko. From what I have heard Roy never got a straight answer from the Sabres about what they do with him when the season starts.

Regier told Roy, about a month or 2 ago, there would be a 75% chance Grigorenko would stick to the NHL if there's a season.

Kamaev then traded to Sherbrooke.

IceMaster

Oct 31, 2008
Lol yeah shady is the wrong word, cold is right though.

At least there will be no distractions for him there.

I was born in Rouyn-Noranda and now living in Quebec City and I can actually say I prefer Rouyn-Noranda's weather. It's colder but drier and less windy, so more comfortable. But for the rest... Quebec City all the way. :nod:

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I sure do. Often times Europeans are some of the funnest players to watch.

Do you not? (not looking to argue, but just want to hear your reasoning).

Simply put to bring more imports would affect the Canadian development system since there is one less spot for young Canadian players on the team and the goal of the CHL is to develop Canadian talent. Yes in some cases the Euros are the most talented on the team but to have a roster littered with them would certainly not benefit hockey Canada, We are seeing this in our goal-tending, since many Euro goalie imports are drafted recently, the Canadian goalies are getting less playing time and the young promising prospects on a team are spending seasons in junior B because there is no room for them.

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Simply put to bring more imports would affect the Canadian development system since there is one less spot for young Canadian players on the team and the goal of the CHL is to develop Canadian talent. Yes in some cases the Euros are the most talented on the team but to have a roster littered with them would certainly not benefit hockey Canada, We are seeing this in our goal-tending, since many Euro goalie imports are drafted recently, the Canadian goalies are getting less playing time and the young promising prospects on a team are spending seasons in junior B because there is no room for them.

Fair enough. If the point of the CHL is solely for development of Canadian players, then you make a good point.

As far as an on ice product is concerned, and even as far as a marketable business is concerned, they'd do well to bring more young European talent over.

Since they do currently allow for 2 Europeans on each team, they do have some balance.

Personally, I care more about the product than I do Canada winning gold every year, so I'd love to see more Europeans.

Perhaps if I'm off base on anything, someone can correct me :)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I think it's ridiculous that a league that wants to tout itself as the premier development league for the NHL limits players based on birth nation. This is 2012, not 1952.

Then why don't we abandon all restrictions and limits, let as many as possible come like the English Premier League in soccer and see how this "benefits" our hockey.. :shakehead

GuillaumeLetsundress*

I think it's ridiculous that a league that wants to tout itself as the premier development league for the NHL limits players based on birth nation. This is 2012, not 1952.

Yes they suck... Ushl's is awful too on a side note..

Sartorial

#RegisteredUser
Dec 14, 2011
Saskatoon
Then why don't we abandon all restrictions and limits, let as many as possible come like the English Premier League in soccer and see how this "benefits" our hockey.. :shakehead

The development of soccer players in England (and all of Europe for that matter) is completely different than the development of hockey players in Canada.

Take Germany or Spain for instance, they have the same lack of restrictions as England, and they're arguable the two most dominant nations of the biggest sport in the world.

Also, EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga et all are professional leagues. Our professional league, the NHL, also allows for as many internationals as can effectively play NHL hockey.

A professional soccer league isn't a valid comparison.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa

I have no idea who you're referencing with "our" hockey, but I fail to see how removing any barrier outside of talent, age, and team compatibility would be anything but a benefit to our game. (That "our" references hockey fandom in general.)

Edit: Another multi-point game? Wow, hope some of this translates to the pro level. Kid seems to be ripping it up.

CC321

Jun 23, 2012
Kucherov 8gp 5g 9a 14pt +3 2pm
That isn't bad for his first 8 games after rebuilding his shoulder.
I'm looking forward to seeing if he can handle playoff intensity.

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
The development of soccer players in England (and all of Europe for that matter) is completely different than the development of hockey players in Canada.

Take Germany or Spain for instance, they have the same lack of restrictions as England, and they're arguable the two most dominant nations of the biggest sport in the world.

Also, EPL, La Liga, and Bundesliga et all are professional leagues. Our professional league, the NHL, also allows for as many internationals as can effectively play NHL hockey.

A professional soccer league isn't a valid comparison.

I brought up soccer because many of the top teams in the EPL have many foreigners and they make up a large majority of the academys as well in England. La Liga and Bundesliga still have many players of their respective native countrys developing throught the systems and the leagues of their home country.

I have no idea who you're referencing with "our" hockey, but I fail to see how removing any barrier outside of talent, age, and team compatibility would be anything but a benefit to our game. (That "our" references hockey fandom in general.)

Edit: Another multi-point game? Wow, hope some of this translates to the pro level. Kid seems to be ripping it up.

By our I meant Canadian hockey, the NHL is a professional league its different obviously there would be many international players. The CHL however is a developmental league whos main task is of course to develop young players. Many Europeans complain time and time again how the influx of players from Europe to the CHL is negatively affecting the development of their players. Imo two import players is enough but more than that is pushing it is all I'm saying.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
I brought up soccer because many of the top teams in the EPL have many foreigners and they make up a large majority of the academys as well in England. La Liga and Bundesliga still have many players of their respective native countrys developing throught the systems and the leagues of their home country.

The problem for English football development isn't the amount of foreign imports, it's the way we develop talents in the first place.

By our I meant Canadian hockey, the NHL is a professional league its different obviously there would be many international players. The CHL however is a developmental league whos main task is of course to develop young players. Many Europeans complain time and time again how the influx of players from Europe to the CHL is negatively affecting the development of their players. Imo two import players is enough but more than that is pushing it is all I'm saying.

I would prefer a one import limit, purely because statistics show that it does have a negative impact on the development of European talent. Staying at home for longer is usually advisable.

Of course it is an archaic rule to an extent, and in theory nationality and patriotism is nonsense. However in this instance when it affects talent development so much, i think removing the limitations would only do more damage (Not for Canada).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad